Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New crisis or dry period...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

New crisis or dry period... Empty
PostSubject: New crisis or dry period...   New crisis or dry period... EmptyWed Oct 18, 2023 2:29 pm

Big bump in the flow of interesting information and news... Collectors no longer collect as months / years: no buying , no selling (it seems that, in general, no interesting pieces are offered) and no trades are made.
I'm holding a lot of reluctance and abandonment at a general level... What's going on?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New crisis or dry period...   New crisis or dry period... EmptyWed Oct 18, 2023 6:18 pm

You know i collect. But i miss some highlights in the last year, or unknown treasures with very special species. It looks there are not so much to discover. And the figures of my wishlist are very very hard to find.

And than, in Germany it is a inflation. All the things are more expensive now. So is a hobby not the first thing.

And than shipping costs and custom taxes. And it is more difficult to order outside of your country. And ebay change the rules so it is not interesting to sell there.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by widukind on Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: New crisis or dry period...   New crisis or dry period... EmptyWed Oct 18, 2023 6:36 pm

At this point most of what I'm buying are new releases from major brands. I still have older hard to find figures on my list but I haven't seen anything pop up in quite awhile that I've been looking for.

Many times I see figures I'd like, but it isn't worth it for me to pay for shipping overseas.

And of course inflation plays a big part. You simply can't get the same prices for certain items. Dinosaurs I would buy occasionally a few years ago ranged from $50-$60 usd, but now are rising to $80-$100. Of course this is partly due to companies improving their products.. But it leaves me buying less and less every year.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New crisis or dry period...   New crisis or dry period... EmptyFri Oct 20, 2023 11:34 am

Times are indeed getting tougher: inflation, customs barriers, shipping costs, etc.
Nothing to do with the situation fifteen years ago, for example.
As far as I'm concerned, I have to add the lack of space, as I like my collection not to be in boxes.
As I collect in almost every direction, I'm forced to make choices and pass up a lot of things I would have bought before.
I don't think I'm an isolated case, and I'm not the worst off.
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: New crisis or dry period...   New crisis or dry period... EmptySat Oct 21, 2023 12:56 am

I agree, thre are some problems, economic crisis, shipping costs, etc.

We need too, more figures of rare species.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New crisis or dry period...   New crisis or dry period... Empty

Back to top Go down

New crisis or dry period...
Page 1 of 1