Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  

 

 The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 46
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 27169

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:13 am

Oh, you have a Magdelene in your collection! Hurray for Britains! cheers Congrats! :)
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore
Age : 50
Joined : 2010-04-04
Posts : 5424

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:24 am

Nice flamingo! bounce bounce

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 35478

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 3:38 am

Many many thanks my firends!! Very Happy Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia
Age : 63
Joined : 2010-11-04
Posts : 4290

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 4:28 am

:) :)

This flamingo is beautiful, Andreas.

I seem that flamingos have magic.

Congarats.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 35478

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 7:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
:) :)

This flamingo is beautiful, Andreas.

I seem that flamingos have magic.

Congarats.


Thank you very much Fernando!! Very Happy Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA
Age : 66
Joined : 2010-06-26
Posts : 952

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:56 pm


Congratulations on your Britains!

They are very nice.
I would love to see more photos of Britains.

I have seen on ebay the metal ones... lead figures?

Are the plastic Britains from the same mold?

I would like to see the Elephants with the other African animals to really be able to see the size difference between figures.
Anyone have one to show?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 35478

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Congratulations on your Britains!

They are very nice.
I would love to see more photos of Britains.

I have seen on ebay the metal ones... lead figures?

Are the plastic Britains from the same mold?

I would like to see the Elephants with the other African animals to really be able to see the size difference between figures.
Anyone have one to show?


Thank you very much!!! Sorry, i cant help you, i have no elephants. Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 58
Joined : 2010-03-29
Posts : 6088

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Nice Andreas! I think I'm collecting Britains! I've received a nice amount from Martien and fall in love with these figures, there is something Magic in them, I cannot explain!
For example, my Indian rhino, even with the horn broken looks absolutly fantastic! I love the way they sculpted the foulded parts, proportions, the way back drops, the heavy body, etc! In my opinion it is much better than the Schleich, sorry, it's only my opinion!
...and the giraffe??? It looks like a real adult with fantastic legs... and the large hippo... Sorry, but there's something special with Britains even almost unpainted! Wink

I thought, i did send you a rhino with not broken horns a while ago? Rolling Eyes

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 58
Joined : 2010-03-29
Posts : 6088

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:03 pm

Sue, all of the Britains models are 1:32 in scale, maybe some minor differences, but still... Rolling Eyes
You can trust completely on that! Cool
The biggest are the African elephants, the smallest is the platypus, just 1 cm...
It is only in older catalogues up to 1968 by the way... Rolling Eyes
The older series are called vintage, and the newer are called deetail, but some of the older models are better still... farao
Like the sable-antelope for example, the model is more accurate with shorter horns.
Painting models was not the strongest point on 1970's models, but the lines are not bad. Cool

Some of the moulds date back to the 1950's, made in metall(lead) indeed, but when plastics came on, they switched to that, as they found out, that lead was poisoness for children.
So many of the models are there in lead already to, i have some examples of that.
To use lead was very common from the 1940's to the late 1960's. Rolling Eyes


_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 46
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 27169

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Nice Andreas! I think I'm collecting Britains! I've received a nice amount from Martien and fall in love with these figures, there is something Magic in them, I cannot explain!
For example, my Indian rhino, even with the horn broken looks absolutly fantastic! I love the way they sculpted the foulded parts, proportions, the way back drops, the heavy body, etc! In my opinion it is much better than the Schleich, sorry, it's only my opinion!
...and the giraffe??? It looks like a real adult with fantastic legs... and the large hippo... Sorry, but there's something special with Britains even almost unpainted! Wink

I thought, i did send you a rhino with not broken horns a while ago? Rolling Eyes

Yes, you've sent me a beautiful rhino with a complete horn but only one once it is a Indian! Laughing
This comment was writte a long time ago, have you watched the date! affraid :)

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 58
Joined : 2010-03-29
Posts : 6088

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:00 pm

geek scratch

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 35478

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:11 pm

My new zebra - thanks Kiki again:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 46
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 27169

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:24 am

New? A English zebra in your species collection. Are you collecting 1:32 figures? :)

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 35478

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 6:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
New? A English zebra in your species collection. Are you collecting 1:32 figures? :)

Thank you!!! Yes, english zebras are really a special specie. lol! lol!
Yes, my favourite scale is 1:32, but in this scale you cant find all species from animal figurines. lol! lol!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 46
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 27169

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 6:39 am

Laughing Laughing
Andreas, you cannot find all species even using all the scales possible. What I mean is: considering that your favourite scale is 1:32, why don't you try to find the maximal number of species in this scale and use larger scales only for very small species or those that you cannot find in 1:32 scale?
For example, species smaller than a wild boar are very hard to find in 1:32 scale, so you can try in 1:24 or or larger. So you will have a huge collection of species in relative proportion being the exceptions those you can't find in that scale. Also remember that as long as we are in a forum we are always surprised with new figures, remember what happened with the Jeol bushpig? Very Happy
So you have to goals in your collection, not only to collect different species as also to find those who fits better in your favourite scale. Not the frogs! Laughing
Of course I don't intend to tell you what you should collect but probably 1:32 is the scale in which you can find more species. Idea Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 35478

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 7:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Laughing Laughing
Andreas, you cannot find all species even using all the scales possible. What I mean is: considering that your favourite scale is 1:32, why don't you try to find the maximal number of species in this scale and use larger scales only for very small species or those that you cannot find in 1:32 scale?
For example, species smaller than a wild boar are very hard to find in 1:32 scale, so you can try in 1:24 or or larger. So you will have a huge collection of species in relative proportion being the exceptions those you can't find in that scale. Also remember that as long as we are in a forum we are always surprised with new figures, remember what happened with the Jeol bushpig? Very Happy
So you have to goals in your collection, not only to collect different species as also to find those who fits better in your favourite scale. Not the frogs! Laughing
Of course I don't intend to tell you what you should collect but probably 1:32 is the scale in which you can find more species. Idea Very Happy


Yes i know what you mean. But not only the scale is important for me, of the same level is the look. How natural or detailed is the figurine. And last but not least: it is a puzzle? But most important is the specie.
I start my collection in the GDR with VEB Plaho and this animals was smaller. I built as child often a zoo and think now i do it again (in my head). So i like this scale more but now are the new animal figurines bigger.
So i like the K&M animals, but they are not so much natural, here are the main brands much better.
A good example is the sable, i have the PV and the Britains sable, but i think the new sable by Mojo looks better.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 46
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 27169

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 10:47 am

Andreas, I got your idea. :)
Modern figures are usually more detailed because they are larger and almost always better painted. Not always better sculpted or with better proportions. :)
But we are seeing a kind of little revolution in these 2 last years where modern brands are walking towards the realism and it is hard not to collect them.
I can see it in my Mojo Iberian lynx, almost an anti-toy. It was not sculpted thinking in what a children would love to see but indeed to look like an Iberian lynx. And I haven't found yet a vintage lion better than Mojo's or a vintage lioness better than Papo's. So I understand your options and even I'm a little addicted with 1:32 scale I will continue collecting these stupend new figures from modern brands.
Remember that the Mojo sable is a giant sable while the Safari is a common sable and as they are different subspecies it would interest to you.
A little question? Does the PV sable fits with the Britains one? In Kiki website it looks only a little smaller! Suspect SuspectVery Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-29
Posts : 1650

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:54 am

So Britain's 1:32, so what are the Papo big cats(King of the Jungle Lion, Lionesses, Tigers, Leopards and Jag)?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 35478

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 8:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Andreas, I got your idea. :)
Modern figures are usually more detailed because they are larger and almost always better painted. Not always better sculpted or with better proportions. :)
But we are seeing a kind of little revolution in these 2 last years where modern brands are walking towards the realism and it is hard not to collect them.
I can see it in my Mojo Iberian lynx, almost an anti-toy. It was not sculpted thinking in what a children would love to see but indeed to look like an Iberian lynx. And I haven't found yet a vintage lion better than Mojo's or a vintage lioness better than Papo's. So I understand your options and even I'm a little addicted with 1:32 scale I will continue collecting these stupend new figures from modern brands.
Remember that the Mojo sable is a giant sable while the Safari is a common sable and as they are different subspecies it would interest to you.
A little question? Does the PV sable fits with the Britains one? In Kiki website it looks only a little smaller! Suspect SuspectVery Happy

And than also the asiatic brands. If i see the Kaiyodo birdtales or Aquatales serie or the Yujin animals, the are really nothing for childrens. scratch lol!

Thanks for the tip with the Mojo sable, now i need the more. Very Happy

Here is also a pic from the PV sable (yes, any smaller) with the Britains zebra:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL
Age : 33
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 10014

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:20 pm

Congratulations Andreas! Very very nice zebra Very Happy

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
New model horse photoshow! Winter Fun Photoshow
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 35478

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 4:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Congratulations Andreas! Very very nice zebra Very Happy

Thank you Anna!! Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 46
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 27169

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:40 am

Thanks Andreas for the comparison picture! The pv sable has an interesting pose.
Japanese figures have indeed a different philosophy. I don't know them enough to judge but they are not playful! It is nice to see a increasing realism in brands cheaper than the Japanese brands! :)

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 35478

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thanks Andreas for the comparison picture! The pv sable has an interesting pose.
Japanese figures have indeed a different philosophy. I don't know them enough to judge but they are not playful! It is nice to see a increasing realism in brands cheaper than the Japanese brands! :)

Oh yes, i think we will have a lot of phantastic new objects for our collections! Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England
Age : 64
Joined : 2012-04-10
Posts : 1221

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
my new flamingo:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also available with the base in blue.

BTW the tan base was also used for the baboon and the blue base for the polar bear cub.

When the polar bear cub posed was released in brown the base used was the tan one.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England
Age : 64
Joined : 2012-04-10
Posts : 1221

The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


I have seen on ebay the metal ones... lead figures?

Are the plastic Britains from the same mold?


Britains presented their Zoo range of animal figures in the 1930's. So yes some of the Britains animals were re-issued from the late 1950's in plastic. Others like the African elephant were from new moulds gradually introduced throughout the 1960's.

Some of Britains lead production like the wart hog and snake did not make it into plastic.

Hope this helps.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
Sponsored content




The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo   The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
The Britains Ltd animals in my zoo
Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Vintage Companies (Plastic, rubber, lead, composition, masse...) :: BRITAINS and UK companies-
Jump to: