Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish

Go down 
+2
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish Empty
PostSubject: Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish   Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish EmptyTue Jul 16, 2024 6:17 pm

I just had to snag these off ebay when I saw them. There is no makers mark on the cuttlefish at all, it is clearly a copy of the AAA model. The jelly is hard plastic and has the word China and the letter A on the underside of the mantle/bell (I'm at work at the moment and don't recall exactly what is on it). Any idea on species for either or a possible maker? *sorry for the poor photos, I took them late last night after a looooong day at work*

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish   Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish EmptyTue Jul 16, 2024 7:57 pm

Thank you for the information. flower

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish   Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish EmptyTue Jul 16, 2024 10:16 pm

They look great! Those are poor guesses but they look like a common cuttlefish and a golden jellyfish to me.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish   Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish EmptyTue Jul 16, 2024 10:41 pm

Roger wrote:
They look great! Those are poor guesses but they look like a common cuttlefish and a golden jellyfish to me.

The morphology doesn't support Mastigias. While stylized, it looks like it was influenced by Pelagia noctiluca, as were other 'generic' jellyfish (e.g. Safari Ltd. WS Sealife)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish   Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish EmptyTue Jul 16, 2024 11:53 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:

The morphology doesn't support Mastigias. While stylized, it looks like it was influenced by Pelagia noctiluca, as were other 'generic' jellyfish (e.g. Safari Ltd. WS Sealife)

Agreed! Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish   Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish EmptyThu Jul 18, 2024 4:01 am

Sorry for the delay in response. The jelly is only marked China and an A. The cuttle fish has nothing. It is formed jusy like the AAA model, the top third of the mantle is hollow but the rest is pretty solid, just cast in softer plastic (more squishable especially in the hollow bit). The Jelly is much harder plastic, but the tentacles are bendy.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish   Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish EmptyMon Jul 22, 2024 7:23 pm

Nice , i especially live the cuttlefish

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish   Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish EmptyTue Jul 23, 2024 2:09 am

the big green and black one is lovely Paige! I can see why they caught your eye )

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish   Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish Empty

Back to top Go down

Unstamped Cuttlefish and Orange Jellyfish
Page 1 of 1