Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breyer 2023 releases

Go down 
+11
Ponies and Paint
Jetty
widukind
bmathison1972
rogerpgvg
Saarlooswolfhound
Katarzyna
Alexcollection
Shanti
Roger
Taos
15 posters
AuthorMessage
George

George

Country/State : England

Breyer 2023 releases Empty
PostSubject: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 8:15 pm

The 2023 regular runs are officially revealed!
The photos actually surfaced on some model horsey blogs (and probably Facebook, but I don't look there) a few days ago, but that was just screenshots from an online dealer catalogue which was swiftly password protected once they realised normal collectors were viewing it too Laughing So I've waited a couple of days til Breyer put the releases up on their own site, so you can click through to see the full size pictures from several angles, the real horses behind the models, and text descriptions too.

Traditional (1:9 scale)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The 'Ideal' series, using the same mould in a series of different colours, carries on from the Quarter Horse and Paint Horse to feature the Appaloosa. The colour's nice enough, and I think people who've been collecting all of these will be really happy with this new one being so flashy and detailed, but I'm still not a fan of the mould so I'll be giving it a miss.

A fjord! A FJORD. I'm so glad they're letting this mould through to the regular run range so quickly, and that they've done it in a really nice typical shade of dun for the breed. I'd hoped they were saving yellow dun for the first regular run when the first ever release for the Premier Club members was a blue dun instead, but it's just really nice to see they're letting us have such a nice model as a regular run. I suspect this one will be incredibly popular with collectors, and with the supply issues we've had in the UK for the last few years, it might end up rather hard to get hold of just by hoping to catch one in stock before they've all gone, so I'll definitely be putting her on pre-order as soon as any of my usual stockists have them available to reserve in advance like that. I neeeed this fjord Laughing

This one's a portrait model of a horse whose rider starred in a Netflix documentary film. I don't do Netflix so I've never heard of them, but it's interesting to see them picking a horse who's famous for a reason other than being a show/competition champion, famous stud sire, or racing star. It's a nice action mould, and the horse has got enough white markings to not have the plain-semigloss-black-all-over effect of Breyer's usual jet black paintjobs.

A mare and foal set, and another first-time appearance for new moulds as a regular run release. I especially like how the mare looks very calm and placid, just standing there, while her foal is more lively - they'd make lots of sweet photo poses together. The colour is nicely done, too, it looks like there's a hint of metallic shine but nothing over the top toward being too golden, this is more subtle and realistic. The mare's also got a great quirky nose marking, and if you scroll to the last photo you can see the real one has that too. This set's also going on my wishlist.

Yet again, the first time this sculpt has been a regular run. Not my preferred kind of Arabian, with the long snakey outline, even longer legs, and showring stance, definitely one mould I'll be avoiding no matter what colour they ever do it in, but equally I can see it being pretty popular with people who do enjoy this type. The Peter Stone Arabian has been much-loved and very successful showing, even though I hate it and will never buy one, this new mould is like Breyer's version of the Stone Arabian and likely to divide opinion in a similar way Laughing

Classic (1:12 scale)

I rather like this one! It's still oddly lacking in muscle for a draft breed, but looks much better in this colour than the bland bay we had last time round.

Not so keen on the markings here, the appaloosa blanket pattern is fine but the pinto flash on the shoulder is a bit blobby and blunt, and the blurred markings on the legs don't match with it, which gives the paintjob a disjointed and amateurish look - not a fan.

Quite pretty, one of the more elegant moulds and the colouring's done well with just enough face shading and speckles to be interesting.

The first time this mould has been back in a real horse colour (rather than bright fantasy/decorator patterns) since it was first sold as the yearly limited edition. And the colour does really suit it, helped along by the fact it has no white socks, so there's none of that unsightly/lazy blurring to spoil the paintjob - I'll be getting this one.

Another one for my wishlist, I have this mould in chestnut (after being dubious about the mane and tail for years, I gave in when I saw a bargain one, hah) and will enjoy having it in bay as well. Plenty of shading, and a nice shade of brown paint too - not too wishy-washy like some, nice and rich. There are blurred socks, but not too bad - they go fairly briskly from black to white, rather than fading out down the leg.

I can't quite tell whether this is a black pinto with some light reflecting weirdly from whatever surface they photographed it on, or whether it really is a dark brown colour. The mould is a Morgan, which don't come in tobiano pinto anyway, so that doesn't help Laughing But you can see here how they've included the leg markings as part of the crisp masking process, so the colour pattern looks united as a whole, rather than having the body markings crisp and the legs blurred, like the pintaloosa I was complaining about before.

A pretty colour horse, the pale shade of buckskin known as buttermilk, but the set will be expensive cos of the rider and tack, so not one I'd consider getting. Notice also how Breyer riders' heads are a different scale to their bodies or their horses Laughing

I like the foal sculpt more than the adult horse in this set, but luckily I don't like this colour design on either of them, so I won't be torn about wanting one and not the other!

The rearing mustang is one of the nicest new sculpts for the Classics scale, in a good colour here, and the foal is sweet in that playful pose too. This one's a maybe for me but I haven't got round to buying the roan or pinto mustangs either yet, I'm still not really convinced whether I collect this scale or would rather save up and have more Traditionals and Stablemates instead Laughing

Talking of Stablemates, here's the next scale...

A set of four, and as usual there's some colours I'm keener on than others! The roan is gorgeous, the dunskin is unusual and nicely done, the grey is ok if you take the blotches as heavy Tetrarch/Chubari spotting rather than the dapples they're supposed to be, and the black one is boring with no shading and very blurred legs. I'll get the set, but mainly for the first two.

We also have a new batch of individual Stablemates, packaged on cards with different item numbers, so you can just pick up or order the one you want rather than taking pot luck with blind bags. Hopefully these will be easier to buy in the UK than the last lot, which proved very elusive - they sold out quickly, and rarely got restocked, so you were very lucky to catch them anywhere, especially the rarer moulds.

Now for some reason the single Stablemates aren't on the Breyer site yet, even though the photos have been released to retailers, so we'll swap to a random shop links for these (other stockists are equally good, I'm not advertising, just picked one which has them up already)

An appaloosa, which is quite similar to a chestnut roan they did once before, but with spots rather than speckles! The spotting is done pretty well, if the production models are all copied accurately from a master pattern then they'll be nice, not too regular in size and spacing

The 'Darley' mould as a single model for the first time, so a good way to buy them for customising rather than only being able to get one as part of larger set.

And the Missouri Fox Trotter for the first time outside a blind bag, the colour suits it and it's a mould I like much more at this tiny scale than the original big one.

The Rearing Andalusian but not in a colour any pure Iberian breed can be, so he'd make a good Spanish Mustang instead.

This one's lovely, chestnut might be a very ordinary colour but the shading here is very effective and suits the mould very well. This mould hasn't been sold outside those 70th Anniversary blind bags before, either.

And finally, a new addition to the regular run range - we had the braided, docked-tail version of this mould in the 70th Anniversary blind bags, but we've never had the loose-maned, full-tailed version. The colour's great, with a lot of shading done by varying the thickness of application for the brown paint.

There are a few other things, colourful decorators at all three scales, ornaments and novelties, christmas and halloween models, and some more kiddie-orientated cartoony horses with brushable manes. They're not really in the scope of this forum about realistic figures so I've not bothered to include them, but they're all here if you'd like a look.

Last edited by George on Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
https://harecrofthorses.blogspot.com/
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 8:44 pm

Thanks for the info George.Some interesting models for me to decide to add to my wishlist!!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 9:37 pm

Honestly, I find the assortment for this year absolutely exciting.
I am sure that beautiful Fjord will be a big star and become an iconic model.
Contrarily to you I like the Arabian, it is very attractive, it is also very adjusted to the current horse collector taste without ridiculing the breed.
The wild foal is very nice, it is like it is completing the movement of the Southlands Brumby foal.
I'm sure Roger will love some of those Stablemates too. Shire is really nice in a vanner style.
Maybe I don't like too much that Pinto Morgan Laughing but I could mention many others I really enjoy.
It is a privilege to have you presenting these models on forum. You can even grab the atention of a non Breyer collector as I am. Very Happy

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 9:38 pm

Thank you for posting this! I am really tempted by some of the nice looking models! Might be an expensive year... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alexcollection

Country/State : Sverige

PostSubject: Amazing RR's   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 12:21 am

The fjord is a must for me and the mare and foal set. I also hope to find the other mare and foal set, Mariposa and Flor, that will only be sold by the flagship dealers. Holiday horse looks awesome too. This will cost a lot :-O.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 12:24 am

Alexcollection wrote:
The fjord is a must for me and the mare and foal set. I also hope to find the other mare and foal set, Mariposa and Flor, that will only be sold by the flagship dealers. Holiday horse looks awesome too. This will cost a lot :-O.

Welcome on forum, Alex.
I hope you enjoy here. Very Happy

Katarzyna

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 1:19 am

I need this Fjord mare and Quarter Horse mare with foal! bounce I was waiting for these moulds to be realized as RR impatiently. And a few Classic and Stablemate horses looks quite nice for me.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 2:38 am

The fjord is going to be my new traditional for the year, like so many people I was so excited to see her turn up so soon. cheers Had a feeling they were going to release the yellow dun in the regular run, which is great. I've been wondering how she scales with Henry, as I haven't seen any comparison shots yet myself. Henry looks like the fjords I know personally, but I won't mind having the sportier variety in the collection as well.

Thanks for taking the time to put up this thread!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 3:41 am

Thank you for sharing these! The fjord I think is my favorite of the larger size, several of the stablemates will likely come home. That clydesdale though is stunning!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 5:38 pm

Thanks a lot for keeping us up-to-date, George. I am looking forward to the Stablemate Shire horse, it has great colours. Perhaps I'll get the Quarter horse too, as I prefer the new colours over the "golden" version I currently have. I am surprised you don't like the Ideal Appaloosa. It's my favourite from the larger models, but then, I am not a horse expert, so there may well be something not quite right about it.

What is the best strategy for buying the new Stablemates? Wait until they arrive in a shop in the UK, buy them abroad like at MPV or even pre-order them there? I want to make sure I don't miss out, but at the same time, I don't want to spend more than necessary on postage. I am still waiting for last year's Stablemates Mystery Surprise 4 to come to the UK or somewhere else in Europe. When will Breyer start selling them abroad?
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 5:41 pm

Anyway to save the images (one per horse)? I would like to add them to ATF 'New for 2023' (unless someone else would like to)
thanks
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 5:53 pm

Jill wrote:
The fjord is going to be my new traditional for the year, like so many people I was so excited to see her turn up so soon. cheers Had a feeling they were going to release the yellow dun in the regular run, which is great. I've been wondering how she scales with Henry, as I haven't seen any comparison shots yet myself. Henry looks like the fjords I know personally, but I won't mind having the sportier variety in the collection as well.

I found this photo (not mine) as size comparison.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 6:43 pm

Alexcollection wrote:

Welcome here

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyFri Jan 06, 2023 1:35 am

Shanti wrote:
Jill wrote:

I found this photo (not mine) as size comparison.
Thank you! She is much smaller than I thought, for some reason. I'm glad she scales to him well! :)
Back to top Go down
Jetty

Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyFri Jan 06, 2023 6:43 pm

Well i just pre-orderd the Fjord, i dont collect much more these days but once in a while there is a model coming that just raises my heartbeat. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyThu Feb 09, 2023 12:26 am

Oooo that pinto classic is gorgeous! I don't usually go for larger models, but this one might be an exception...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGmpQ1jSAGOKIAO2OggjmMA
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyThu Feb 09, 2023 3:56 am

that was quite dangerous, when I clicked on the link you gave George - and then I went to the collections page, and goodness me! so many products they produce!

Just as well I am not a Breyer collector, ha ha, otherwise I would have been tempted to spend a fortune there!
They are even selling collectA  dinosaurs and animals on their website too!
Plus they have blankets, plushes, bags and ornaments. I think they have every corner of the market covered with Breyer products Very Happy

I love this bag, and I love the movement of the fjord. I think it is the first time ever I have seen a fjord model with movement. I noticed on the collections page that there is also a black/grey fjord model too.

The RD Arabian is very pretty, and I know you don't love the long legs, but this model really appeals to me. I even watched a video of the real horse - such a stunner! It looks like there is absolutely No hair on the lower face area - over the nose and around the eyes?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyMon May 15, 2023 10:56 pm

Some unfortunate news for UK Breyer collectors - we won't be getting any of the 2023 releases (or, in fact, any more stock of the other current models from recent years).
I've heard this news announced by several retailers over the last few days - the company who used to import and distribute them to the various stockists has been bought out, and either dropped the Breyer brand on purpose, or had disagreements with Breyer the company. No reason has been given, but either way, Breyer will not be sending any stock to the UK at this point. And until they find another distributor, we won't be able to buy any new models in this country - only what older stock the shops already had in hand.

Collectors are going to have to order in from overseas, or wait and hope the brand comes back to our shores eventually - by which point, some models may no longer be in production, so we could miss out entirely Sad

Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyTue May 16, 2023 1:36 am

Oh that's awful news!! I hope they can find a good way to get them there in the future, that's a big market to just screw over. Sad So sorry George (and all other Breyer collectors over the pond)! If there's any way we American buyers can help get you want you want, please let us know!
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyTue May 16, 2023 4:58 am

As much as I can, I'd be happy to help you and anyone else get ahold of wanted pieces.

Anna, the show exhibitors shave some hair off their horses' faces, and use baby oil/Skin So Soft around the muzzle and eyes to enhance that hairless look around the muzzle and eyes. I don't know why, they like the look.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyMon May 29, 2023 6:02 pm

No new developments as yet, just a lot of sellers who are as sad as the collectors. Most of them ARE collectors - the sellers tend to be hobbyists who've taken it on as their business. Because Breyer models aren't stocked in many physical shops over here, UK collectors have always bought mail-order (or from those same sellers having trade stands at shows), and many of us have got to know the people we buy from - they're usually one-person operations, often run from home, so they can't just sell other stuff to make up for it, like the big toy shops or chain stores where you see Breyer being sold over there. It's going to be tough financially for anyone who relied on selling models as their main income, unless a new importer takes the brand on.
And we don't know how hard Breyer are working to make that happen - they could be trying every option to get themselves back on the UK market as soon as possible, doing the hard-sell to every distributor they can contact, OR we could be such a small splash in the income compared to Breyerfest and club specials that they have better things to think about right now and don't really care. Or it could be somewhere in between, on their to-do list but not a priority.

I've decided not to risk missing out on the most must-have model from this year's releases, and have ordered the Fjord from a seller in Germany instead. Along with some of the new Stablemates incase they end up never making it here, and I added some WIA models too, just cos there was a parcel coming anyway so it may as well be a full one!

I thank you both for the offer of buying Breyers in the US and shipping them over, but unfortunately you're one country which our government's import customs department seem to penalise most heavily - they charge us a big handling fee, and a percentage of the value of the parcel, so by the time you add the shipping cost, it would cost me over $125 for us to co-operate on getting me a single Traditional scale horse! From Germany, I just paid a little over £35 for the one horse, and £5 postage for the entire parcel, so although it's lovely of you to offer, you can see why I'd rather buy from a stranger in a country my government have a nice trade deal with!

sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases EmptyMon May 29, 2023 7:03 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
As much as I can, I'd be happy to help you and anyone else get ahold of wanted pieces.

Anna, the show exhibitors shave some hair off their horses' faces, and use baby oil/Skin So Soft around the muzzle and eyes to enhance that hairless look around the muzzle and eyes. I don't know why, they like the look.

Goodness me! shaving their hair off and applying baby oil scratch cyclops Shocked
what a world we live in?? (well it's not part of my world actually haha)
maybe humans should just stick to doing that to themselves tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2023 releases   Breyer 2023 releases Empty

Back to top Go down

Breyer 2023 releases
Page 1 of 1