Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Little Nayab birds

Go down 
+10
QuollMate
jarda
WILLYBACOMAN
Sergey
HKHollinstone
widukind
Kikimalou
Philter4
SUSANNE
Sumo
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Little Nayab birds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Nayab birds   Little Nayab birds - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 1:04 am

Sergey wrote:
widukind wrote:
Sergey wrote:
widukind wrote:

Thats very nice!! Congratulation. Do you know also the other birds?

...Uppps... No! Sad Sad Only one more fregate (on the pics too).

This kind of unknown animal figurines are very interesting for. Small animals in not often species. Do you know the name- or only pen-caps birds? Very Happy Very Happy

...No, no Andreas! Neutral I don,t know the brand. I,ve bought this 3 birds (woodpecker, fregate and penguin) in the book shop of Vladivostok in.... 1993-94... :)

Sad Sad Thank you !!!!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Little Nayab birds   Little Nayab birds - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 1:04 pm

widukind wrote:
Sergey wrote:
widukind wrote:

I cant answer!!! I cant find this birds!! But i think, kiki have all PV animals in his stack and so nobody can find that. Laughing Laughing Laughing Sad Sad Sad

Which brand is the woodpecker under the caracara?

It,s a secret brand Andreas!!! Laughing Laughing Wink It,s a pen cap from the series "pen caps - birds " (unknown brand - made in china). I have one more - penguin. :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thats very nice!! Congratulation. Do you know also the other birds?

The woodpecker looks a lot like the NEW RAY woodpecker Wink

About PVs... poor Kiki Sad My stack is half empty and I suffer a lot... A carcara I love you drunken
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Little Nayab birds   Little Nayab birds - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:01 pm

Very nice birds Sumo!
And a good determination by Phil as the Go away bird! Laughing
The sound he makes really sounds like he is yelling that, haha. Very Happy

Tapirback is the best in opening up sets and tubes, and selling species one by one, to make more money... Shocked Rolling Eyes

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Little Nayab birds   Little Nayab birds - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:14 pm

As a person who buys tubes just to get one or two models, I don't mind that in the slightest. :)
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

PostSubject: Re: Little Nayab birds   Little Nayab birds - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:45 pm

Well, I'm back from London and my Nayab bird collection has exploded. Very Happy
At the NHM - which, BTW, is not a very good place to go model shopping - they nonetheless had a 12-pack of the bigger birds: pelican, stork, flamingo, cockatoo, macaw, toucan, eagle, falcon, duck, swan, owl, and my keenly sought after andean condor! All the models are nice, but some better than others (it is hard to do anything new and interesting with a swan). The macaw is a real work of art, beautifully detailed and in a great pose, and I love the raptors. Most are serious repaint prospects though, the "white" ones are yellowish for the most part and there's quite a bit of overspray.
Like most of the NHM models they had the Toyway logo - yet another reason why it's so hard to search for these unbranded models.
Pics once I get home!
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

PostSubject: Re: Little Nayab birds   Little Nayab birds - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 8:00 am

Once again I find myself in need of assistance: you peerless paragons of ornithology, what's the bird on the left supposed to be? The photo came out a little blurry, but hopefully you get the general gist. It has longish legs tucked underneath, and a fully feathered head with a short beak. Looks galliform, but that's as specific as I can get. Obviously, the colors are not an accurate guide to identification... Rolling Eyes
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And yet again I've found a bird that (AFAIK) has never existed in model form before: the anhinga, or snakeneck bird. I've seen this model described as both a cormorant and a goose, but it's pretty clear from the pose what species it's meant to represent. Way to go, anonymous Chinese model designer! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Little Nayab birds   Little Nayab birds - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 9:04 am

Maybe a pheasant? The tail looks pheasant'ish scratch

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Little Nayab birds   Little Nayab birds - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:29 am

Some kind of Pterocles (sandgrouse)? But the colors are unnatural...
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Little Nayab birds   Little Nayab birds - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 5:04 pm

Yes, you are maybe right Sumo in case of wanting just a few of these models, then Tapirback is the place indeed! Laughing

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Little Nayab birds   Little Nayab birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 9:50 pm

Hello! I really love your swamp birds pond display!
I am familiar with the brand,and have a couple of ducks from them,the rand with all the neat geese and ducks? The ones that look like they are on the water.I am planning on updating my bird collection and I know they have many on amazon and sell them at my local hunting store.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Little Nayab birds   Little Nayab birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:07 pm

I know this topic is old, but I just wanted to comment on something. You mentioned painting your woodpecker into an ivory bill version which was thought to be extinct. I watched a NOVA (company/brand) documentary about woodpeckers a while ago and they said they have actually found a population of them. Just as an FYI. Wink :)
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Little Nayab birds   Little Nayab birds - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 1:25 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I know this topic is old, but I just wanted to comment on something. You mentioned painting your woodpecker into an ivory bill version which was thought to be extinct. I watched a NOVA (company/brand) documentary about woodpeckers a while ago and they said they have actually found a population of them. Just as an FYI. Wink :)

Yeah, very good news for me- and for the woodpecker!!! That was one of 2 extinct animal species in my collection (with 2 Thylacines) but now cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Little Nayab birds   Little Nayab birds - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 6:37 am

I have this model and think its a very poor attempt at a ring necked pheasant!:) :) 
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Little Nayab birds   Little Nayab birds - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:07 am

Thank you Andreas, if I remember right they found a small colony somewhere in the south of the U.S. I want to say Florida but that may be wrong. As far as the mystery bird, I would say something like a pheasant as well.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Little Nayab birds   Little Nayab birds - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:39 pm

go away bird! thanks! Now i can repaint mine!

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: Little Nayab birds   Little Nayab birds - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:07 pm

Very Happy 

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Little Nayab birds   Little Nayab birds - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 8:44 pm

I adore the NewRay ducks. I think I am getting them for Christmas.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little Nayab birds   Little Nayab birds - Page 2 Empty