Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best Cape buffalo ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aeglil

Aeglil

Country/State : Toulouse, France

Best Cape buffalo ? Empty
PostSubject: Best Cape buffalo ?   Best Cape buffalo ? EmptyMon May 27, 2024 8:17 pm

I admit it's quite hard to make a choice between the different version s of this "big 5" club member...a must-have for all lovers of African wildlife.

Schleich's new release caught my interest. But Collecta's aggressive and dynamic posture is also quite original. And there's also Papo's intimidating one and Safari's ruminating version.

What's your favorite replica and why ?

Last edited by Aeglil on Mon May 27, 2024 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Best Cape buffalo ?   Best Cape buffalo ? EmptyMon May 27, 2024 8:33 pm

I only kept the 1/20 Safari and the 1/22 Papo and Schleich 14640.
Back to top Go down
Aeglil

Aeglil

Country/State : Toulouse, France

PostSubject: Re: Best Cape buffalo ?   Best Cape buffalo ? EmptyMon May 27, 2024 9:12 pm

Which one would you recommend me to get ?

I'd personally go for the 2024 Schleich. It looks more realistic and has the right dimensions, although the old version was even more accurate.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Best Cape buffalo ?   Best Cape buffalo ? EmptyMon May 27, 2024 10:18 pm

My favorite is the Mojö Fun Cape buffalo but I recomend the 2011 Schleich buffalo to you. I'm not a big fan of the newer Schleich and CollectA is probably the least interesting despite the agressive pose. Papo's is the most charismatic. Fortunately, that's an animal decently represented by many brands. Their sizes are roughly the same but I can take a comparison picture since I have a few.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Best Cape buffalo ?   Best Cape buffalo ? EmptyTue May 28, 2024 1:08 am

Safari's with the oxpeckers is my favorite one! I really like the sculpt, and the addition of the birds and grass in its mouth gives it a lot more life cheers

Schleich's 2011 mother and calf are my 2nd and 3rd favorites

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Best Cape buffalo ?   Best Cape buffalo ? EmptyTue May 28, 2024 1:10 am

Roger wrote:
My favorite is the Mojö Fun Cape buffalo but I recomend the 2011 Schleich buffalo to you. I'm not a big fan of the newer Schleich and CollectA is probably the least interesting despite the agressive pose. Papo's is the most charismatic. Fortunately, that's an animal decently represented by many brands. Their sizes are roughly the same but I can take a comparison picture since I have a few.

I completely forgot the Mojo one existed Embarassed I just looked it up on TAW and it really is beautiful. I may have to add it to my herd Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Cape buffalo ?   Best Cape buffalo ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Cape buffalo ?
Page 1 of 1