Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MiC Deinosuchus: a Walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

MiC Deinosuchus: a Walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: MiC Deinosuchus: a Walkaround by Kikimalou   MiC Deinosuchus: a Walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun May 12, 2024 5:12 am

I'm not in the habit of collecting Knocks-off and the like. The only time it doesn't bother me is when the model is discontinued, after all, if the original manufacturer doesn't want to sell it any more, that's their problem and I don't really see it as theft any more, it's a bit like generic drugs.
This crocodile has a slightly different story, I spotted it on Aliexpress for a modest price and it seemed quite nice. When I received it, I discovered that it looked very much like the Rebor Deinosuchus.
Too beautiful to get rid of it by asking for forgiveness, I decided to live in sin.
I've also taken a few photos so that you can all witness my crime.  Embarassed

The Deinosuchus ("terrible crocodile" in ancient Greek) is a cousin of the alligator and lived 75 million years ago in North America.
Up to 11 metres in size, its bite is estimated to be more powerful than that of the T-rex and 6 times more powerful than that of the marine crocodile.  Crocodile
It was therefore a very powerful animal that must have eaten dinosaurs the way crocodiles chomp wildebeest on the banks of the Mara river.

Apart from its large size, Deinosuchus was very similar to modern crocodilians. The only visible distinction on a toy was the slightly swollen front end of the mouth.
This lack of originality undoubtedly sealed its fate as a toy - what's the point of making a bigger alligator figurine and saying it's not an alligator?
Schleich and Safari Ltd tried their hand at it, but the only ones you can buy these days are the Recur, which looks like nothing, and the two Rebor models, of which mine is a copy, which are no longer exactly what I would call a toy.

Maybe some photos?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Come on Baby, come closer, I’m so cute but I feel so empty, come and help me, just a little closer…  Crocodile

With some Cretaceous friends

With some modern ”giants"
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: MiC Deinosuchus: a Walkaround by Kikimalou   MiC Deinosuchus: a Walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun May 12, 2024 11:18 am

cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: MiC Deinosuchus: a Walkaround by Kikimalou   MiC Deinosuchus: a Walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun May 12, 2024 11:42 am

cheers cheers cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: MiC Deinosuchus: a Walkaround by Kikimalou   MiC Deinosuchus: a Walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun May 12, 2024 3:21 pm

Thank you Andreas and Taylor cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: MiC Deinosuchus: a Walkaround by Kikimalou   MiC Deinosuchus: a Walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun May 12, 2024 3:36 pm

It would be criminal to miss something like htis. It looks absolutely amazing and your photos are very tempting as usual. I love the way it leans the body like in this picture.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: MiC Deinosuchus: a Walkaround by Kikimalou   MiC Deinosuchus: a Walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon May 13, 2024 3:02 pm

very realistic! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: MiC Deinosuchus: a Walkaround by Kikimalou   MiC Deinosuchus: a Walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon May 13, 2024 3:12 pm

It was a great pleasure to make the pics, this Deinosuchus inspires respect and admiration.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MiC Deinosuchus: a Walkaround by Kikimalou   MiC Deinosuchus: a Walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

MiC Deinosuchus: a Walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1