Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My collectA Collection

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zachary

Zachary

Country/State : Zambia

My collectA Collection  Empty
PostSubject: My collectA Collection    My collectA Collection  EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 4:24 pm

Yes the next part of my collection is my collectAs but I only have tube figures I have 4 tubes which each consist of 12 soo I have so many minis pale

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I had the mini border collie but I lost it somewhere around my shelves Sad
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My collectA Collection    My collectA Collection  EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 6:39 pm

If you like minis, CollectA tubes are surely a good option. Throw a ball and I'm sure your Border Collie will try to get it. Wink
I also recomend some of the modern Safari TOOBS, they have excellent quality though check the topics on forum since not all of them are that good.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My collectA Collection    My collectA Collection  EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 7:03 pm

Nice collection :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Zachary

Zachary

PostSubject: Re: My collectA Collection    My collectA Collection  EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 7:25 pm

Thank you Andreas !

I will try to get hold of a safari toob thank you for the tip roger ! But I have the safari toob roaring jaguar and I'm not so sure but I think it is a very old figure as you were talking about modern toobs .
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: My collectA Collection    My collectA Collection  EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 7:38 pm

I am a big fan of CollectA minis too. They are well made. My selection is a bit different, but I have the mini wild animals too, but I don't have the other ones. Would you be able to show comparison photos of the walrus and leatherback sea turtle together with the tiger and black bear? I collect figures to scale and I have been wondering how larger the walrus and leatherback are.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My collectA Collection    My collectA Collection  EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 9:53 pm

Zachary wrote:
Thank you Andreas !

I will try to get hold of a safari toob thank you for the tip roger ! But I have the safari toob roaring jaguar and I'm not so sure but I think it is a very old figure as you were talking about modern toobs .

Well, that's not a rule, there are older tubes with good figures and there are new tubes with poor figures. That's a tendency and some new Safari tubes are really good. A good example is the Great Lake TOOBN from 2020, which you can see through the link but I don't know if the species assortment is of your interest.

Zachary

PostSubject: Re: My collectA Collection    My collectA Collection  EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 5:33 am

Here you go :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Roger thank you for the tip the lake toob has a lot of interesting creatures I do think I'm interested Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My collectA Collection    My collectA Collection  EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 7:14 pm

Thank you, Zachary! The walrus and turtle are probably a bit small for my scale. A bit hard to tell what their length is: is the walrus similar in length to the tiger?

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: My collectA Collection    My collectA Collection  EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 9:47 am

Those are cool...y'know they are a really nice way of amassing smaller but still well made figures. I especially like the nautilus, the sharks, whales, walrus and manta ray.
Back to top Go down
Zachary

Zachary

PostSubject: Re: My collectA Collection    My collectA Collection  EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 10:25 am

Thank you Brandubh !
Rogerpgvg they are similar in length ! The tiger is longer only because of its tail

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My collectA Collection    My collectA Collection  EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 11:34 am

Thank you! I agree with Brandubh94, toob-sized animals are great for collectors because they do not occupy so much space and they are less expensive. The only problem is that the quality is sometime not so high, but the CollectA minis are very good. Mojo also made some very high quality mini animals, which they sold separately. They are no longer produced, but you may still be able to find them in some web shops.

PostSubject: Re: My collectA Collection    My collectA Collection  Empty

Back to top Go down

My collectA Collection
Page 1 of 1