Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How do you deal with scratches?

Go down 
+6
ezhilan
Sapphire
jarda
SUSANNE
Mastiffcat
Gabe
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

How do you deal with scratches? Empty
PostSubject: How do you deal with scratches?   How do you deal with scratches? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 4:46 am

How do you deal with scratches and other disturbing marks on your figures? (just being curious, for my newly bought figures got some scratches from a rough play from my little cousin... Neutral )

1. If it's a rare figure, I don't mind.

2. Buy a new one to replace it.

3. Depends on the damage.

4. Don't mind about imperfections.

Please choose one or more of the above options.

Thanks

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with scratches?   How do you deal with scratches? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:55 am

all of the above.
it's wonderful if a piece is perfect, but i think use gives a piece character. but it annoys me if i buy a brand new piece and it arrives messed up. like my 1st bullyland ewe which was supposedly brand new, is badly rubbed and has a bad painting flaw (the black paint from her eye smeared and ran down her face). so i just bought another, but really that's the only time i've bought a "replacement" in that i'm planning to 'get rid of' the messed up one. i think i'll try my hand at repainting the original.
i have lots of flawed or damaged pieces. i keep my eyes open to find a better one, but i keep both and have duplicates.
and some times a figure is such a piece of junk i don't care. like my Fugly Brothers. they are such utter crap that i think they are improved by being rubbed and flawed. Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with scratches?   How do you deal with scratches? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 8:57 am

Uhh, it varies.

I mainly aggree with Carronynn, but let me see if I can add something from my later experience scratch

There are models so rare, that you just have no coice if you want them.
Like very old brands, and strangely enough somtimes old ones from Bullyland.
Then I am happy just to get one Very Happy

With "ordinary" Schleich, for instance, very few are REALLY, REALLY rare, and I like the these perfect ( if I can afford it Wink ).
Funny enough I don`t mind scratches so much on the more common ones as on the rare ones. As Carolynn I think it gives them caracter to have had "a life" Laughing
But many bendies and some of the classics ( f.inst. ones not shown in Gascher`s) are so rare that you have to be happy just to get one, - scatches or not.

Like Carolynne, I have scratched models that are so charming that I won`t part with them even if I get more "perfect" ones also.
They are like old teddies, I think the Americans have a lovely description for them : "Much loved " Wink

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with scratches?   How do you deal with scratches? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 9:53 am

Gabe wrote:
How do you deal with scratches and other disturbing marks on your figures? (just being curious, for my newly bought figures got some scratches from a rough play from my little cousin... Neutral )

1. If it's a rare figure, I don't mind.

2. Buy a new one to replace it.

3. Depends on the damage.

4. Don't mind about imperfections.

Please choose one or more of the above options.

Thanks

I have some scatched figures and I am unable to get these ones again with no scratches, so all replies to your question are inspiration for me. Until now I still have no shelves established so I leave all my damaged figures untouched. Some days ago I bought on E-Bay two heavily damaged but very rare figures with some small parts broken and missing. Now I think about some kind of repairment but regarding my zero experience in that area I am not sure with the final effect...
Back to top Go down
Sapphire

Sapphire

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with scratches?   How do you deal with scratches? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 3:24 pm

Most of my figures have scratches/rubs because I got them when I was younger therefor I used to play with them out side,at the barn,in the snow,ect so they had a hard but well used life! Rolling Eyes
I dont mind the scratches on the older ones but when I buy a new one I try my best not to scratch it very much Razz
So I would say it depends on the damage,I will never throw out any or get rid of them but I will buy a new one and just keep the other one poked away.I had them from when I was younger and some were given to me so they have sentimental value Rolling Eyes I love all my figures no matter how imperfect they are,lol 🐰

-Emily cheers

Check out my website..link is down below! :)
Back to top Go down
http://whiterunstables.webs.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with scratches?   How do you deal with scratches? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 3:59 pm

That is the right way !!!!
You are real collector, Emily cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with scratches?   How do you deal with scratches? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 5:46 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
That is the right way !!!!
You are real collector, Emily cheers cheers cheers

Indeed, couldn't agree more. Very Happy Emily is right.

Country/State : india

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with scratches?   How do you deal with scratches? EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:52 pm

all the above and it depends on the figurine availablitiy and ur interset in that particular species.
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with scratches?   How do you deal with scratches? EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:30 pm

furysgirl786 wrote:
Most of my figures have scratches/rubs because I got them when I was younger therefor I used to play with them out side,at the barn,in the snow,ect so they had a hard but well used life! Rolling Eyes
I dont mind the scratches on the older ones but when I buy a new one I try my best not to scratch it very much Razz
So I would say it depends on the damage,I will never throw out any or get rid of them but I will buy a new one and just keep the other one poked away.I had them from when I was younger and some were given to me so they have sentimental value Rolling Eyes I love all my figures no matter how imperfect they are,lol 🐰

-Emily cheers

The same here!

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with scratches?   How do you deal with scratches? EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:27 pm

I have to say after collecting Breyer horses for many years I have become very picky with what I look for in everything I collect. Rolling Eyes One thing I found to remove marks that works great on these little guys is a good old pencil eraser :) as far as collecting Schleich and other small animals I will usually sell any that are too marked up to fix and then just keep my eye out for another better one. I find that Ebay almost always comes thru with something you are looking for if you have the patience. Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with scratches?   How do you deal with scratches? EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 3:46 am

I replace the figurine..... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with scratches?   How do you deal with scratches? EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:20 pm

For me, it's numbers 2 and 3. I really don't mind the imperfections to an extent as I try to fix them. Sometimes, you can't get that rare figure again as they've discontinued it or changed it. I do hate it when I buy one online and when I open the box its scratched. I try to buy them in stores if I can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you deal with scratches?   How do you deal with scratches? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you deal with scratches?
Page 1 of 1