Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Breyer collection

Go down 
+13
George
Taos
Jennypurr
MilkyMoo027
pipsxlch
Caracal
Shanti
sunny
Kikimalou
Bonnie
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
George

George

Country/State : England

My Breyer collection  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Breyer collection    My Breyer collection  - Page 8 EmptyThu May 02, 2024 2:06 am

Jill wrote:
Probably you are exactly right! I wish instead they had decided to go matte and/or add some brown or blue into the black for warm or cool shading. Oh well! I think sometimes the "tricolor eyes" are not the benefit they are intended to be.

Did you ever see the black Andalusian by Moody, in person? His paintjob was the most detailed black they've ever had - he's got shading, dappling, different paint textures (shinier on the mane, tail, and nostrils), a world away from the flat unshaded semigloss black they're all done with now. To think this was twenty years ago, and not only is it better painted than any black model since, but this was also the very first run on the mould - I do miss the days when a brand new sculpt was actually obtainable, as a £22.95 regular run release!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This shows the contrast between matte body and shiny hair, as well as the shaded brown tones

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Even his eyes look effective and natural, with the eye-white pinked and carefully placed to make him look at us, the brown is a shade darker to stand out less, and the gloss over the top to make it look wet and catch a speck of shine.

Applause

Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

My Breyer collection  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Breyer collection    My Breyer collection  - Page 8 EmptyThu May 02, 2024 5:35 pm

Ah, he's lovely! I've never seen him, he was released when I wasn't collecting. I love the subtle dapples in his black. A shame that has never been the standard for black. I also think Vigilante has a nice black coat, it has quite a bit of red and brown in it like a sunfaded black. Not quite as detailed as the Andalusian (and also stuck with the bridle and reins), but it would be nice to see more like these.
Back to top Go down

My Breyer collection
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8