Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-)

Go down 
+2
Vivien
SUSANNE
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-) Empty
PostSubject: A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-)   A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-) EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:48 pm

App 50 km from where I live there is a small city called Randers.
People have probably lived here since the stone age, but it is still only a city with 60.000 citicens.
So app 15 years ago, when some enthusiast collectors of reptiles and snakes declared they would make a "rainforest" , we all thought they had gone mad !

But they have made a wonderful place out of it. You can see pictures of it from outside here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
You can click on English text, but there are no pictures.

Yesterday afternoon my son and I decided to go have a look. On a Fridey there probably wouldn`t be many visitors. We have not been there for perhaps 5 - 6 years, and we were enormously pleasantly surprised how it had developed.

Here are some pictures we took. I am sorry for the poor quality, the light was not good, some of the animals were behind glass - and I completely forgot to take pictures of all the incredibly handsome snakes, - all I could do was stare !

But some pictures did come out of it Very Happy

The first one we met was this wonderful, fuzzy guy . Does anyone know the name of the species ?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He and his family seemed to find us just as entertaining as we found them, the little boy here was very interesting Wink

It was almost impossible to take pictures through glass, but even if it is a lousy picture, I can`t resist showing you thi HUGE black piranha. They lived happyly together with a lot of other fish and two large, fat manatees

There were all sorts of lovely birds flying and hopping and waddling round between us :

Leaf-cutting ants. They cut neat bits of leaves from a place especially made for them, and carried them along a rope, through tubes and down to their home far down in a tunnel. There was glass so we could see how they were tending their ”gardens” of little fungus !

Leguans, I think, basking in the brances

Huge crocs in ponds :

Croc-babies

A little flock of porcupines

The most beautyful little monkey, - a sort of tamarin ?

Oooooh, and lovely, beautyful colobus-monkeys !!!
I have read that they are very difficult to keep in captivity, but these also had a baby borne in April !

And Aardwarks !
I think I took 20 pictures, but they expertly turned their fat behinds to me at the split second I pressed the button Laughing
At last, however I managed to cheat one of them Laughing

But perhaps the most lovely of them all : A prevost`s Squirrel cheers I love you I love you
I have so often admired this gorgeous beautyful creature on pictures, but there he was, havving his afternoon tea right in fromt of us

My son expertly snatched the camera from me and even made a small video .
If you click the little square at the bottom right of the picture, you can see the lovely critter full screen [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Vivien

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-)   A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-) EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:14 pm

Lovely Pictures Susanne!! cheers In our Zoo is also a Prevost Squirrel,I just love this animal!!!In German it is called "Schönhörnchen" not without cause. Very Happy The animal in the first photo is a White-Faced Saci,also in our Zoo.The"most beautiful
monkey"is called "Lion Tamarin",very good photo!! :)
Gosh!!! affraid affraid This Piranha is scary,I wonder why he don't eat the other fishes!!!
Now I have a cause to come to Denmark. Wink
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-)   A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-) EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:41 pm

What for a wonderful zoo and for you a wonderful afternoon. cheers cheers

first and second pic is a white-faced saki and yes the monkey other is a tamarin. study

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
smithyboy

smithyboy

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-)   A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-) EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Great zoo, and can you imagine a white-faced Saki as a figure.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-)   A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-) EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:02 am

smithyboy wrote:

, and can you imagine a white-faced Saki as a figure.

cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-)   A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-) EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:11 am

Wow, I have never seen that Squirrel before, he's gorgeous !
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
smithyboy

smithyboy

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-)   A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-) EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:11 am

Maybe ,someone could make one.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-)   A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-) EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:15 am

Thankyou friends, it is so great to share with other animal lovers cheers
And thankyou for helping me identify those monkeys flower

smithyboy wrote:
Great zoo, and can you imagine a white-faced Saki as a figure.

WOW! Yes ! That would be an amazing model Very Happy

Gosh, what brand could make it , - in the old days I would have said Schleich, but I would like to see those gorillas first Wink

Mojo, perhaps...Safari could make one, but I don`t really trust their paintwork...hmmm scratch

...now I know Shocked Very Happy
Harriet or Ana can make a wonderful one bounce bounce cheers

Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-)   A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-) EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:32 am

Wow! Great photos, Susanne! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-)   A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

A wonderful afternoon in Randers Regnskov :-)
Page 1 of 1