Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A New Antelope Model from China?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

A New Antelope Model from China? Empty
PostSubject: A New Antelope Model from China?   A New Antelope Model from China? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2022 2:46 pm

I was browsing google images and came across a picture of this model.  The reason I am posting it is because I LOVE antelopes and any new antelope model excites me, furthermore it appears to be a model of a Topi or one of the antelopes from the Alcelaphinae group.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So the question is, where can I see more images of this model and where can I get hold of one!!!

Website link here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MansoBoricua

MansoBoricua

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: A New Antelope Model from China?   A New Antelope Model from China? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2022 3:41 pm

Numa wrote:
I was browsing google images and came across a picture of this model.  The reason I am posting it is because I LOVE antelopes and any new antelope model excites me, furthermore it appears to be a model of a Topi or one of the antelopes from the Alcelaphinae group.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So the question is, where can I see more images of this model and where can I get hold of one!!!

Website link here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Good morning! It does look cool, but when comparing the anatomy of the antelope's anatomy, it sounds kind of enigmatic. By no means I want to deceive anyone, but the horns look like if those of a gemsbok or oryx were cut off in half. The facial traits do not resemble much of a Topi, Hartebeest, Blesbok or Wildebeest, and there seems to be a mane behind the antelope's neck. Just be careful, since I've seen Chinese bootlegging companies online that, for example, copy Schleich or Papo's figure of a lion and paint them as jaguars...

Like I said, no pun-intended, and by no means I want to deceive anyone. Just doing some research on the figure itself and comparing it to others released previously.
Back to top Go down
https://ianadames02.wixsite.com/ianadamesart
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A New Antelope Model from China?   A New Antelope Model from China? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2022 5:26 pm

study study study study

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: A New Antelope Model from China?   A New Antelope Model from China? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2022 5:30 pm

[quote="MansoBoricua"]
Numa wrote:

Good morning! It does look cool, but when comparing the anatomy of the antelope's anatomy, it sounds kind of enigmatic. By no means I want to deceive anyone, but the horns look like if those of a gemsbok or oryx were cut off in half. The facial traits do not resemble much of a Topi, Hartebeest, Blesbok or Wildebeest, and there seems to be a mane behind the antelope's neck. Just be careful, since I've seen Chinese bootlegging companies online that, for example, copy Schleich or Papo's figure of a lion and paint them as jaguars...

Like I said, no pun-intended, and by no means I want to deceive anyone. Just doing some research on the figure itself and comparing it to others released previously.

I agree with you totally, its not perfect by any means, I was just excited to see something, anything that resembles an antelope that is 'okay' but also something different and as soon as you look as it you would think immediately a topi or bontebok etc without evaluating it in detail...either way it would be good to know more about the 'series' this belongs to, size, more images etc.... Hope one of you out there is a better detective than I am.. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: A New Antelope Model from China?   A New Antelope Model from China? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2022 5:37 pm

Other interesting figure, study study

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Antelope Model from China?   A New Antelope Model from China? Empty

Back to top Go down

A New Antelope Model from China?
Page 1 of 1