Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hunter Dan - Deer Collection

Go down 
+8
WILLYBACOMAN
Mastiffcat
baltimore zoo
HKHollinstone
Sergey
SUSANNE
widukind
apichartu
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
apichartu

apichartu

Country/State : Thailand

Hunter Dan - Deer Collection Empty
PostSubject: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:52 pm

This is my Hunder Dan - Deer Collection. I had 5 deers (not included Pronghorn Antelope).

Package:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Group photo:

The Beatty Buck

The Lovstuen Buck

The Hanson Buck

Whitetail Deer

Mule Deer

Mule Deer is special one witih velvet antlers

Size comparison with Schleich & Papo Stag

Although Hunter Dan's deer is too large compare to Schleich & Papo. But it is more slender especially the legs.

Hope you like them !!! Very Happy :) Very Happy

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:57 pm

Oh thank you. I see a lot of deer species- i need them!!!!!!!!! But really big. scratch Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by widukind on Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:30 pm

They are just marvellous Very Happy
The antlers of the beatty- and lovstuen bucks are fabulous, SO impressive figueres.

And the mule dear with velvet on the antlers, - we call it "bast" in Danish, the stuff they antlers wear while they grow. What a brilliant and unusual detail !

Those deer are incredibly wonderful, and the pictures great and informative, 1000 thankyou for sharing flower sunny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:12 pm

apichartu wrote:
This is my Hunder Dan - Deer Collection. I had 5 deers (not included Pronghorn Antelope)
...........Hope you like them !!! Very Happy :) Very Happy

Thank you very "apichartu"... I,ve saw the models of this brand on the 1-st time... scratch scratch They are beautiful! cheers Wink

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:42 pm

They are lovely, wonderful collection - I'm jealous Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:02 pm

Looks like the collection's worth a few bucks...
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:26 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Looks like the collection's worth a few bucks...

Laughing Laughing Laughing rendeer
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 2:50 pm

Do you know how many different deers they produced? scratch
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 3:26 pm

widukind wrote:
There's a mountain elk

Back to top Go down
apichartu

apichartu

Country/State : Thailand

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 4:50 pm

Yes, I also had it. But it's very big like giant deer. cyclops cyclops No

So I didn't post its together with others.
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:54 am

I like these deer very much, but it disgusts me that someone created a line of beautiful animals just for the purpose of teaching children that killing is a game.

If someone must hunt to feed their family, then it must be, but then treat it like the serious business it is, not a game for fun and certainly not some measure of your prowess.

I see photos of people in camoflage, with high powered rifles with sights, and they look all happy and so proud of themselves, and i think, what are you proud of-- killing a defenseless herbivore with 21st century warfare without even getting close enough to risk any injury yourself. Cowards.
Let's see one of those tough guys take on a bull moose up close and without all their army gear.
And don't get me started on people who shoot animals from helicopters and think it's sport.

makes me sick.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:08 am

I couldn`t agree more, Carolynn Suspect

Fortunately hunting from cars - or helicopters affraid is strictly forbidden here.
What are they thinking about Mad
They should stick to computer games, - and if they need exersize they can go out and help some old people with their house and gardens and shopping !!!!!!

Of course hunting is neccesary in a country like Denmark. The deer don`t have any natural enimies, and there can be so many that they stress and die from ilness, - or starve.
I know hunters who know each and every animal in their land, and who most of the time only go "hunting" to enjoy the sight of them. At the right time of the year they plan carefully which animals are "surplus" and THEN they go hunting.

Last year a guy almost got lynched here, because he shot the leading hind in a flock. One of the other hunters almost had tears in his eyes when he told me how the other hinds and kids were totally confused when their matron fell.
They would have been easy targets then, but nobody shot at them, of course.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:19 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
widukind wrote:
There's a mountain elk

Lets go- hunter Andreas. Catch the deers.Laughing

Last edited by widukind on Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:42 am

I really love these models, they are great in sculpt. :)
But i must agree for the full 100% on hunting for so called sport, it hurts me deep inside! Evil or Very Mad
You don't want to know which kind of discussions i had with some guys which did put their hunting sessions on youtube, who hunted down animals in Africa not only with guns, but with very high powered bows to, as if this is more brave or what...
They dared to compare it with killing cows, pigs and fowl, which we breed for food...
This says something about the intelligence of these guys... silent
I hate them, and i hope i never get to see these actions before my eyes, or the hunt will go in another direction, i swear! Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
I know that it is allowed to kill some wildlife to regulate some animal populations. But weren't we the species that took over their enviroment, were they regulated themselfs before, like everything in nature does normally??? Shocked

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:15 am

widukind wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
widukind wrote:
There's a mountain elk

Lets go- hunter Andreas. Laughing
Laughing

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 3:02 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I really love these models, they are great in sculpt. :)
But i must agree for the full 100% on hunting for so called sport, it hurts me deep inside! Evil or Very Mad
You don't want to know which kind of discussions i had with some guys which did put their hunting sessions on youtube, who hunted down animals in Africa not only with guns, but with very high powered bows to, as if this is more brave or what...
They dared to compare it with killing cows, pigs and fowl, which we breed for food...
This says something about the intelligence of these guys... silent
I hate them, and i hope i never get to see these actions before my eyes, or the hunt will go in another direction, i swear! Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
I know that it is allowed to kill some wildlife to regulate some animal populations, But weren't we the species that took over their enviroment, were they regulated themselfs before, like everything in nature does normally??? Shocked

Oh yes, you are right. Any forester are important and have a big charge. But any rich hunter and high sea angler is this a cool job- brutal.
You know our first wolves in germany- in the first time any hunter says they must shot. Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 3:35 pm

[quote="widukind"]
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I really love these models, they are great in sculpt. :) ........

...And by the way there are some another nice models on the site... :)

P.S. ...And I don,t like "hunters" (animal-killers) too! Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Sergey on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 4:13 pm

Those are ALSo gorgeous, wow Shocked

If only we did not have that Mad Mad Mad etc import tax here Crying or Very sad

But I can enjoy the pictures cheers
Thanks, Sergey flower
Back to top Go down
remrock02

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:27 pm

This brand also has the elk and black bear that Sergey showed. They also make a wild turkey and two different black labs. They are easy to get in the USA.

I am personally not a hunter, but we have a very similar problem as stated in Denmark. I live in a state just larger than the country of Greece. We have over 1.5 million white tailed deer. You can drive within 10 km of my house at dusk or dawn and see well over 200 deer. Having twins and triplets is more common than a single fawn. If you drive the major east west expressway in my state you will easily see 30 to 40 dead deer from car accidents. We have to have a large deer hunting season because of the large number of deer. There are no predators left in the southern half of my state. We have wolves in the northern part where the deer population is under control.

For anyone who is interested the black bear, elk, turkey, mule deer, and white tailed deer they are available at cabellas and gander mountain stores in the USA. If someone outside of USA wants to know current prices I can let them know and would be able to get them for you. I can also let you shipping cost. PM me if you are interested.

Last edited by remrock02 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:39 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
does the import tax apply to gifts? say if it were sent to you wrapped in 'happy birthday' paper?

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:11 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
does the import tax apply to gifts? say if it were sent to you wrapped in 'happy birthday' paper?
Oooohh, we have fantastic law about that...
We don't pay import taxes if the merchandise is sent by a person (or a company) and if it's not worth more than 25E. If it's sent by a person (NOT by a company), and if it's stated that it's a gift, the package can be worth up to 45E. The silly thing is - those figures are with shipping included, so - if a package is from the United States and shipping is 20E, the goods itself can't be over 5E if I want to dodge the customs Shocked Sad

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:42 pm

The law in Denmark is similar to the one in Serbia as to gifts. I am not sure, but the limit for gifts is app 80 dollars, - included postage too Mad Mad

But there is no lower limit when it is a purchase. You have to pay 25% VAT ( incl postage again), 15 % import duty, an a fixed amount of 150 DKK for "handling" (app 30 $) affraid

So in principle, if I buy something for 30 dollar, 10 dollar shipping, they charge 10 $ VAT, 7,50 import duty and 30 $ "handling".

Total 87,50 $ for 30 $ worth of goods Sad

I have often wondered why they bother to open and control a relatively cheap box of plastic toys.
But ok, if it takes them 10 minutes and they earn over 40 $, it is a reasonable earning per hour Rolling Eyes

But Carolynn is right, a Happy Birthday present of reasonable value is ok Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:58 am

Shocked affraid

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:45 am

In germany the duty controlled all letters and packages. Under 25 Euro you can send without problems. If you have luck, for more. So if you send 1 or 2 expensive animals, the members of the duty dont know the price. But if you become a package with any animals (also under the price of 25Euro), you must have a bill and than you pay a lot of money (19% of the price) again.

But i dont know if the reglement if you become a gift over 25 Euro.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 1:11 am

This "problem" could be easily solved by sending the original bill by normal letter-post, and inside the package a "fake" bill under the limit of the amount in that particular country, i am pretty sure the seller will do that, he wants to make business... Wink

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Dan - Deer Collection   Hunter Dan - Deer Collection Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunter Dan - Deer Collection
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next