Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Schleich Birds of Prey

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Schleich Birds of Prey  Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Schleich Birds of Prey    Collection Review: Schleich Birds of Prey  EmptySun 13 Aug 2023, 18:17

Figure Brand: Schleich

Figure Name(s):  Harpy Eagle (14862)
                              Griffon Vulture (14847)

Sex: Harpy Eagle- Female
       Griffon Vulture – Male

Name: Harpy Eagle- Cassandra
            Griffon Vulture - Arathorn- Old English- The fierce Lord Eagle

Year Made:  Harpy Eagle- 2023
       Griffon Vulture – 2021

Observations/Thoughts:
Nice and unusual species of birds depicted. I’ll admit I much prefer the Papo Griffin Vulture with the spread wings as it makes for a much more dynamic, exciting pose, but the restful version Schleich does is nice too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This Griffin Vulture from Schleich has a really extended neck, with head directly upwards giving the impression he’s perched on a clifftop, having just spotted something interesting below. His eyes are also that really arresting golden yellow, which is very lifelike and true to form of the real creatures? Namely, because of his eyes, I gave him the name Arathorn, which is apparently Old English for ‘The fierce Lord Eagle.’ It definitely suits him, as I imagine him perched on a ledge, surveying all around him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Cassandra is my female Harpy eagle from Schleich. She’s a nice little figure in a stationary sort of pose, though looking at these bird models I do wish there was some difference to the poses, or some added interest, like a picking at prey pose with the head bowed, or the wings slightly open- that would be great to see. Other than what she is, she’s a fairly basic model, except for her huge yellow feet, and also, she does have a very perceptive, fierce look about her which I love. She's also seeing and spotting something.
After getting these two, I will say I prefer Papo’s bird figures, than that of Schleich, simply for the realism and the more interesting poses.

Rating: Arathorn the Griffin Vulture- 4/5
Cassandra the Harpy eagle- 3/5
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Birds of Prey    Collection Review: Schleich Birds of Prey  EmptySun 13 Aug 2023, 18:36

Birdies!
I agree with you. Papo birds are way more detailed and realistic than the current Schleich ones. I really like the older Schleich birds. Especially their birds of prey were really cool and I wish that I could have one of them someday.
To these two:
I don't really like Arathorn (but the name is awesome!). In comparison to the Papo one he just looses and Schleich's older Vulture (not sure if that's the same species, I am not an expert in this area) looked worlds better. But his colouring is relatively good.
Cassandra is more of my cup of tea. The more I look at her the more I like her. I need two Harpy eagles anyway to have a couple so she most probably will join my collection someday. Cassandra is one of the main characters out of one of my stories so this name is already blocked for a future model in my collection. I really like this name for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Birds of Prey    Collection Review: Schleich Birds of Prey  EmptySun 13 Aug 2023, 18:44

Ah thank you, and yes, Papo really outdoes it when it comes to these birds. I adore their models and the more active poses.
I really love the name Cassandra, it has a certain fierceness to it and I felt it was appropriate for a predator type animal like her.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Birds of Prey    Collection Review: Schleich Birds of Prey  EmptySun 13 Aug 2023, 19:39

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Birds of Prey    Collection Review: Schleich Birds of Prey  EmptySun 13 Aug 2023, 22:06

You're right, they're relatively average figures. I bought my griffon on sale and I haven't acquired yet the harpie. Though, I enjoy a lot the fact Schleich released one and it is a good addition to a collection of birds of prey.

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Birds of Prey    Collection Review: Schleich Birds of Prey  EmptySun 13 Aug 2023, 22:08

They are indeed pretty average alright Roger, but still, they boost up the bird figures collection :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Birds of Prey    Collection Review: Schleich Birds of Prey  Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Schleich Birds of Prey
Page 1 of 1