Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Papo Hare and Grizzly Bear

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Papo Hare and Grizzly Bear  Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Papo Hare and Grizzly Bear    Collection Review: Papo Hare and Grizzly Bear  EmptySat Jun 03, 2023 5:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hi guys, for my first animal figure review, I'll be looking at both Papo figurines, the Grizzly Bear (Reference 50153) and the Standing Hare (Reference 50202)
Both figures are from the 'Wild Animal Kingdom' collection from Papo.
I'll look at the bear first.

Figure Name: Papo Grizzly Bear (Reference 50153)
Sex: Female
Name: Valda
Year Made: Pre 2017???
Observations/Thoughts: I named her Valda, because as I don't have a Eurasian Brown Bear yet, she can be the stand in for one for now. I imagine her in the Siberian wilderness somewhere. Quiet, brave and formidable. What I love about her sculpt is her shape in general, the way shes standing up on her hind legs as real bears do, and each claw is visible and terrifying! Her fur details are also great.
Rating: 5/5

Next, I'll look at the Standing Hare (Reference 50202)
Figure Name: Papo Standing Hare (Reference 50202)
Sex: Male
Name: Leverett
Year Made: ???
Observations/Thoughts: This is a great little figure, so small and sweet, and again, like Valda the bear, I adore the fact he's standing upright too, that's why I decided to review both together as I don't have many reared up/standing upright animals. This little guy is very cute, he's got great golden eyes and a lovely little pink blush on the inside of those long ears, so really, not much to dislike about him! I called him Leverett because he seems very...Anglified? Like he should be out in an English country manor somewhere, surveying the pastoral landscape.
Rating: 4/5
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Papo Hare and Grizzly Bear    Collection Review: Papo Hare and Grizzly Bear  EmptySat Jun 03, 2023 11:14 pm

It is great that you're reviewing these figures. Sometimes we are so focused in new models that we forget a little about these great ones.
I have both and I like them a lot. You can find the years marked on them or through our Toy Animal Wiki. study
Papo marketed the bear as a grizzly, so it is supposed to be an American one but sure you can use it as any subspecies of brown bear of your preference. It is a 2013 model. The hare is a 2016 one and I really like its stance. I also have the Arctic hare, it's a little but nice model too.

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Papo Hare and Grizzly Bear    Collection Review: Papo Hare and Grizzly Bear  EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 7:51 am

Yes, I agree Roger! I'm all for the new ones, but really, whatevers in my collection I like to pull out, have a look at and do a review. Someone else might not have seen them very often after all...
And as for dating them, that's great to know, I'll jot it down in my notes going with them! 👍
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Papo Hare and Grizzly Bear    Collection Review: Papo Hare and Grizzly Bear  EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 10:34 am

Nice figures too

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Papo Hare and Grizzly Bear    Collection Review: Papo Hare and Grizzly Bear  EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 10:51 am

Hi Widukind, and yes, they are! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Papo Hare and Grizzly Bear    Collection Review: Papo Hare and Grizzly Bear  Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Papo Hare and Grizzly Bear
Page 1 of 1