Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+5
bmathison1972
Stripedhyena
widukind
Ana
Kikimalou
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun May 21, 2023 6:54 pm

Announced for 2020, it wasn’t until the summer of 2022 that Ikimon finally released its Australian set and it took me months to get these five figures to my lair.
What can I say? This set is part of the Nature TechniColour collection initiated by Kitan Club and taken over by ikimon.
Yet it doesn't have the same characteristics, no "imitation wood" base and no need to assemble a model delivered in several pieces.
In fact, the quality, the material used and the style remind me a lot of the "Nature of Japan" series produced by Kitan Club from 2013 to 2015.
As far as the choice of species is concerned, Ikimon has done the now classic: a Koala, a Tasmanian Devil, a Red Kangaroo, a Platypus and a Common Wombat.
Apart from the special pose of the Wombat, nothing very original and synoptic collectors will not get their money's worth, very good representations of the five animals have been available for some years.
But for crazy macaques and other barbarians, this set is a real pleasure and can embellish some displays.

Enough talk, it's time to offer you some pictures
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun May 21, 2023 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun May 21, 2023 6:55 pm

First the Coarse-haired wombat ! scale between 1/16 and 1/20. Exceptionnal individuals can reach the 1/26 scale

With the CollectA mother

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun May 21, 2023 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun May 21, 2023 6:56 pm

The Koala, scale between 1/13.5 and 1/18.9

With the Southlands Replicas

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun May 21, 2023 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun May 21, 2023 6:57 pm

The Platypus, scale between 1/6.6 and 1/11.3

With the Southland Replicas lady

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun May 21, 2023 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun May 21, 2023 6:59 pm

The Red kangaroo, scale between 1/21.7 and 1/26.7

With teh Mojo Fun bull

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun May 21, 2023 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun May 21, 2023 7:00 pm

At last the Tasmanian devil, scale around 1/16

With teh CollectA
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun May 21, 2023 7:52 pm

Oooh, I love them. The wombat is my favorite! Very Happy Fantastic set, Christophe. Thank you for sharing!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun May 21, 2023 8:11 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun May 21, 2023 8:21 pm

Nice shooting, as always!
I have to admit that when I held the purchased figures in my hand, I was a bit disappointed. And, oddly enough, I find the pose of the wombat more disturbing than anything else, I don't share the generalized liking for this particular figure....
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun May 21, 2023 9:11 pm

none of these pictures are showing up for me, just links to Photbucket. A lot of your posts lately are like that. Am I doing something wrong?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun May 21, 2023 10:58 pm

Thank you Anna, Andreas and Ricardo.

Well Ricardo, collecting is always a love affair I think, I like this wombat because it is the only one I know who is doing something else than to be a wombat Laughing
I really appreciate the quality of the whole series, each model has, in spite of its small size, a level of finish as good as the much appreciated larger models.

Blaine, I don't know what to say, is it just my photos? What surprises me is that none of them are hosted at photobucket.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon May 22, 2023 2:14 am

what a very nice set and excellent photos as well by the way Christophe!
I really love the koala the most - I painted a picture of a koala nearly like this, from a photo I took of one in Sydney. The roo is beautiful as well. I love the detailing and the shape.
These would be superb at 1/32nd scale :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon May 22, 2023 3:49 am

These are all simply gorgeous... splendid presentation! 
All of your photos show for me... scratch

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon May 22, 2023 8:24 am

Glad you like them Paige and Annette Very Happy
Indeed Annette they would be nice at 1/32 but much more tiny alas !

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon May 22, 2023 12:36 pm

I think this set was a tribute to the millions of Australian animals devastated during the huge fires in Australia in 2019.Just after it a world pandemy and at least this fantastic set was released.
I really like them so much and it is delightful to see each of them with your perfect pictures.
You're not a synoptic collector, you collect what you like and there isn't anything to dislike in these models.
It is a fact that lots of excellent Australian animal figures have been released lately but these designs are completely different, it is not only the wombat with its pose which has its own identity, all other figures have a unique design. Look how the koala is radically different when compared to the Southlands. I know the wombat is the front man of the band but the Tasmanian devil is an impressive backing vocalist. cheers

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon May 22, 2023 10:25 pm

Thanks for sharing, nice set. Applause Applause

This wombat has a very rare pose.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue May 23, 2023 9:41 pm

I'm glad you like them Rogério and Fernando Very Happy

I had completely forgotten why this set was originally created, a sad reality that Covid had managed to supplant in my memory
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

Ikimon NTC 400 Australia: a walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1