Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll

Go down 
+7
endogenylove
lucky luke
Bonnie
Caracal
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Roger
11 posters

Which one you like most?
Bald eagle
Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Vote_lcap8%Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Black-and-white hawk eagle
Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Vote_lcap13%Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Harpy eagle
Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Vote_lcap25%Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Vote_rcap
 25% [ 6 ]
Ornate hawk eagle
Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Vote_lcap13%Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Philippine eagle
Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Vote_lcap41%Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Vote_rcap
 41% [ 10 ]
Steller's sea eagle
Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Vote_lcap0%Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 24

+20
costicuba
donny ong
George
widukind
sealman72
jarda
Fossa
Sander46
Joliezac
TAKIN
endogenylove
bmathison1972
sunny
Farm collector
aaronaardvark
Ana
Roger
Virtem
lucky luke
Bonnie
24 posters
Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Empty
PostSubject: Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll   Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll EmptyMon 13 Feb 2023, 15:14

As this 2022 Naturalism raptors set is very popular among us and it got forgotten among the 2022 Wildlife releases, I'm doing a little poll to rescue one of them to the main category poll (2nd stage) if needed.
Choose your favorite! This poll will run for 5 days.

Bald eagle
Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Dsc_1817

Black-and-white hawk eagle
Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Dsc_1826

Harpy eagle
Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Dsc_1794

Ornate hawk eagle
Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Dsc_1821

Philippine eagle
Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Dsc_1806

Steller's sea eagle
Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Dsc_1833

Pictures belong to Jolie! Very Happy

Last edited by Roger on Sun 19 Feb 2023, 00:43; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll   Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll EmptyMon 13 Feb 2023, 17:25

I have a absolutly favourite (as a specie collector) but i think the best look have the Harpy eagle.

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll   Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll EmptyMon 13 Feb 2023, 18:59

Oh this is a hard one... Each one is super in detailing, posture, some even species. Surprisingly, for myself at least, I have to go with the Bald Eagle. Its pose is so natural and I have seen it so many times... though each one of these is superb for sure!

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll   Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll EmptyMon 13 Feb 2023, 19:00

widukind wrote:
I have a absolutly favourite (as a specie collector) but i think the best look have the Harpy eagle.

I know, your favorite is the black and white eagle since it is unique in toy shape. Each collector uses his own criteria to vote and being an unusual species is as valid as any other. I think these figures are all very similar in quality. All clearly from the same artist. As sculpts, those crested ones are more challenging. It is fun to find a reason to vote in a single one.
I know the walking ones are not appreciated due to their pose and the bald eagle is the commonest eagle species in this hobby so a double disadvantage for the bald one. Laughing
I think it is a question of hairstyles. Laughing

Edit: Oh, Paige love bald ones, I didn't know. Wink

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll   Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll EmptyMon 13 Feb 2023, 19:14

Philippine eagle for me! :)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll   Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll EmptyMon 13 Feb 2023, 20:45

I am the same as Alain, I think my vote goes to the beautiful Philippine eagle! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll   Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll EmptyMon 13 Feb 2023, 21:00

Philippine eagle bounce
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll   Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll EmptyMon 13 Feb 2023, 22:00

Roger wrote:

Ha! Maybe its because it is my national symbol or something... I dunno, I do LOVE them all, don't get me wrong. But for some reason seeing that baldie in the walk of a bird trying to intimidate and ward off wolves or coyotes or ravens from a kill so it can snag a piece of it really speaks to my enthusiasm for this set. Very Happy

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll   Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll EmptyMon 13 Feb 2023, 23:19

I went for the black and white hawk eagle specifically because it’s an entirely new species to toy form, but there truly is no wrong answer here! They’re all amazing works of art.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll   Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll EmptyTue 14 Feb 2023, 00:23

It's so hard to choose, these raptors are gorgeous, especially in person. Although the harpy eagle is my favorite species of bird ...

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll   Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll EmptyTue 14 Feb 2023, 12:08

I wished this little poll was more participated but I enjoy reading the motivations behind each choice because in terms of quality these figures do not show big difference among them.
That's not my personal vote but maybe the Philippine eagle is the most striking sculpt. It seems the fight will be between this model and the harpy. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll   Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll EmptyTue 14 Feb 2023, 13:05

Hello, I take advantage of a moment of respite to tell you that, for me, all these models can participate in the contest. why choose just one? The bald eagle can compete in the Woodland category and the others in the Wildlife category. And may the best win !
I take this opportunity to tell you that I was able to leave the hospital and that my life is not in danger. We feared a stroke or a brain tumor, I only have a paralysis of the facial nerve which handicaps me for the moment but I am under treatment. I'm not sure I'll participate much these days because the light tires me and hurts me, which makes reading a book or a screen extremely difficult at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Virtem

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll   Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll EmptyTue 14 Feb 2023, 17:14

I totally agree on having all the eagles in the final poll.
Someone said we cannot include all, but all CollectAs, all Safaris, all Papos, etc are there...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll   Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll EmptyTue 14 Feb 2023, 17:16

Christophe, first of all I'm glad you're recovering.
I'd contact you before opening this poll if you were not  in the hospital. I even considered to open one for the NTC Australian set but contrarily to these eagles, it seems not many people have them yet.
It has not a binding outcome, though, as we forgot to include these during the preliminar choices and the most part of the votes are during the first two days and often people only vote what is listed, these eagles would have any chance if they were included later on it. So, I decided to open this "extra" poll to rescue at least one of them to the next stage.I don't think it is a good idea to include them all since people will split the votes among them while it has much bigger chances of performing well if we use a single one and only one can win.
I know the bald eagle is supposedly a woodland figure and maybe we could join the winner to the wildlife poll and the bald eagle to the woodland regardless of the performance. Idea

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll   Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll EmptyTue 14 Feb 2023, 23:59

Kikimalou wrote:
Hello, I take advantage of a moment of respite to tell you that, for me, all these models can participate in the contest. why choose just one? The bald eagle can compete in the Woodland category and the others in the Wildlife category. And may the best win !
I take this opportunity to tell you that I was able to leave the hospital and that my life is not in danger. We feared a stroke or a brain tumor, I only have a paralysis of the facial nerve which handicaps me for the moment but I am under treatment. I'm not sure I'll participate much these days because the light tires me and hurts me, which makes reading a book or a screen extremely difficult at the moment.

oh goodness, I am glad to hear that you are out of the hospital and it was not as serious as you may have thought Christophe! that is a blessing!
wishing you a calm peaceful recovery to perfect health!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll   Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll EmptyWed 15 Feb 2023, 13:15

I only want to clear up that this poll is not to choose one of the figures to the preliminar choices of the Wildlife category.
Naturally all of them should have participated if we had not forgotten to include them on it.
The idea is to rescue one of these figures to join the top 10 which will result from the preliminar choices for Wildlife category poll that will start on Saturday 18th and determine the STS 2022 Wildlife figure of the year.
Subsequently, the winner of the category will get to the grand final poll and this is just a way to give a chance to these popular figures.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll   Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll EmptyFri 17 Feb 2023, 16:58

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:

I know, your favorite is the black and white eagle since it is unique in toy shape. Each collector uses his own criteria to vote and being an unusual species is as valid as any other. I think these figures are all very similar in quality. All clearly from the same artist. As sculpts, those crested ones are more challenging. It is fun to find a reason to vote in a single one.
I know the walking ones are not appreciated due to their pose and the bald eagle is the commonest eagle species in this hobby so a double disadvantage for the bald one. Laughing
I think it is a question of hairstyles. Laughing

You are absolutely right

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll   Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll EmptyFri 17 Feb 2023, 18:19

This poll is ending in 6 hours contrariily to what is announced on it. So, if you want to vote your change your choice you still have some time to do it now.
Who voted the bald eagle can change the vote because it wiill enter the Woodland category poll regardless of the results. From the other 5 models, only the winner will join the Wildlife category poll. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll   Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll EmptySat 18 Feb 2023, 00:02

Winner is the Philippine Eagle which will join the poll for the 2022 Wildlife figure of the year! Thanks to everyone who voted.
The bald eagle will be included into the Woodland category.

Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Naturalism-philippine-eagle-jolie1

PostSubject: Re: Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll   Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll Empty

Back to top Go down

Choose a Naturalism Eagle to enter the 2022 Wildlife Poll
Page 1 of 1