Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Play Visions dog variations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Play Visions dog variations  Empty
PostSubject: Play Visions dog variations    Play Visions dog variations  EmptyMon May 13, 2024 7:20 pm

I found these on ebay and was just curious what we know about them. I was surprised to see they were stamped Play Visions since their paint work is not the usual quality, but then I saw that the collie is on TAW as a variant of the better looking one. Since Play Visions variants usually seem to be just as nicely done but in a different color or pattern, do we know the history on these monochromatic dogs? I see it listed as "painting version?" on TAW. What does that mean? The only one I have both versions of is the cocker spaniel, but do we know if there is a complete set of these black and white ones? Their stamps match the other version.

I think they are pretty neat! Their white eyes definitely make them kind of spooky looking. Zombie dogs. Laughing These pictures are fine to use on TAW if desired.

Rough Collie
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Doberman

Cocker Spaniel
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions dog variations    Play Visions dog variations  EmptyMon May 13, 2024 8:26 pm

I don't have any info for you sadly, but these are pretty neat! I believe I have a copy version of the spaniel, someday I would like to have the set of dogs and cats in hand but they're hard to come by.

To my thinking, if they're stamped PV one of two things happened. PV themselves rereleased the set but made them much cheaper than the standard line of mini bulk figures to cheapen the production costs (possibly before they retired the collection completely?). Or they sold the line/leased the moulds to another company and the stamp just wasn't removed for whatever reason. But these neat (if a tad spooky)!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions dog variations    Play Visions dog variations  EmptyMon May 13, 2024 10:49 pm

I'm convinced nobody knows about the dog variations and I tend to agree with Paige. We have on TAW the Farm set in two different colored versions. As long as we find a consistent or complete set, it works as a different one. In this case it is easy to group the Zombie dogs and if you complete the set, it is pertinent to put them on TAW. Though, better not to lose track of this topic anytime another zombie is found. affraid

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions dog variations    Play Visions dog variations  EmptyTue May 14, 2024 12:05 am

Thank you both! Those explanations would make sense. I will certainly be keeping an eye out for the rest, but I don't expect to finish the set any time soon, if there are others to find. Laughing
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions dog variations    Play Visions dog variations  EmptyTue May 14, 2024 5:14 pm

No ideas, maybe from Wing Mau later

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions dog variations    Play Visions dog variations  EmptySun May 26, 2024 9:05 pm

I found one with different eyes and since the lot was very affordable, I went ahead and got it to see what was going on, if there were different version of the Play Visions or if someone else made this one. Turns out it is a MADE IN CHINA just like my other off-brand Play Visions. I have also seen a German Shepherd done in the same colors as the Rottweiler here, and I believe there is a China knock off that looks like the black and white spaniel. Possibly a whole set made in the Play Visions molds. I would love to find out if the true Play Visions set that's done in "cheap" colors matches the knock offs. In any case, fun little puzzles as always!

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions dog variations    Play Visions dog variations  EmptyMon May 27, 2024 12:36 am

Jill wrote:

haha what amazing eyes this collie has!

if I ever see this type I will let you know Jill
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions dog variations    Play Visions dog variations  EmptyMon Jul 29, 2024 8:32 pm

sunny wrote:

haha what amazing eyes this collie has!

if I ever see this type I will let you know Jill
Thank you! They do have some interesting eyes!

I added two more to the China group, a spaniel and a german shepherd.

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions dog variations    Play Visions dog variations  EmptyTue Jul 30, 2024 3:31 am

magnificent work in finding more Jill!
love these dogs cyclops cyclops Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions dog variations    Play Visions dog variations  Empty

Back to top Go down

Play Visions dog variations
Page 1 of 1