Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures

Go down 
+36
Bonnie
Arctinus
rogerpgvg
spacelab
Ghost Wolf Ranch
Saien
Katarzyna
Bloodrayne
biggest_dreamer
QuollMate
jarda
SUSANNE
donny ong
zosenwoans
Megaptera
Taos
Caracal
MartinH
Kikimalou
twilighter
Michelle
aschuck
MansoBoricua
widukind
endogenylove
Tupolew Tu-154
Saarlooswolfhound
Shanti
George
FlaffyRaptors
Roger
Joliezac
Duck-Anch-Amun
lucky luke
bmathison1972
VASILIS
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 11:06 am

According to NOAA Fisheries this Right whale could fit with the North-atlantic Right whale:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

By the way the Right whale, which is part of the Safari whales Toob could be the Southern Right whale:

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 2:02 pm

I do love this whale more each time I see it - you know, the kind of figure which starts you wondering if there's any way to start a whale collection if it lives in one corner of a different room, cos my bedroom is already full to overflowing with my horse collection and every available bit of surface in the living room is temporarily housing that overflow, but maybe whales in the kitchen? A shelf along the hall? Hang them from the ceiling like Airfix planes? Laughing No, sadly I don't have the space so I'll just admire and covet them without bringing any home Laughing

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 2:12 pm

it's morphologically impossible to separate right whale species. That's good for a collector, because you can declare one figure one species and another figure another species (provided the company doesn't say for sure).
I have the Safari whale as a northern, just because Safari has a predilection for North American fauna

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 2:51 pm

endogenylove wrote:
I have the Playvisions Angelshark, is this one likely the same species or different?

I think it is different. I believe the best match for this figure is a Sawback angelshark. For the Playvisions (large and small i will look)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 5:46 pm

A very nice final batch. The koolasuchus is neat for me because of WWD. I love that Arab stallion too, but hope ot doesn't have warping problems.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 7:05 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
it's morphologically impossible to separate right whale species. That's good for a collector, because you can declare one figure one species and another figure another species (provided the company doesn't say for sure).
I have the Safari whale as a northern, just because Safari has a predilection for North American fauna

Do you mean the standard size model? That's very interesting. The designed the bigger model like a North-atlantic right whale, but the toob model fits better with the Southern one.
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 7:17 pm

Since there is much talk about the whale, it's 24.7 cm in length and it will come out mid to late 2023...
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 8:38 pm

Megaptera wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

Do you mean the standard size model? That's very interesting. The designed the bigger model like a North-atlantic right whale, but the toob model fits better with the Southern one.

I meant the standard size yes, but as I said it's a moot point, as it is impossible to morphologically separate the two species, at least externally. Simply drawing coincidental comparisons with random online images isn't sufficient.

That being said, a collector can call whatever figure whichever species he/she wishes, and no one can refute it (unless the company specifically markets it at the species level or describes geography specific to a given species). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 9:07 am

I like all news... Can´t wait to have them :) I was hoping for one antelope but... maybe next year :) Great CollectA models .

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:11 am

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
George wrote:
Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
Okay. But this is not Schleich/Papo/Collecta size, isn't it?

Yes, same size, and the same sort of slightly flexible dense plastic. Slightly more expensive, but only a couple of pounds/euros per horse, not enough to put them into a different category of art piece rather than toy figure. I'd count them as the same sort of model (as do even the most serious model horse hobbyists, who organise the rules for live/photo showing - WIA compete in the classes with CollectA, Bullyland, Papo, and Schleich)

They are 1:18, and Schleich is 1:24. Not the same size, a little bit bigger, but smaller as Collecta deluxe. I will keep the WIA horse in my mind.

Schleich horses are not 1:24 scale, this is a misconception herited from some great horse collector websites. They're roughly 1:20 scale. Here is a comparison of the WIA horse with a Schleich Lusitano which is just slightly larger than the average Schleich horse. Their size is not that different as you can see, what is really different is the much more delicate legs of the WIA model.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 11:25 am

spacelab wrote:
Since there is much talk about the whale, it's 24.7 cm in length and it will come out mid to late 2023...

I definitively added it on my wantlist cheers
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 7:09 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Megaptera wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

I meant the standard size yes, but as I said it's a moot point, as it is impossible to morphologically separate the two species, at least externally. Simply drawing coincidental comparisons with random online images isn't sufficient.

That being said, a collector can call whatever figure whichever species he/she wishes, and no one can refute it (unless the company specifically markets it at the species level or describes geography specific to a given species). Very Happy

At least thanks to NOAA Fisheries we know some morphological differences between the 3 species. But at the end, as you already said, we collectors can choose a proper species for our models. Another example is the New Pangolin.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 8:20 pm

Ooh the whale is bigger than I imagined, definately want it now! cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 8:46 pm

Megaptera wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
Megaptera wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

At least thanks to NOAA Fisheries we know some morphological differences between the 3 species. But at the end, as you already said, we collectors can choose a proper species for our models. Another example is the New Pangolin.

the NOAA Fisheries website makes no mention of any morphologic features separating them. You are cherry-picking images that give you the predetermined outcome you desire. And also, those pics you used as examples are drawings, not photographs, and are subject to artist bias. There are numerous publications stating the species cannot be separated morphologically. One must use geography or molecular data.
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 7:56 am

Roger wrote:
Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
George wrote:
Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
Okay. But this is not Schleich/Papo/Collecta size, isn't it?

Yes, same size, and the same sort of slightly flexible dense plastic. Slightly more expensive, but only a couple of pounds/euros per horse, not enough to put them into a different category of art piece rather than toy figure. I'd count them as the same sort of model (as do even the most serious model horse hobbyists, who organise the rules for live/photo showing - WIA compete in the classes with CollectA, Bullyland, Papo, and Schleich)

They are 1:18, and Schleich is 1:24. Not the same size, a little bit bigger, but smaller as Collecta deluxe. I will keep the WIA horse in my mind.

Schleich horses are not 1:24 scale, this is a misconception herited from some great horse collector websites. They're roughly 1:20 scale. Here is a comparison of the WIA horse with a Schleich Lusitano which is just slightly larger than the average Schleich horse. Their size is not that different as you can see, what is really different is the much more delicate legs of the WIA model.

Thank you for the correction. Yes, i really thought the model site scales were right, but you show me, that they are wrong. This WIA horse is now at my wishlist. I need one with open mouth.

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2022 10:34 am

Will CollectA be sharing more batches or is this it for 2023?

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2022 2:03 pm

QuollMate wrote:

This is it. It's the same every year. Four weeks of releases, each Friday in November :)
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 03, 2022 7:19 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
QuollMate wrote:

This is it. It's the same every year. Four weeks of releases, each Friday in November :)

Thanks! For some reason I thought it was gonna be 5-6 batches.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 3:14 am

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 8:28 am

Thank you Donny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2022 4:41 pm

First post updated with complete list with numbers and pictures. Sleep
Please let me know if you find any mistake. Very Happy

Hippocollector

Country/State : Turkey

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 7:40 pm

Hello, is there any collecta serval?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 7:46 pm

Hippocollector wrote:
Hello, is there any collecta serval?

No, CollectA has never released a serval but they released the most beautiful hippo figure of ever. You know it, right?

Hippocollector

Country/State : Turkey

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 8:36 pm

Which one? They have 4 znd i have them all
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 8:46 pm

Hippocollector wrote:
Which one? They have 4 znd i have them all

Which one? The 2018 model of course.
Do you know a better representation of this animal at an affordable price?

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next