Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: CollectA Jacob Sheep and Himalayan Tahr

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: CollectA Jacob Sheep and Himalayan Tahr Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: CollectA Jacob Sheep and Himalayan Tahr   Collection Review: CollectA Jacob Sheep and Himalayan Tahr EmptySun Jun 11, 2023 11:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Figure Brand(s):  CollectA
Figure Name(s): Jacob Sheep 88728 & Himalayan Tahr 88758
Sex: Males
Name:  Jacob Sheep- Cornelius (Spotted One- Latin)

Tahr- Arius - Named him that because it's a name that sounds like one who lives in elevated places, near the clouds maybe?

Year Made: Jacob Sheep- 2015
                Tahr- 2016
Observations/Thoughts: Gorgeous sculpts from CollectA, they really do fantastic little figurines. I love both of these, except Cornelius (Jacob Sheep) is definitely my favorite. I think it’s his wonderful double horns(these sheep really are unusual because of that) and his muted colors from grey to brown etc. and the fact he looks like he has such a thick woolly coat sculpted on his model. I also love the slightly downward facing pose, he looks as though he’s up on a ledge staring over it, and such slender legs too! I called him Cornelius, because apparently in Latin it means Spotted one, which is appropriate for his speckled wool.
Arius (Tahr) is another great little model of quiet an unusual animal, you don’t see many of these alpine sheep type creatures anyway, so having a tahr model is very nice. I love the stubby little horns he’s got and the thick luxurious mane. These guys also have lovely coloration, in that the mane is lighter than his body- beige to creamy brown. The rest of his body is darker grey/brown, piles of thick coat is also very well detailed.
Rating: Jacob Sheep- 5/5
           Tahr- 5/5
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA Jacob Sheep and Himalayan Tahr   Collection Review: CollectA Jacob Sheep and Himalayan Tahr EmptySun Jun 11, 2023 2:26 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA Jacob Sheep and Himalayan Tahr   Collection Review: CollectA Jacob Sheep and Himalayan Tahr EmptySun Jun 11, 2023 2:29 pm

Thanks Widukind! :)
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA Jacob Sheep and Himalayan Tahr   Collection Review: CollectA Jacob Sheep and Himalayan Tahr EmptySun Jun 11, 2023 3:57 pm

I do really like both figures. Both are quite rarely made in the toy/model world ( I actually can't remember if they were ever made by any other big company). And so both are definitely on my wishlist.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA Jacob Sheep and Himalayan Tahr   Collection Review: CollectA Jacob Sheep and Himalayan Tahr EmptySun Jun 11, 2023 4:07 pm

Thank you Katy and yes, I love them as models too. I think it's because of the unusual species they are and how well they are sculpted?
It's rare to see alpine species that aren't things like ibexes and mountain goats so I feel they are a bit special.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA Jacob Sheep and Himalayan Tahr   Collection Review: CollectA Jacob Sheep and Himalayan Tahr EmptySun Jun 11, 2023 7:40 pm

I hesitated at first and took a long time to get the Tahr. I thought I didn't liked its straight pose and the mane was giving me the impression that the animal was much more massive than it should be. That's weird because I love unusual species and that's one for sure. Also, despite my reluctance, in any moment I thought it was a bad figure. Only much later I decided to acquire it and I was absurdly wrong. To be fair, I like it a lot and it deserves the five stars. Interestingly the other figure being presented is one I don't have yet but it has been in my wish list for a long time. It is another excellent and unusual figure and again I agree with your rating.

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA Jacob Sheep and Himalayan Tahr   Collection Review: CollectA Jacob Sheep and Himalayan Tahr EmptySun Jun 11, 2023 7:46 pm

Yes, I think the absolute same about them both! Unusual species are very fun to look out for and both are very nice quality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA Jacob Sheep and Himalayan Tahr   Collection Review: CollectA Jacob Sheep and Himalayan Tahr Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: CollectA Jacob Sheep and Himalayan Tahr
Page 1 of 1