Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hong Kong at its worst!-Zebras

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Hong Kong at its worst!-Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Hong Kong at its worst!-Zebras   Hong Kong at its worst!-Zebras EmptySun May 12, 2024 11:38 am

These are made in Hong Kong models of 'Zebras'-just badly painted horses including a very obvious Arabian!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong at its worst!-Zebras   Hong Kong at its worst!-Zebras EmptySun May 12, 2024 11:56 am

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong at its worst!-Zebras   Hong Kong at its worst!-Zebras EmptySun May 12, 2024 2:21 pm

They probably didn't realise there are no zebras in Arabia. It's great that you keep these historical models in your collection, even though they aren't perfect.

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong at its worst!-Zebras   Hong Kong at its worst!-Zebras EmptySun May 12, 2024 9:12 pm

haha I love it!

this is what makes the 'normal' figures looks great Very Happy

I have a few of these strange little beasts in my collection as well.
Bless the ignorance of the manufacturers Wink cyclops
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong at its worst!-Zebras   Hong Kong at its worst!-Zebras EmptyMon May 13, 2024 2:21 pm

Yes I like to keep these figures to show how much progression has taken place in the model making-although there are still a few hanging around today. Smile Like you say Sunny the manufactures didn't have an idea back then!So to expand the wildlife range they would put stripes on a horse and viola a Zebra! Smile Smile

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong at its worst!-Zebras   Hong Kong at its worst!-Zebras EmptyTue May 14, 2024 3:46 am

I would say that it's always better than using a Shire horse to make a zebra. However, choosing an Arabian horse isn't very commendable. Nevertheless, I argue that these types of pieces are illustrative of how this industry works and paradigmatic examples of less prosaic ways to produce animal figures. I consider them collectibles of interest.

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong at its worst!-Zebras   Hong Kong at its worst!-Zebras Empty

Back to top Go down

Hong Kong at its worst!-Zebras
Page 1 of 1