Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion

Go down 
+2
Kikimalou
Ponies and Paint
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

Country/State : United States

CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion Empty
PostSubject: CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion   CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion EmptyThu Jul 11, 2024 7:51 pm

If anyone is looking for in-hand photos/videos of the CollectA Phar Lap that was recently released, I was able to find a video online from Minizoo with the model in it. There are also videos on their Instagram that show this model in-hand:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(Go to the stories near the end)

I did order this model, and once he arrives I'll show some in-hand photos of him and share my thoughts :)

Last edited by Ponies and Paint on Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion   CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion EmptyThu Jul 11, 2024 7:56 pm

Beautiful Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion   CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion EmptyThu Jul 11, 2024 11:41 pm

Looking forward to read your thoughts about this figure and watch your pictures.

Ponies and Paint

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion   CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion EmptyTue Jul 23, 2024 2:31 am

OH MY GOD HE'S FINALLY HERE!
-Breathe-
Okay, after a week or so of very impatient waiting, my dude finally arrived.
To start, for those unaware, Phar Lap was an Australian/New Zealand based racehorse who won a lot of races and died of an arsenic overdose(possibly from tonic). [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
First impressions, I LOVE HIM!
He's definitely my new favorite CollectA mold(out of all their horse molds).
His line of action is so elegant and flowy. He looks like a dressage horse preforming some sort of canter in the arena, but he could also be a racehorse out for a light gallop around the track.
He does seem maybe a little bit heavy for a Thoroughbred, but I think he could still pass for one(especially in the US, where Thoroughbreds can be a little bit on the heavier side).
He will remain a Thoroughbred in my collection.
His coloring is just chef's kiss. He has really subtle shading, but he isn't a single color. He has some lighter highlights in his mane and tail, and a beautiful rich base color that makes him really pop. This will such a fun model to photograph.
His show name is California Coast, and his shelf name will be Malibu.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Um, so I know it says that he is a stallion on the product listing, but he is in fact a gelding. The real Phar Lap was a gelding too, so I really liked that they stuck to that little detail.
Back to top Go down
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion   CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion EmptyTue Jul 23, 2024 5:20 am

Thought I'd try out some tack on this guy for the fun of it. I really like the second set on him.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion   CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion EmptyTue Jul 23, 2024 4:35 pm

Oh wow, he is awesome!
Thank you for this review!
I just really love his pose. His colouring seems to be also top notch. He looks so handsome! Now I need to find a nice mare for him.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion   CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion EmptyTue Jul 23, 2024 9:46 pm

He looks great! The Breyer Phar Lap (the original) was always one of my childhood favorites. It is cool to see him done by another brand. (Well, sort of, haha.) I think they did a good job on his head profile. Is this the first time CollectA has done a portrait?
Back to top Go down
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion   CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion EmptyWed Jul 24, 2024 12:44 am

I believe it is. I've never seen any other horse portrait models from them.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion   CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion EmptyThu Jul 25, 2024 11:12 am

That's a beautiful horse figure. I also think it is the first portrait horse model from CollectA. Unless you count the Lonesome George tortoise as a horse. Laughing

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion   CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion EmptyThu Jul 25, 2024 10:28 pm

Very pretty horse and great photos!!
Back to top Go down
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion   CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion EmptyFri Jul 26, 2024 5:30 am

Omigosh, I realized that I forgot to post a comparison photo with another model. I chose the CollectA Warmblood Stallion, as he is of a similar type to Phar Lap, and honestly, they're pretty similar size wise. The warmblood is a bit heavier than Phar Lap, but that makes sense, and the two look really nice together.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion   CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion EmptyFri Jul 26, 2024 9:36 am

CollectA from a few years ago is making their light breeds a little heavier looking since the delicate Deborah's designs were not easy to translate into a sturdy toy. WIA is probably the only brand doing really horses with very thin legs but WIA is a niche brand.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion   CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA Phar Lap Thoroughbred Stallion
Page 1 of 1