Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to pack my collection?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Siobhan

Siobhan

Country/State : Tampere, Finland

How to pack my collection? Empty
PostSubject: How to pack my collection?   How to pack my collection? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 4:58 pm

... so that my horses don't get scratches, bent legs, missing ears etc? If any of you happen to have experience of moving houses with your collections, I would be glad to hear your advice!
Here's the situation: I moved out of my parents' house in August and left my collection behind because there is no room for my horses here. However, now my parents are also moving to a much smaller house (they find it unnecessary to live all by themselves in a big house like that, as both of their children are on their own now). Unfortunately, there will be no room for my horses in THEIR new house either Sad So I will have to pack them away and store them in a storage room at my dad's office, which isn't nice, but at least I don't have to sell my collection... So, how do I pack them away so that when I get to unpack them again, they will be in nice condition?
Back to top Go down
JackyLovertjex

JackyLovertjex

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: How to pack my collection?   How to pack my collection? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:24 pm

I always use washcloths when i'm making pictures and i have to carry my horses with me. It works fine with me :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: How to pack my collection?   How to pack my collection? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:32 pm

I have found that the best is to do like the manufacturers do : Some cardboard between the legs or/and antlers for support, and then each one in a little plastic bag.

Instead of plastic bags you can put them in layers with bouble plast, so they don`t touch each other.
Make sure it is not too hot where they are stored, as the plastic bends easily at high temperatures.

Do NOT pack them directly in foam plast-nuggets ( "chips") for a long time.
I did that once with my elefants, and the white plastic stuck to them, and it is impossible to get off again affraid Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Nasusa

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: How to pack my collection?   How to pack my collection? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:48 pm

You can put your horses in a shoe box or something like that and safe them under your bed. Let them stand, do not let them lie down. Just one row horses, do not put someone on the top of the other horses. If you haven't much place, put box on box, not horse on horse. Just to be safe, you can pack in your schleich in plastic protect foil, wich is used to protect glass from scratches.
I safe half of my collection with this method, because I haven't enough place to show them all. I use this system already for a long time and I haven't had any problems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to pack my collection?   How to pack my collection? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to pack my collection?
Page 1 of 1