Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Coconutona

Country/State : United states

Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?  Empty
PostSubject: Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?    Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?  EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]I desperately need help to find out the sets for these horses! I got them as a kid and I remember having more but idk where they came from! I have found some horse tubes by wild republic that have a similar style ? But when I try to purchase them they are totally different. I think this group would be able to help me, thank you!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?    Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?  EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 2:22 pm

I don't know them, have you tried to find them in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maybe [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] can help you.
By the way, welcome on forum. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?    Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?  EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 6:58 pm

Welcome here

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?    Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?  EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 8:46 pm

I wish I knew the origins of these, because I really like them, especially the draft horse. :) Unfortunately, I do not! They are not in that catalogue, and no current Wild Republic/K&M tubes match. I will keep an eye out for them from now on, though, because I bet there is a whole tube set and I would be curious to see the rest. Thank you for sharing! (That is a nice bucket of tiny horses you have behind them, too. Laughing )

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?    Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?  EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 9:30 pm

Thanks for checking Jill. If you don't know we will probably take some time to figure it out.

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?    Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?  EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 1:42 am

that grey one is just lovely! and I noticed the wonderful herd behind it too Laughing Very Happy

I've not come across them before but I will keep these ones in mind if I see anything similar.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?    Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?  EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 8:06 pm

Coconutona wrote:
I have found some horse tubes by wild republic that have a similar style ? But when I try to purchase them they are totally different.
When you say you found them but the real product was a different style, do you mean these? I noticed the same thing, that this image is used to advertise a very different tube of horses. These do look like they belong to the same set as yours, it's really strange they being used to advertise for a totally different product!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?    Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?  EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 7:50 pm

So ever since this subject was made, I've been looking for these guys. Managed to find the palomino, which we have seen, but today I got a new one. :) The buckskin from the promotional image that doesn't match the set it promotes. cheers While there is no way yet to know for sure, I feel pretty confident these horses are from the same set. Still don't know what the set is called and how many there were or anything, but one little step at a time. Laughing

This one has the same stamp as the palomino and draft horse.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?    Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?  EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 11:51 pm

So what are they, color variations of the Wild Republic Tube of 6 horses?

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?    Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?  EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 12:01 am

These don't match any horse tube I know of at least. The one currently available on Amazon with 6 horses uses the image above with the three horses (repeated to 6), but the tube itself does not contain those molds when you look at the actual picture. They are all more generic, standing molds. I think they recycled an advertising image from an earlier release. Those three pictured horses plus the palomino and draft Coconutona originally shared seem (to me) to be part of that missing set that this advertisement was originally made for (or possibly it was really just three horses repeated, and the palomino and draft belong to something different, but they are VERY similar stylistically). They seem like all original sculpts, as I have not see them appear in any other color yet, though that remains to be seen of course! There are trillions of little horses out there. Laughing

Maybe these were the tube release immediately prior to the current one?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?    Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?  EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 9:00 pm

I really don't know. Laughing This set of 6 horses, 3 moulds is quite unusual for the K&M style. Though, we can find that advertising picture easily.

PostSubject: Re: Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?    Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Help! Where do these k&m horses come from?
Page 1 of 1