Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Prints by Christopher Chavez

Go down 
+2
widukind
Takama
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

My Prints by Christopher Chavez Empty
PostSubject: My Prints by Christopher Chavez   My Prints by Christopher Chavez EmptyTue Sep 24, 2024 6:52 pm

Hi everyone

Longtime no see As you can see.

Thats because i been reduced to nothing but a mobile phone which makes message bourd usage, a bit of a hassle, especially when it comes to ads and hosting images (i hate to say)  however, I am still active on social media where i found my new go to hobby for collecting.

3D prints by Christopher Chavez

These are prehistoric Animal models printed in resin and are finished by a artist who was avalible for the job. They are all in 1:35 Scale. Plus they range from very tiny, to gigantic.

Ever since I discoverd these, I started to focus less on mass produced models and more on these, (though I do collect other things from time to time) as im able to dictate what pose I want the animal in, if the default one does not suit my taste, and if a species I want is not in his portfolio, I can comission it from scratch.

Well thats enough of the introduction. Now for the first model

The Allosaurus fragillus

One cool thing about these models is that most of the Theropods have Jaw Articulation. Like this Allosaurus. This model was finished by Art by Anz, who you may recall worked on one of kind models for me for a while. The base is actally not the orignal, but its the original decorated to look like dried cracked earth.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy my return, and my new thread dedicated to these models.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Prints by Christopher Chavez   My Prints by Christopher Chavez EmptyTue Sep 24, 2024 8:03 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Night Elf

Night Elf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My Prints by Christopher Chavez   My Prints by Christopher Chavez EmptyTue Sep 24, 2024 10:01 pm

Awesome! The paintwork is wonderful as well. Crocodile Applause cheers

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: My Prints by Christopher Chavez   My Prints by Christopher Chavez EmptyThu Sep 26, 2024 12:55 am

Well next up Is the Heterodontosaurus

About the Human for Comparison, he was painted as a homage to the CollectA human that came with CollectAs Deluxe figures.

For the Heterodontosaurus itself, his colors came from one idea. "A Cappybara crossed with a pocupine"

The result is as shown, with the base custumized by Anz

Last edited by Takama on Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: My Prints by Christopher Chavez   My Prints by Christopher Chavez EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 4:05 am

Next up. Its my favorite Dinosaur

Dilophosaurus

This was a must have for me when I first saw it in one of his videos on Instagram.  The colors were sort of Winged on this one

Hope you enjoy 🙂

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My Prints by Christopher Chavez   My Prints by Christopher Chavez EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 11:54 am

Glad you're back on STS, it's good to know you're still collecting.
Your new collection is very inspiring, I have a soft spot for the Allosaurus but the feathered Dilophosaurus is very interesting.
There's something I don't understand, is it Chavez who prints his own models or do you just buy the file?
I'm getting more and more interested in this kind of model, as the democratisation of 3D printers is opening up possibilities that were previously inaccessible to me.
Christopher Chavez have some models I would love to catch drunken
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: My Prints by Christopher Chavez   My Prints by Christopher Chavez EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 7:03 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Glad you're back on STS, it's good to know you're still collecting.
Your new collection is very inspiring, I have a soft spot for the Allosaurus but the feathered Dilophosaurus is very interesting.
There's something I don't understand, is it Chavez who prints his own models or do you just buy the file?
I'm getting more and more interested in this kind of model, as the democratisation of 3D printers is opening up possibilities that were previously inaccessible to me.
Christopher Chavez have some models I would love to catch drunken

He Prints the models himself, and then sends them to you (Which actually come un finished, so I sent them to Anz for that job)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: My Prints by Christopher Chavez   My Prints by Christopher Chavez EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 9:23 pm

Thank you cheers
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: My Prints by Christopher Chavez   My Prints by Christopher Chavez EmptyTue Oct 01, 2024 2:52 am

Now for the incresingly popular Stegorous.

If im not mistaken, this is the same sculpt that he created for Paleozoo (or is it Dinozoo? All I know is it was some short lived resin model brand that originated from Chile and their first model was a Kaatedocus)

The model colors were originally going to be inspired by this painting here by Christopher Diapazzia

But I decided to turn the yellow to green, and make all the Scutes look danger Red

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: My Prints by Christopher Chavez   My Prints by Christopher Chavez EmptySat Oct 12, 2024 3:15 am

Next up

New to the Collection

Stegosaurus stenops

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: My Prints by Christopher Chavez   My Prints by Christopher Chavez EmptySat Oct 12, 2024 10:15 am

Could you tell us the scale of each of them ?
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My Prints by Christopher Chavez   My Prints by Christopher Chavez EmptySat Oct 12, 2024 4:19 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Could you tell us the scale of each of them ?

"...3D prints by Christopher Chavez

These are prehistoric Animal models printed in resin and are finished by a artist who was avalible for the job. They are all in 1:35 Scale. Plus they range from very tiny, to gigantic..."
 geek

Last edited by Bloodrayne on Sat Oct 12, 2024 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: My Prints by Christopher Chavez   My Prints by Christopher Chavez EmptySat Oct 12, 2024 5:05 pm

Of course! Silly me 😂
Thank you Simone
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: My Prints by Christopher Chavez   My Prints by Christopher Chavez EmptySat Oct 12, 2024 6:05 pm

These are very impressive; thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: My Prints by Christopher Chavez   My Prints by Christopher Chavez EmptySat Oct 12, 2024 9:54 pm

Next Up is a long Horned Triceratops

This is By Far, my largest model in the Collection Yet[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Prints by Christopher Chavez   My Prints by Christopher Chavez Empty

Back to top Go down

My Prints by Christopher Chavez
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Non toy animal items-
Jump to: