Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: The Last Two Reviews of the Year!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: The Last Two Reviews of the Year! Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: The Last Two Reviews of the Year!   Collection Review: The Last Two Reviews of the Year! EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 5:27 pm

Figure Brand: Schleich & CollectA

Figure Name(s): Haflinger Mare (13950)
British Spotted Pony (88750)

Sex: Both Females

Name: Haflinger Mare – Gertrude
British Spotted Pony- Dapple

Year Made: Haflinger Mare - ???
British Spotted Pony - 2016

Observations/Thoughts:
FINALLY!!! The very last pose of the year! After all this exhausting documenting and reviewing, it will be while until I look to doing this again in 2024.
It’s a shame somewhat to have plain and average horse models for the last post this year but I had left them to last as I kept putting them off myself.
They are nice enough little horse models, but I left the Haflinger here as I had nothing really to say about her, she’s a fine, sturdy little mould and I think a decent enough portrayal of the breed?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I called her Gertrude because I really thought it was appropriate for what she was, it has a Germanic root meaning ‘spear/strength’ I felt the strength part of the name particularly appropriate for her as she’s a strong little horse.
She has a thick body with a light golden beige brown colouration overall except for her mane and tail which are snow white. Her legs to hooves also have this beige to cream gradient, and in contrast her nose and muzzle slides to a dark brown/grey colour. She stands with all four feet on the ground in a slight static pose, one foreleg and one hind leg outstretched to resemble her walking stride. She also bears her head facing slightly downwards, even her eye seems to be focused on the ground- I like this expression, it’s thoughtful or kinda pensive? She’s also a model that has some flowers added to her mane, which I know most people aren’t fond of. I actually don’t mind these, there are three little red flowers decking her ears and I find it resembles a flower crown in this way, I’ve always loved flower crowns, so I don’t mind them on this horse. I feel it gives her a wild child or flower girl sort of vibe

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dapple is my British Spotted Pony. I do like her patterns, it was what had me adding her to the collection.  Called her Dapple because of her nice speckled coat, though that’s probably the most interesting thing about her. She stands in a static, neutral pose with three feet on the ground, the back foot lifted almost completely. She’s also looking to the right in a neutral way, her tail and mane aren’t flowing or anything, they just hang down and over her neck. Her pose could be described as a bit boring really.
Her coat pattern is nice, it’s an unusual red/orange lot of spots and speckles on white with very little gradient apart from black on her nose and darker brown on her hooves. Her body is covered all over with little pretty orange speckles and spots, all seem to be randomly placed which makes it all the more realistic looking? Looking up these animals online I see they are also black spotted, and sometimes can have an overall brown body colouring to them which slides gradually to white, almost appearing half brown, half white, an interesting look actually,. Others can be mostly white with a few dots of brown. I think though picking an overly speckled coat, CollectA did very well with the realism and overall body mould of this one.

Rating: Haflinger Mare – 3/5
British Spotted Pony – 4/5
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: The Last Two Reviews of the Year!   Collection Review: The Last Two Reviews of the Year! EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 9:05 pm

Thank you for all these interesting topics. I enjoy the English spotted pony, I find it an interesting release. I'm looking forward to see more topics in 2024 and have a fantastic new yar! cheers

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: The Last Two Reviews of the Year!   Collection Review: The Last Two Reviews of the Year! EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 9:07 pm

Thank you Roger, it'll be a while yet because I'm a little exhausted after all those reviews!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: The Last Two Reviews of the Year!   Collection Review: The Last Two Reviews of the Year! EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 9:21 pm

Brandubh94 wrote:
Thank you Roger, it'll be a while yet because I'm a little exhausted after all those reviews!
Laughing I understand and you really deserve to rest a little. Those were loads of topics in a very short time. Maybe next time you could give more time between the topics. Very Happy

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: The Last Two Reviews of the Year!   Collection Review: The Last Two Reviews of the Year! EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 9:24 pm

I definitely plan to, but I wanted to cover them all before starting out with new additions next year- I felt so much like it was unfinished business or something 😆
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: The Last Two Reviews of the Year!   Collection Review: The Last Two Reviews of the Year! Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: The Last Two Reviews of the Year!
Page 1 of 1