Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tng Stegodon 1:35

Go down 
+5
jarda
Kikimalou
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
aaronscoolest
9 posters
AuthorMessage
aaronscoolest

Country/State : Canada

Tng Stegodon 1:35 Empty
PostSubject: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2023 6:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
aaronscoolest

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2023 6:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2023 9:10 pm

Simply gorgeous elephant model. Congratulations!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptySat Jan 28, 2023 5:31 am

Very good figure? What is the material? And is TNG the brand?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptySat Jan 28, 2023 9:04 am

Thank you for sharing cheers

So what about the quality of this new brand ? Watching your pics it seems fine enough to live with the Eofauna herd isn't it ?

Yes Andreas it is a new brand Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptySat Jan 28, 2023 12:16 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

So what about the quality of this new brand ? Watching your pics it seems fine enough to live with the Eofauna herd isn't it ?

Thank you, only for prehistoric figures?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptySat Jan 28, 2023 1:14 pm

widukind wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Thank you, only for prehistoric figures?

Yes but who knows?
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 4:49 am

Congratulations, and really excellent addition! I'm really happy to see new companies rising in China to replace the disappearing "western" companies and producing their own high quality figures. Although I'm not into prehistoric fauna, I couldn't resist buying a smilodon figure. I can highly recommend it, absolutely top quality in terms of material and painting, and for that particular figure, a very original pose. TNG is like CollectA on steroids :)

Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 7:25 am

How does one purchase such beautiful Smilodon??
New brand for me, thank you for sharing!!

jarda

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:39 am

NightLioness wrote:
How does one purchase such beautiful Smilodon??
New brand for me, thank you for sharing!!

For example here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 9:13 am

Wonderful model,congrats!!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 10:23 am

jarda wrote:
Congratulations, and really excellent addition! I'm really happy to see new companies rising in China to replace the disappearing "western" companies and producing their own high quality figures. Although I'm not into prehistoric fauna, I couldn't resist buying a smilodon figure. I can highly recommend it, absolutely top quality in terms of material and painting, and for that particular figure, a very original pose. TNG is like CollectA on steroids :)

The appearance of these new brands is certainly very good news but sincerely Jarda, I sometimes have trouble following your reasoning.
I do not see how the "Western" brands would be disappearing before our eyes and I see even less why these new Chinese brands would be intended to replace them.
For me, whether it's PNSO, GRtoys or TNG, their productions are aimed at an audience of collectors who can't afford resin models. Schleich, Papo, CollectA or Safari Ltd produce "quality" toys for children.

The very nice smilodon that you show us is sold for twice as much as a CollectA.
The others have somewhat similar prices, however the Elasmotherium is very beautiful but not to the point of surpassing the CollectA, both have their + and their - .
I would say the same for the Megacerops.
I love the Mammoth but it's also not "a big leap forward" from the latest Mojo, Kinto or old Carnegie.
The big good news is this Stegodon which is a copy of a much more expensive Chinese resin model.
As for steroids, CollectA showed much more "courage" and "muscles" by producing an impressive number of species never or very little produced. I sincerely hope that TNG will follow the same path but it is not yet the case today.

The Chinese company that really dares is PNSO, but we are no longer in the same price category.
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 11:32 am

Kikimalou wrote:
jarda wrote:

The appearance of these new brands is certainly very good news but sincerely Jarda, I sometimes have trouble following your reasoning.
I do not see how the "Western" brands would be disappearing before our eyes and I see even less why these new Chinese brands would be intended to replace them.
For me, whether it's PNSO, GRtoys or TNG, their productions are aimed at an audience of collectors who can't afford resin models. Schleich, Papo, CollectA or Safari Ltd produce "quality" toys for children.

The very nice smilodon that you show us is sold for twice as much as a CollectA.
The others have somewhat similar prices, however the Elasmotherium is very beautiful but not to the point of surpassing the CollectA, both have their + and their - .
I would say the same for the Megacerops.
I love the Mammoth but it's also not "a big leap forward" from the latest Mojo, Kinto or old Carnegie.
The big good news is this Stegodon which is a copy of a much more expensive Chinese resin model.
As for steroids, CollectA showed much more "courage" and "muscles" by producing an impressive number of species never or very little produced. I sincerely hope that TNG will follow the same path but it is not yet the case today.

The Chinese company that really dares is PNSO, but we are no longer in the same price category.

Kiki, I don't want to be unnecessarily controversial, but the things that are connected with political developments in the world are obvious and affect our collector sphere as well. People living in Western countries cannot ignore the rising inflation, the rising price of everything including postage, new administrative obstructions to importing from abroad, etc. The situation affects not only us collectors, but also manufacturers if they are (at least formally) based in the West (even though they actually manufacture in China, for example). Kiki, can't you see how western companies are disappearing from the market? How about Bullyland (sale just before the crash) or Southland Replicas (crash)? What about Safari Ltd. who have not only reduced the scope of year-on-year innovation, but not even all 2022 products are on sale today? Brave CollectA? Yes, but that was a long time ago. Where is CollectA, the former leader, today? Of its 2022 year's innovations, only the elephant and the bison are interesting to me, of 2023 year's, maybe the pangolin and the llama... For comparison, open an 8, 10 or 12 year old catalogue.

On the other hand, I've discovered Chinese brands like PNSO, TNG or Naturalism. I know my view is subjective, but since I don't collect resin figures and prefer realistic looking replicas, I can see the situation is improving in terms of quality (!= quantity). If you impartially compare, for example, a harpy (Naturalism vs. Schleich or Safari), a warthog (PNSO vs. Schleich, Papo or Safari) or just a smilodon (TNG vs. Papo), it's obvious.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 12:10 pm

A nice cat Wink

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 1:06 pm

Jaromir, I see very well, like everyone on the planet, that world affairs are going badly and that they are affecting our daily lives. I am also aware that the "western countries" are still less affected than many other parts of the world. What is obvious to me is that it's hard here but I know it's worse elsewhere and that doesn't console me.
The rise in inflation, the rise in prices for everything including shipping costs, the new administrative barriers to imports do not only affect "Western" companies, they affect global world trade.
Bullyland has not disappeared, the company has refocused on its main activity, the sale of licensed products like Disney.
Southland Replicas was never a "Major" but a collector friend's attempt to produce something new. It had nothing to do with companies like Schleich, Papo or CollectA.
Safari Ltd not doing well? Certainly and I hope it gets better soon. But in no case it is because the displays of US toy shops are invaded by Animal toys Chinese brands, that would be known.
It's the same here and I can assure you that there is a lot of Bullyland Shop displays in France, without animals...
Yes, brave CollectA, brave Mojo who produced real innovations in the 2010 decade.
Brave Papo who did the same thing in the second half of the 2000s. Brave Papo who continues to serve us little gems every year.
Even if the productions slow down, who today has a catalog as extensive as CollectA or Safari Ltd? No one.
If there are only two interesting CollectAs for you in 2022, it is above all a matter of taste, which I totally respect. I bought three CollectA 2022 and not a single elephant. I might buy a fourth one and it won't have tusks.
For the year 2023, I plan to buy the Stegouros, the Boto, the Koolasuchus, the Angelkshark and the Shastasaurus. If I can I will also welcome the Right whale, the Goblin shark (the best model IMHO except the "My favorite Animal" expensive one), the Jersey cow, the Pangolin and the Honeypot ant.
What seems like a sad year to you isn't so bad to me.
CollectA is turning more and more towards the horses market, especially since its deal with Breyer, it's too bad for Wild animals collectors but that doesn't mean the company is disappearing.
I think I have one of the most eclectic collections I know and I too am very happy to see all these new brands coming out, wherever they come from.
I bought my first BIG PNSOs at the end of 2020 after coming out of an ICU and the dinosaurs I bought then were a wonderful (but expensive) gift from life. It was necessary to celebrate the event regardless of the expense.
Since PNSO has continued to offer us wonderful expensive prehistoric animals in 2021 and 2022. On the other hand, for wild animals even Bullyland has done better.
In 2020, I also enthusiastically welcomed some very nice models from the VITAE brand. And since ? In 2021, not much and nothing in 2022.
I hope Naturalism and TNG will provide us vey good models in the 2020 decade but we still don't know.
I agree the Naturalism Harpy eagle looks probably like my favorite one even if mine is still in China, for now my only other one is Japanese.
For the Warthogs, I have all of them in hands and I like all of them but if I were to make a list of the best Warthog of the 2020s, the Safari Ltd and the Mojo would probably fight for the top spot, leaving the PNSO far behind. It's obvious for me.

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 3:15 pm

Oh, that's a beautiful smilodon!  cheers  cyclops  Applause  Could you please send a comparison with any major brands smilodon? If it is not oversized (compared to Papo and Collecta smilodons), I would buy it. Thanks!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 3:33 pm

I really like the Stegodon and it is at the same scale as the Eofauna models.
It is also in a similar price range although the hsop linked here has Eofauna being sold much more expensive! Shocked

jarda

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 3:37 pm

Saien wrote:
Oh, that's a beautiful smilodon!  cheers  cyclops  Applause  Could you please send a comparison with any major brands smilodon? If it is not oversized (compared to Papo and Collecta smilodons), I would buy it. Thanks!

Andreo, bohužel smilodona od Collecty ani Papa nemám, ale výrobce uvádí tyto rozměry: "Size: 4.3'' L(110MM) X 2'' W(50MM) X 3.1'' H(80MM)". Pokud Ti to pomůže, mohu jej vyfotit se lvem od Schleichu... (zítra)
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 3:49 pm

jarda wrote:
Saien wrote:

Andreo, bohužel smilodona od Collecty ani Papa nemám, ale výrobce uvádí tyto rozměry: "Size: 4.3'' L(110MM) X 2'' W(50MM) X 3.1'' H(80MM)". Pokud Ti to pomůže, mohu jej vyfotit se lvem od Schleichu... (zítra)

Ďakujem Jarda! Skúsim porovnať rozmery s mojimi smilodonmi, ale keby si bol taký láskavý, na tú fotku s levom od Schleich by som sa rada pozrela. Kúpil si krásny model so zaujímavou pózou. Som rada, že občas aj menej známi výrobcovia prihodia na trh takéto chuťovky Wink

Saien

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 3:53 pm

Roger wrote:
I really like the Stegodon and it is at the same scale as the Eofauna models.
It is also in a similar price range although the hsop linked here has Eofauna being sold much more expensive! Shocked

Thank you for the info Roger!

jarda

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2023 12:39 am

For size comparison with Schleich lion:

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2023 7:25 am

Very useful pictures. The good side of these Chinese manufacturers is that they put these great sculpts at an affordable price range. Resin versions are prohibitive. I'm tempted about the Stegodon as long as it works nicely with the Eofauna models.

Saien

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2023 10:51 am

Jarda thank you very much for the comparison!  cheers  I love you I think he will fit very well with my "major brand" smilodons, which are bigger than the Schleich lion. I'm going to order it right away sunny

About the Stegodon - it is an amazing model and it´s on my wishlist too. Congrats to aaronscoolest! cheers Applause Applause

PostSubject: Re: Tng Stegodon 1:35   Tng Stegodon 1:35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tng Stegodon 1:35
Page 1 of 1