Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World's Famous Dogs, asking information and pictures for TAW

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

World's Famous Dogs, asking information and pictures for TAW  Empty
PostSubject: World's Famous Dogs, asking information and pictures for TAW    World's Famous Dogs, asking information and pictures for TAW  EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 2:38 pm

A few days ago, I decided to open a gallery on TAW for the most beautiful series of cheap dogs. The New-Ray USA My Best Friends.
While showing it to a dog collector, he noticed a few mistakes. Two of the figures were showing twice under different breeds and I removed them.
Though, what brings me here is that he found two of the dogs were not even part of the series.
Namely a Bulldog and a sitting German Shepherd.
I remember seeing these dogs sold locally in sets like those of Happy Kin Toys. Anasta also show some of them on forum as Happy Kin Toys and our friend [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] tells they are Nayab from a series called "World's Famous Dogs".
I have in mind this name and I moved them to Nayab though I can't find them on Nayab website. It is good to recall that some Happy Kin Toys were repainted Nayab models.
So, if you have more information to provide and especially pictures from other dogs of this series, please share on this topic and I'd be glad of updating the information on TAW.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: World's Famous Dogs, asking information and pictures for TAW    World's Famous Dogs, asking information and pictures for TAW  EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 12:19 am

I really really hope that someone might have more photos and we can come a bit closer to solving the mystery of these Nayab dogs! sunny cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: World's Famous Dogs, asking information and pictures for TAW    World's Famous Dogs, asking information and pictures for TAW  EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 1:16 am

Thanks Lilias, here is the back of the set with a Lontic Co branded stamp. Lontic was one of the many brands using Nayab or similar China manufacturing figures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This picture belongs to this sale.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: World's Famous Dogs, asking information and pictures for TAW    World's Famous Dogs, asking information and pictures for TAW  EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 3:03 am

There's the 'deer dog' I've had pop up a couple times in my thrift shop lots! Too bad I've never found the shepherd. Tempting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World's Famous Dogs, asking information and pictures for TAW    World's Famous Dogs, asking information and pictures for TAW  Empty

Back to top Go down

World's Famous Dogs, asking information and pictures for TAW
Page 1 of 1