Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

a box cover WWF collection

Go down 
+6
Stripedhyena
Bonnie
rogerpgvg
landrover
Roger
Caracal
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

a box cover WWF collection Empty
PostSubject: a box cover WWF collection    a box cover WWF collection EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 7:52 pm

My french friend Lionel (from "Soldat plastique" french forum) found this box cover on "Eurofigurine" market, today, and he kindly allowed me to share it  here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It probably was a promotional box for sellers and shows the rather good paintings these Pierre Dandelot sculptings would have deserved! (see on zebra) :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: a box cover WWF collection    a box cover WWF collection EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 10:47 pm

Fantastic document! It is really beautiful and everything looks so realistic with those promotional images.
Thanks for sharing and also thanks to your friend Lionel. Very Happy

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: a box cover WWF collection    a box cover WWF collection EmptyMon Oct 17, 2022 12:05 am

study study study Applause Applause Beautiful.

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: a box cover WWF collection    a box cover WWF collection EmptyMon Oct 17, 2022 8:04 pm

Great to see this promotion material. It was the pinnacle of the Starlux animal series. Unfortunately, also their last flare.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: a box cover WWF collection    a box cover WWF collection EmptyMon Oct 17, 2022 11:33 pm

Wow, beautiful models and interesting information! Shocked study Very kind of your friend to let you share this here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: a box cover WWF collection    a box cover WWF collection EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 12:59 pm

I think it is revolutionary that such a well-known brand, when trade was not yet as globalized and accessible as it is today, made a series with these species. I find it fascinating...
I didn't stop until I got the 9 figures that I want from this series... Even if the price was very high, it's worth it...
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: a box cover WWF collection    a box cover WWF collection EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 2:33 pm

Many thanks to you all Rogério, Fernando, Roger, Bonnie and Ricardo! Very Happy

I still miss the Zebra but as it received a bad painting and the same sculpting as the common model, I don't look for it.. :)
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: a box cover WWF collection    a box cover WWF collection EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 5:05 pm

I see the promo guereza and duiker are very different from the real figures (not only paint)...
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: a box cover WWF collection    a box cover WWF collection EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 8:17 am

I agree with Jarda, the differences are obvious on these too. Shocked

It is also interresting to notice the sable is a giant sable from Angola, I've changed it now on TAW  Very Happy

Thank you Alain and Lionel for sharing this great find  cheers
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: a box cover WWF collection    a box cover WWF collection EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 10:10 pm

Does it have any characteristics that make it more like a giant sable than a "common" sable antelope? Giant sables are mainly just larger, aren't they?

And perhaps that was already known, the zebra is a mountain zebra (I didn't realise).

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: a box cover WWF collection    a box cover WWF collection EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 10:27 pm

Caracal wrote:
My french friend Lionel (from "Soldat plastique" french forum) found this box cover on "Eurofigurine" market, today, and he kindly allowed me to share it  here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It probably was a promotional box for sellers and shows the rather good paintings these Pierre Dandelot sculptings would have deserved! (see on zebra) :)

very beautiful models Alain!! that was kind of your friend!

are these paint versions different from the normal models? and if so, why was this done?

thank you
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: a box cover WWF collection    a box cover WWF collection EmptyThu Oct 20, 2022 3:34 pm

@rogerpgvg: The reason I claim it's a Giant Sable is simply because that's what it says on the box. Very Happy
What sets the Giant sables apart is not the length or the height at shoulder, they are not taller so not giant Laughing . On the other hand, the horns are larger than in the other subspecies and the face is darker.

@sunny: The painting versions on the box of most of them are exactly the same than the models with the exception, oddly, of the Duiker and Guereza which are different from the model including for the sculpture.

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: a box cover WWF collection    a box cover WWF collection EmptyThu Oct 20, 2022 3:39 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

@sunny: The painting versions on the box of most of them are exactly the same than the models with the exception, oddly, of the Duiker and Guereza which are different from the model including for the sculpture.

thank you for clarifying Christophe
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: a box cover WWF collection    a box cover WWF collection EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 7:08 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
@rogerpgvg: The reason I claim it's a Giant Sable is simply because that's what it says on the box.  Very Happy
What sets the Giant sables apart is not the length or the height at shoulder, they are not taller so not giant  Laughing . On the other hand, the horns are larger than in the other subspecies and the face is darker.

Thanks. I realised it was based on the description.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: a box cover WWF collection    a box cover WWF collection EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 7:44 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
@rogerpgvg: The reason I claim it's a Giant Sable is simply because that's what it says on the box.  Very Happy
What sets the Giant sables apart is not the length or the height at shoulder, they are not taller so not giant  Laughing . On the other hand, the horns are larger than in the other subspecies and the face is darker.

Thanks. I realised it was based on the description.

As I don't think they care at all with the subtle facial markings on sable antelopes, I am almost sure the earlier Britains version is also a giant sable antelope. I don't know if it is known from which specimen the lead figure was sculpted and we could try to confirm it.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: a box cover WWF collection    a box cover WWF collection EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 2:22 pm

Wonderful and rare

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a box cover WWF collection    a box cover WWF collection Empty

Back to top Go down

a box cover WWF collection
Page 1 of 1