Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
+8
Caracal
George
Bonnie
Stripedhyena
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Joliezac
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 4:01 am

Today I received 2 more of Papo's 2022 models: The wolf & great tit!

Here is the wolf:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

While its not my favorite wolf model, I did like the reddish coloration, its something new. I do like the model overall though, its a nice addition to my fairly large wolf pack.

Here are a few comparisons with some of my other wolves:

With the pup from this year:

With Schleich:

With Papo's howling wolf:

With Safari's newest wolf:

And then all 4:

A nice wolf from Papo, I'll add it to my European Alps display cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:17 am

Nice pics of a nice wolf

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:47 am

I think thats a really nice sculpt with a nice red coat but poor execution... but I am a canine critic. AND with that being said I will be getting them both anyhow. Perhaps in years to come there may be some lighter highlights added. Congrats on her addition!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 12:10 pm

It is a luck for all of us that you get your figures so early and that you present them on forum with great pictures and comparisons.
This is still not the perfect wolf but there are some very positive things on it. First, it adopts a different color from all other wolf figures what turns it special for someone building a pack. It has also a very animated pose contrarily to the great Safari model which is very good but quite square in shape what turns it somewhat boring. There's a strong Papo signature on this model, I think we can see clearly it is a Papo. It is not easy to get correctly the features of each subspecies but European wolves are larger and have a good number of differences when compared with the American subspecies. One of them is that they don't ahve Eskimo Dog like faces and they may look unusual to people used with the American specimens.
I will surely revisit this topic several times because this model is being cogitated. Very Happy

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 12:46 pm

OUCH! No The color and the quality of the finishes looked very different in the promotional photos!

Don't let me down Papo, I have all my hopes on you...  Sad
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 2:22 pm

Lovely photos, I love the colour too and there is something very powerful and wild about this model which I really like! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 6:59 pm

Wow, so different to that promo photo, you're right - much less contrast and no face markings at all. It could probably be made to match with some custom painting over the factory paint, but we shouldn't have to be doing that.

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 1:54 pm

You are right George! it miss the facial markings  that  is its main flaw but I would add its too dark brown winter coat too. I think I'll have to do something about that but  I must insist on its qualities: a good european wolf-like shape:

.. quite different from the american-like previous model and more little..

.. a beautiful face..

..and a large skull associated with a narrow muzzle! Here comparison with the last more dog-like Schleich model.

That's why I bought two pieces yesterday! :)

Back to top Go down
Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Jul 12, 2022 1:04 pm

Wow! the promo photo is no difference from cheating.
Back to top Go down
Laskodog11

Country/State : America

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 10:47 pm

Damn, the promo image got me hyped. I had to look twice to make sure the real thing wasn’t a knock off.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/c/Laskodog11
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 2:20 pm

A little paint goes a long way with this model. I repainted one for my personal collection to resemble the stock photo and totally repainted another into a black phase wolf. It is a wonderful sculpt, just the factory paint work is lacking.

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 6:24 pm

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
A little paint goes a long way with this model. I repainted one for my personal collection to resemble the stock photo and totally repainted another into a black phase wolf. It is a wonderful sculpt, just the factory paint work is lacking.

Painting is just an equally important part of QC.
Most of consumers buying are based on the official promo picture without seeing them in advance.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed May 31, 2023 3:28 pm

That's a lovely collection of wolves, I have the grey howling variety and the loping posed one and love them both dearly. :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed May 31, 2023 6:06 pm

Brandubh94 wrote:
That's a lovely collection of wolves, I have the grey howling variety and the loping posed one and love them both dearly. :)

Welcome here

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed May 31, 2023 6:29 pm

Thanks Widukind! ^^
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed May 31, 2023 8:46 pm

Brandubh94 wrote:

Welcome on forum! Very Happy

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed May 31, 2023 9:04 pm

Thanks Roger! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2022 Papo Wolf Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1