Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Schleich Horses

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Schleich Horses  Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 5:17 pm

Figure Brand: Schleich

Figure Name(s): Cheval De Selle Francais Mare (13955)
Sorraia Mustang Stallion (13915)

Sex: Both male and female

Name: Cheval De Selle Francais Mare- Arianwyn
Sorraia Mustang Stallion- Ashcloud

Year Made: Cheval De Selle Francais Mare - ???
Sorraia Mustang Stallion - 2021

Observations/Thoughts:
I put both silver horses together for my second last figure review of the year as both are in my opinion lovely shades of light silver, marl grey, to dark grey and even with a tint of olive and both are from Schleich.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ashcloud, the Sorraia Mustang is an interesting one, his silver coat drew me in, and his pose looks like he’s galloping through a wild wind head on which I love. The slightly bowed head. especially reflects that. His back leg is outstretched far behind him and foreleg forward and lifted up in that strong galloping pose.
His overall colour is an overall shade of light grey, with a gradient of dark charcoal on his muzzle and the tips of tail and hooves. His mane is outstretched dramatically in a long ridge of straight spikes, it too starts with dark charcoal then gradually fades to light silver at it’s tip. I love the active, running pose of him, he could be running though a storm etc. I called him Ashcloud because it’s what his pose reminded me of, running before the looming grey clouds of a brewing storm. A dramatic name for a dramatic horse!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My Cheval de Selle Francais mare is Arainwyn. I called her that as she is a dark tint of grey olive, Arianwyn is a form of the Welsh name for ‘silver’ and I think it suits her very well. She is in a far less interesting and static pose again, with all four feet on the ground, her back leg slightly lifted as is her foreleg. Her tail and mane dip down looking static, not much else to say about her pose as I don’t find it particularly interesting.
Her colour is dark grey with a brown or even olive tint all over with a gradient of darker grey to charcoal on her hoof tips and muzzle. She also has a nice stripe of white down her nose which is a detail I think really sweet to add. Her face is sculpted well, looks pretty and gentle, and with the added little stripe is a nice touch of realism. Her mane is dark grey to very dark brown, and has individual curls and locks sculpted through it. She overall has an slightly alert pose, as if she’s standing listening for something- her ears are pricked up and forward. Not much else to say about her as she doesn’t have an overly dramatic pose, or unusual features apart from her silver coat.

Rating: Cheval De Selle Francais Mare – 4/5
Sorraia Mustang Stallion – 4/5
Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Schleich Horses
Page 1 of 1