Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why does Papo assembles the parts of the animal? (Look at the body of the pelican or the leg of the Gorilla)

Go down 
+11
Kikimalou
HKHollinstone
Arnaud
orcagirl26
PeGe
Ana
Roger
SUSANNE
ken yeo
widukind
LUkaPerry939
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

Why does Papo assembles the parts of the animal? (Look at the body of the pelican or the leg of the Gorilla) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: ~ Sue   Why does Papo assembles the parts of the animal? (Look at the body of the pelican or the leg of the Gorilla) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 6:49 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:
it sure would be interesting to learn why they do this with some figures. It's a pity because it can spoil an otherwise wonderful figure: the new reindeer for example.

On the other hand, i love that the old "nuclear accident" sheep are pieced together. they're already so stupid looking that the weird construction makes them even funnier. The old ram's horns are glued on, and it looks like maybe even his whole head is. I think the ewe's head is one piece, but her legs are glued on!!!
No wonder their poor lamb looks so confused!

Has anyone had problems with Papo pieces breaking apart at the glue seams? i'm worried about my ewe's legs snapping off.

I would be too. Wonder what kind of glue keeps them together and if it will fall apart in the future? No

~ Sue
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Why does Papo assembles the parts of the animal? (Look at the body of the pelican or the leg of the Gorilla) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why does Papo assembles the parts of the animal? (Look at the body of the pelican or the leg of the Gorilla)   Why does Papo assembles the parts of the animal? (Look at the body of the pelican or the leg of the Gorilla) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:04 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:
it sure would be interesting to learn why they do this with some figures. It's a pity because it can spoil an otherwise wonderful figure: the new reindeer for example.

On the other hand, i love that the old "nuclear accident" sheep are pieced together. they're already so stupid looking that the weird construction makes them even funnier. The old ram's horns are glued on, and it looks like maybe even his whole head is. I think the ewe's head is one piece, but her legs are glued on!!!
No wonder their poor lamb looks so confused!

Has anyone had problems with Papo pieces breaking apart at the glue seams? i'm worried about my ewe's legs snapping off.

I have no problem with that at all. I have seen many companies do that: the reason is, making figs "piece by piece" allows a manufacturer to add many details and make unusual poses. Safari ltd did it with their Hermit Crab (shell, body and limbs all from different molds) and the result is unbeatable. king Their Chinese Dragon also has a lower jaw glued on the upper jaw and that allowed them to represent detailed teeth and flexible-looking tongue. So, does it bother me to see manufacturers making multiple-mold figures? Not at all. queen
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Why does Papo assembles the parts of the animal? (Look at the body of the pelican or the leg of the Gorilla)   Why does Papo assembles the parts of the animal? (Look at the body of the pelican or the leg of the Gorilla) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:32 am

Arnaud wrote:
Thanks, and interesting !
also older ostrich and his legs...

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Why does Papo assembles the parts of the animal? (Look at the body of the pelican or the leg of the Gorilla)   Why does Papo assembles the parts of the animal? (Look at the body of the pelican or the leg of the Gorilla) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:13 pm

All brands assemble parts of their figures. The difference is while in Schleich and Mojo you cannot see the seams in Papo they are easily visible as well in some CollectA and Safari. I can see them in my Safari arctic wolf and also in my CollectA baboon, for example.

PostSubject: Re: Why does Papo assembles the parts of the animal? (Look at the body of the pelican or the leg of the Gorilla)   Why does Papo assembles the parts of the animal? (Look at the body of the pelican or the leg of the Gorilla) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why does Papo assembles the parts of the animal? (Look at the body of the pelican or the leg of the Gorilla)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Papo-
Jump to: