Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rank all of schleich Wildlife 2022 and 2023

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous Turtle

Anonymous Turtle

Country/State : under your bed

Rank all of schleich Wildlife 2022 and 2023  Empty
PostSubject: Rank all of schleich Wildlife 2022 and 2023    Rank all of schleich Wildlife 2022 and 2023  EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 2:21 am

I want to see your rankings of different wildlife figures from the past 2 years. here's what you can rank and how

what you can rank Crocodile
flamingo

tapir

tapir calf

slow loris

puma

iguana

beaver

mandrill

empower scorpion

chameleon

indian rhino calf

thomson's gazelle

harpy eagle

aardvark

blue poison dart frog

otter

cheetah cub

caracal female

caracal cub

link to 2022 and 2023 schelich figures for those who haven't saw some of them yet
2022: 2022 animal pics
2023: 2023 animal pics

ok, so it is a 1-10 ranking system with one being the bottom of the barrel and ten being a masterpiece.
I would prefer you give a description on why a figure got ranked the way it did but it is not a necessity.
so what's your ranking bounce
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Rank all of schleich Wildlife 2022 and 2023    Rank all of schleich Wildlife 2022 and 2023  EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 4:48 pm

So here is my ranking (we can rate each figure from 1-10, right?) :
Flamingo - 5/10
The face of the model looks quite cartoonish to me. Overall colouring is alright though it lacks details on the face. The leaf base is alright but I prefer the sand base of the older model.
Tapir - 6/10
The model is fine, nothing too spectacular but still a decent figure. The colouring is nice though the model itself is a little bit small for my taste.
Tapir calf - 5/10
The mould itself is alright but the colouring is really flat.
Slow Loris - 6/10
I can't say that I like it but after looking at the product picture again, it seemed nicer to me than before. The model gets plus points for being a rarer species on the toy market.
Puma - 9/10
My favourite wild life figure from 2022. I like the colouring and the pose of this model. It's face looks not too bad fortunately either.
Iguana - 5/10
I don't like this model. It looks rather clumsy and just looses in comparison to the one from CollactA that came out in the same year. The only positive point I see is the colouring which is not the typical green.
Beaver - 6/10
At first I didn't like him at all but now he is slowly growing on me.
Mandrill - 6/10
The sculpt is fine but the colouring is not my cup of tea.
Emperor scorpion - 8/10
Nice sculpt and interesting colour scheme. Not sure if that's a realistic colouring but it looks good on the model.
Chameleon - 7/10
The model is fine and I like the idea with the colour change.
Indian rhinoceroses calf - 9/10
Probably my favourite wild life figure from this year. The model is simply adorable.
Thompson's gazelle - 7/10
A nice sculpt with thin legs and a fine colouring.
Harpy eagle - 7/10
I like this model. It's a decent figure with a nice colouring.
Aardvark - 8/10
The model does not look too realistic but the cuteness really catches me. The colouring is also rather nice.
Blue poison dart frog - 8/10
I'm trying to tell myself that I don't need another one of them in my collection but the colour is so vibrant that I really like this little frog.
Otter - 6/10
It's alright, nothing too special but still a decent figure.
Cheetah cub - 5/10
His face ruins it for me completely. He looks so goofy. His pose and colouring are nice though.
Caracal female - 6/10
Her colouring and pose are rather nice and her face looks better than on the product pictures but there's just something that looks off to me.
Caracal cub - 8/10
Super cute! I really like his pose.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous Turtle

Anonymous Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Rank all of schleich Wildlife 2022 and 2023    Rank all of schleich Wildlife 2022 and 2023  EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 5:44 pm

every time someone post on here I will give my opinion on 2 to 3 wildlife figures so let me review the flamingo, tapir, and tapir calf

flamingo: 4
just too smooth and basic, looks more like a recreation of a plastic lawn flamingo than a real one. but I do like the feathers

tapir: 6
great model but like the empower penguin way too tiny when compared to my tiger or even puma figure. better than planet zoos tapir No

tapir calf: 8
great model and I actually enjoy the coloring on this one, make it a bit larger and it might be a 9

so what did we learn

well this
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

is better than this
Back to top Go down
Anonymous Turtle

Anonymous Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Rank all of schleich Wildlife 2022 and 2023    Rank all of schleich Wildlife 2022 and 2023  EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 6:18 pm

A little of topic but am I the only person who actually really likes the shadow raptor? It has a great design and model, adjust the size and it would be a 10 for me. cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous Turtle

Anonymous Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Rank all of schleich Wildlife 2022 and 2023    Rank all of schleich Wildlife 2022 and 2023  EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 6:23 pm

Katy Leven wrote:
So here is my ranking (we can rate each figure from 1-10, right?) :

yes, you can rank using the 1-10 system, in fact, it's preferred Wink . any other questions cause I am not going to be able to answer any more until Sunday/Monday
Back to top Go down
Anonymous Turtle

Anonymous Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Rank all of schleich Wildlife 2022 and 2023    Rank all of schleich Wildlife 2022 and 2023  EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 1:46 am

Since no one has replied in a while I am going to rank some more, 4 this time

slow loris: 8
great figure, great position, great design, and okay paint. a fantastic 8/10

puma: 11/10
just way too good to exsit

iguana: 6
good head and body model but it has black bead eyes and the arms look way too clumpy and large, fix these two problems and it would be 10

mandrill:  Palmface
this isn't Schleich, I know over the years Schleich is going down in quality but this looks like something I would get at a dollar store, I would take the too-small tapir and lawn flamingo recreation over this any day. this is lazy, ugly, and basic to a degree that makes me want to cry. did I get a little dramatic there, well this deserved it, 0/10.  Evil or Very Mad

so what did we learn today, well this mandrill figure can go burn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rank all of schleich Wildlife 2022 and 2023    Rank all of schleich Wildlife 2022 and 2023  Empty

Back to top Go down

Rank all of schleich Wildlife 2022 and 2023
Page 1 of 1