Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!

Go down 
+16
widukind
Jill
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
landrover
lucky luke
Bonnie
rogerpgvg
Ana
pipsxlch
George
thebritfarmer
SUSANNE
Joliezac
Roger
Taos
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  Empty
PostSubject: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 3:32 pm

Instead of cluttering up this section I decided to just post the recently requested walkarounds/comparisons here. Starting with my honey badgers.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Yowie, PV, Mojo Fun x2, unknown bootleg, Safari

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:20 am; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 4:36 pm

Interesting figures, thanks

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 9:17 pm

Nice comparisons

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 10:50 pm

For almost 15 years, ratel in our collections was basically Play Visions. His recent reputation as a fierce animal increased his popularity. Most you're showing, together with the Eikoh, are very recent releases. My favorite is the Mojö female with a kit, it is something I'd never expect. Thanks for your picture, considering their differences in size, it helps a lot.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptyFri Jun 10, 2022 6:22 am

Lovely comparisons! I recently got the Mojo pair, they're my favorite of this species cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptyFri Jun 10, 2022 7:26 pm

Lovely pack, - but take care, I think they are not very social Laughing

Perhaps the popularity partly stems from this video ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] affraid Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 5:17 pm

Thank you everyone! Here are a few more comparisons. 
Tylosaurus

Diabloceratops (these two almost look like a sexually dimorphic pair)

Okapi

Walrus

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 6:06 pm

Wonderful comparison again,especially the Okapis.

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 8:37 pm

Magnificent!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 8:37 pm

I love them all Very Happy

What brand is the blue Tylosaurus, please alien

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 9:16 pm

Thank you friends! Susanne, it is a Geoworld model. I got lucky and snagged several of their marine reptiles in an ebay lot.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 9:27 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you friends! Susanne, it is a Geoworld model. I got lucky and snagged several of their marine reptiles in an ebay lot.

Ahhh ! Of course, - just their colers Very Happy
It is a beautyful model !

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 3:56 pm

Many wonderful comparisons again, Paige! Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:
Lovely pack, - but take care, I think they are not very social Laughing

Perhaps the popularity partly stems from this video ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] affraid Laughing

Id' say mostly instead of partly because this video was completely viral. To be fair, not exactly the video but the narration. Laughing Honey badgers were fairly unknown.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 4:37 pm

I just played the video for retro-internet nostalgia sake, and my mum overheard the commentary and said "What are you watching?" so I showed it to her and now she's laughing at the same thing we all found amusing all that time ago Laughing

thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 4:43 pm

Yep that video is pretty popular. It has become our mascot at work. I think we have a plush version that says some of these things from that video.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 9:11 pm

George wrote:
I just played the video for retro-internet nostalgia sake, and my mum overheard the commentary and said "What are you watching?" so I showed it to her and now she's laughing at the same thing we all found amusing all that time ago Laughing

cheers Give your mom a hug from me Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 11:36 pm

Thanks everyone! That video I think is a big reason why they suddenly became more known. Now if only someone could do that for a similar animal, the wolverine. Wink Then we might get some more toys of them too.  

I hope to update some more comparisons soon!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptyTue Jun 14, 2022 5:19 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 5:10 am

Mandrills

Scottish fold cats

Ammonites (and friends)

Tamarins

Alligators

Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 6:14 am

Wonderful collections. Is the large Tamarin life size?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 6:15 am

Thank you! A bit smaller I think than a real one I think. It is Safari's Incredible Creatures model.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 12:38 pm

It is surprising how some brands work so nicely together. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thanks everyone! That video I think is a big reason why they suddenly became more known. Now if only someone could do that for a similar animal, the wolverine. Wink Then we might get some more toys of them too.  

CollectA and Papo never released a wolverine and those are two brands that will likely release one soon or later.

I hope to update some more comparisons soon!

thebritfarmer wrote:
Wonderful collections. Is the large Tamarin life size?

If I'm not wrong, Safari used to describe the model as a 1:2 scale.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 1:05 pm

Great comparisons as well,especially the Scottish Folds and the Tamarins.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 7:28 pm

Thanks friends! 

I thought it was smaller... a nearby zoo has some and I remember them looking bigger. But then again, this is a fuzzy animal so that can make it look larger than it is in person.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 11:47 pm

I love these comparisons! I don't really have space for more gators but I really love the Mojo one

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!    Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Collected Comparisons. A couple of frogs!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next