Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Indian remodel

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

Indian remodel Empty
PostSubject: Indian remodel   Indian remodel EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 2:37 pm

I have been working on several projects, the most time consuming is a 3 part tutorial on making trees for dioramas for a military diorama and modelling club, but also I have been making trees and small sections for a model railroad layout that also takes a lot of my time. In between these projects I have also been remodelling the river bank, I am just now getting the final seals on the edge so it is water proof. Even though I use Magic Water, it is still a liquid when I pour it and it is a lot harder to clean up then water when it leaks out of the river!

At the same time I have decided to shorten and remove most of the long grass, for those of you who don't remember or have not followed the posts I have made it was going to be a scrub scene with chital and black buck on the edge of a forest. The thing is I started making so many tropical forest type trees and plants that now it is a rain forest type scene along a small river or creek flowing through it. Here was the center of the diorama as it was before the start of this new look,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and here is that same area, it is a close up but you can see the long grass has been mostly removed and the foliage has been clumped together like an unattended, overgrown garden might look.

These are two wider shots of the same area, in the back of the second photo you can see the new tree I made, it is not any particular species like so many that I do make, but it is the finished tree from the tutorial that I wrote.

Here is a photo of the old rivers edge,

and this is what the new river will look like, I am still in the process of changing everything over, most but not all of the reeds are in place, and I have just started putting the grass and algae that will edge the rock and sand bank, but the photos show the general look.

When the river is done the whole left bank will be about 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) higher and there will be a sandy beach about 1/2 way down the photo in front of the large rock that is back away from the edge. There will be sand, dirt and short grass that will blend into the forest all the way up to the back of the rocks making up the new bank. I am also going to have lotus, red water lilies and water lettuce growing along the banks, still a lot of work to go so look for some more posts and photos later in the summer/fall...
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Indian remodel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel   Indian remodel EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 5:00 pm

Gosh ! Shocked
The improvement is just amazing cheers

It is like it has come alive , it is so fascinating to follow how your diorama develops from "plants" to "jungle" Very Happy Very Happy

Thankyou for sharing more of your progrees, I can`t wait to see next chapter og "The Jungle Book" drunken
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Indian remodel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel   Indian remodel EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 7:51 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou for sharing more of your progrees, I can`t wait to see next chapter of "The Jungle Book" drunken
Me neither!
It looks so beautiful Phil, I love the first three photos cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

Indian remodel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel   Indian remodel Empty

Back to top Go down

Indian remodel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Dioramas & Outdoor photos-