Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All fennecs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aeglil

Aeglil

Country/State : Toulouse, France

All fennecs Empty
PostSubject: All fennecs   All fennecs EmptyFri Jun 14, 2024 9:52 am

Hi there,

I'm considering purchasing, maybe, a  striped hyena and a fennec to provide companionship for my ungulates from the Sahara..

All major brands created their own model of these little desert foxes.
The most accurate, IMO, is the figure from.CollectA, with Papo being a close runner-up (as usual 😉 but as CollectA is overall my favorite company, my judgement might be biased). Mojö has the cutest, Safari Ltd is average whereas Schleich missed the target. Its fennec looks like a mix of a bat and a Pokemon. PNSO's is weird (in addition to being expensive), I even wonder if it's a fennec or a ragdoll puppy.

Do you agree with me ?
If not, which fennec would you recommend me to acquire ?
No need to say that size matters. I wouldn't like to have a fennec too big and out of scale compared to my gazelles.
All fennecs are quite cheap, so I guess they aren't TOO large. The ideal size would be as big as a Baird's tapir baby, but I think all of them are much larger and oversized.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

All fennecs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All fennecs   All fennecs EmptyFri Jun 14, 2024 10:34 pm

I basically agree with everything. Papo and CollectA are very good and at a similar level of quality despite being very different. I like the larger Mojö a lot but it is a model which deserved a better painting. The Yowies USA model is also very decent and if you want it to be smaller because fennecs are tiny, you have the Eikoh which is also one of the best.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

All fennecs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All fennecs   All fennecs EmptyFri Jun 14, 2024 11:52 pm

I have a comparison photo of the ones I own on my website.

I do also have the Mojo but haven't updated that photo with him yet.

I personally would reccomend the Eikoh or Yowies US though.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

All fennecs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All fennecs   All fennecs EmptySat Jun 15, 2024 12:19 am

The only one smaller than the Baird's tapir baby I can think of would be Safari's Toob fennec fox. The yowie and CollectA are probably my favorite though. The mojo is very nice too but lacking paintwork wise in my opinion.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

All fennecs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All fennecs   All fennecs EmptySat Jun 15, 2024 2:20 am

What figures are you figuring out scale with? I can probably help with comparison photos.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Aeglil

Aeglil

All fennecs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All fennecs   All fennecs EmptySat Jun 15, 2024 1:05 pm

Thanks for all your posts,

Eikoh would be the perfect choice, finely sculpted and with the right proportions. But both Eikoh and Kaiyodo are pretty hard to find, at least in Europe.
I was looking for something affordable, Since I mostly focused on cetaceans and (even and odd-toed) ungulates, with only a few exceptions, I shall make it without a fennec. 😊
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

All fennecs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All fennecs   All fennecs EmptySat Jun 15, 2024 3:47 pm

The Eikoh is 1/10 scale, the Papo is more 1/8 and the CollectA 1/7, there is still the Starlux at 1/15 so the best choice is probably the Safari Ltd desert toob one which probably is 1/15, still too big for most antelopes but can live with Papo wildebeest and Impala, CollectA springbok, Hirola, Scimitar oryx, Black wildebeest and Dama gazelle. Not so bad indeed.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

All fennecs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All fennecs   All fennecs EmptySat Jun 15, 2024 10:18 pm

Here is a comparison picture, I hope it is useful. CollectA Dama gazelle presents CollectA, Papo and Eikoh fennecs.
Please let me know if you need more cmparisons but you are forbiden to avoid a fennec in your collecton. Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

All fennecs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All fennecs   All fennecs EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 12:49 am

Roger wrote:
Here is a comparison picture, I hope it is useful. CollectA Dama gazelle presents CollectA, Papo and Eikoh fennecs.
Please let me know if you need more cmparisons but you are forbiden to avoid a fennec in your collecton. Laughing

Beautiful photo! I really need to get my hands on the Eikoh...

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Aeglil

Aeglil

All fennecs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All fennecs   All fennecs EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:34 am

Roger wrote:

Now that I have seen the Eikoh, I know it's the model I need. Safari's Toob is way too toyish and there's something in the Papo I don't like at all.
CollectA's model, although it has the proportions of a red fox, is very realistic. I would go for this figurine wasn't it for Eikoh's.

But as I mentioned in a previous post, these Japanese brands aren't very accessible. And I'm not a collector willing to spend a fortune on rare items, just a random guy plunged back into childhood since he got his hands on a few of these figurines.

I guess I will continue to dream about this little fennec, definitely on my bucket list.
But Ialready possess something like 130 figures.
I mainly focus on ungulates and cetaceans, with only a few exceptions. And I have all the models I need (with the notable exception of Kaiyodo's blue whale, the Amazon River dolphin and the takin) I will take a break now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

All fennecs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All fennecs   All fennecs Empty

Back to top Go down

All fennecs
Page 1 of 1