Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?

Go down 
+8
Roger
Kiryuha
Ana
Mastiffcat
SUSANNE
dlfrogman
Vivien
Sumo
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? Empty
PostSubject: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:24 pm

I finally found the arctic foxes in a shop yesterday (along with the wolverine and red fox, yay), and they're absolutely lovely. However, I just noticed something odd about the adult: she sparkles. [insert Twilight reference of your choice]. It's not some little bit of glitter that might have rubbed off another figure, but an allover pearlescent sheen to her coat. That's pretty weird, isn't it? Are they all like this?
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:26 pm

Can you post a photo please?? :)
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:31 pm

Unfortunately it doesn't show up on camera (and almost not in artificial light, and I won't have daylight till the weekend).
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:39 pm

is it the red or arctic that sparkles?
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Just the arctic, and - as far as I can tell - only the adult.
The kit has other issues... honestly Schleich, if the model is too small for the stamp to fit on the belly then for pete's sake make a base! Don't put it all over the model's butt and tail! *facepalm*
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:02 pm

That is funny Very Happy

But my fox doesn`t sparkle Sad Wink

I have been sitting with her , turning her in different light, but no ! Laughing
Perhaps tomorrow, we may have sun late in the afternoon, the weatherman says .

But her colour is different from that of the puppy, it is like she has been painted and the baby not scratch

Sumo, I agree 100 % , why do they have to stamp all over the poor little models Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:29 am

How odd. why would they do that to an arctic fox? On a unicorn or flying horse maybe, but a fox? scratch
I hope at least it makes her pretty, instead of silly?

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:33 am

I am getting one soon so I will have to check that out too.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:22 am

Mastiffcat wrote:
How odd. why would they do that to an arctic fox? On a unicorn or flying horse maybe, but a fox? scratch
I hope at least it makes her pretty, instead of silly?

Perhaps it is a magic fox ? Shocked
You should try to make a wish, Sumo cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:24 am

I bought Arctic fox in February and I noticed its pearlescent paint too scratch First i thought it looks strange but later I get use to that and I even like it now Laughing Baby fox not have this shine indeed and has much too much these stamps everywhere Rolling Eyes
But these 2 figures are still wonderful I like them really much, and I'm very sad that there will be no arctic hare this year Sad I like the fact that baby fox can lay or stand in at least 3 different poses, this is so cool Basketball
I took some photos of adult fox last winter but I have some problems with server, so I will try to host them later confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:38 am

ana wrote:

I took some photos of adult fox last winter but I have some problems with server, so I will try to host them later confused

cheers bounce bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:23 am

All the Arctic foxes I saw in shops sparkled too. I think Schleich tried to imitate ice or snow sparkling on the fur...

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:45 pm

Mine is the same, she glitters.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:04 pm

Mine doesn`t Shocked affraid

Gosh, if anyone sees a sparkling fox in a shop, perhaps..please..I mean... Embarassed drunken

Ohh, Roger, that foxy in the picture is just soooooooo cute I love you I love you I love you I love you cat I love you
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:53 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Mine doesn`t Shocked affraid

Gosh, if anyone sees a sparkling fox in a shop, perhaps..please..I mean... Embarassed drunken

Ohh, Roger, that foxy in the picture is just soooooooo cute I love you I love you I love you I love you cat I love you
Wanna swap? I bought mine to repaint, so I don't need a flashy sparklefox! PM me if you're interested. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:09 pm

That is awfully kind of you, Sumo Very Happy flower flower sunny

Only, I a silly about colour variations, so I think I will cling to my "ordinary" fox geek

But thankyou very, very much for your kind offer flower

Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:20 pm

Oh, no probs! Very Happy At least now I know mine isn't such an unusual variation, so I can repaint her in good conscience. I just found a book on vulpine color genetics in the library... Of course its target audience is fur breeders ( Evil or Very Mad ) but it has some lovely photos of unusually-colored foxes, and of course all of these colors may happen in nature as well.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:35 pm

Here are photos of Schleich fox. I don't think that glittering is visible on these photos, thought scratch
But... isn't that fox a pretty figurine? cheers albino Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:37 pm

I like the fox and the pictures, I only don't like the baby! :)
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:20 pm

Wow Anna, they are fabulous photos! They look so real - I love this fox too, you can only see the pearly effect when looking at the figurine up close.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Raptor

Raptor

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:52 am

mine sparkles too but not that much
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:19 am

great photos Very Happy can't wait till mine gets here :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:00 am

Amazing photoes, Ana I love you cheers
They are really, really, really beautyful, you are the great artist in all that you make cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:30 am

Thank You cheers I'm happy You like my photos Harriet, Susanne, Rusty and Roger cheers Very Happy sunny
Thank You so much Susanne for Your words Embarassed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?   Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox? Empty

Back to top Go down

Sparkle sparkle, little... Arctic fox?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next