Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus

Go down 
+17
Lasersword1973
Roger
skysthelimit
pawprintzinsnow
ezhilan
ken yeo
baltimore zoo
Mastiffcat
Kikimalou
Sergey
Wildheart
Andy DC
orcagirl26
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
SommoDracorex
Harry
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus   PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:50 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:
Ugly head, ugly tail, ugly legs! That's a very disappointing figure according with the artistic previous figure! I know that the pose is more correct and that it looks like a cartoon for a dino toys animation but I believe it is better in real life, I'm only commenting what I'm seeing here! It looks nobody wants to make an accurate t-rex, are brands afraid of losing customers? Stupid question! scratch Of course they are! geek Well, I don't collect dinosaurs but I hope wild life would be better and not with such conservative choices! Isn't it the 3rd t-rex this year after the giant and scary Mojo and the CollectA killer??? Sad

Looking at the pics we saw here or on DTF, I thought I would never buy this Trex What a Face Ugly head, ugly tail, ugly legs!

But I changed my mind at the second I saw him on the shop display Cool

And now my addiction increase each time I look at him, which I do several times every day I love you

UGLY pics, ugly pics, ugly pics Roger Laughing

This one is better than the previous one, if I didn't think that I would never spent so much money to buy it, even after Xmas Wink

The way he is moving remind me some MOJO African wild dogs figurine, he is on the move and he does it in a very natural way.

I now think I will not buy Trex in 2012... Because I bought this one in 2011 cheers Laughing drunken monkey

Well, that's a good news, if you like it in real and bought it it surely not as bad as it looks. I didn't see DTF pictures yet. I'm not being very friendly with a new figure that I'm only judging by pictures. Maybe I'm reacting to the previous figure, the marine reptile, a very disturbing figure, with a scientific name, that when you presented I thougt it was a joke! Laughing When I see Papo prehistoric figures in local shops I get always impressed, they are very detailed and with caricatural features, very impressive like any dragon or any other fantasy figure in the market. altough I like the singing ceratopsians clones and the allosaurus! :)
Congratulations for your 2011 addition of a 2012 figure:lol: an impressive addition for your Jurassic park geek ... I mean Cretacious! clown Wink cheers
Back to top Go down
LUkaPerry939

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus   PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 11:53 am

:) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LUkaPerry939

PostSubject: new and old   PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 11:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus   PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 3:31 pm

well... another masterpiece in dino collection from Papo... fantastic!!!

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus   PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 4:08 pm

Papo is able of reading children mind with their dinosaurs as Schleich is with their wild life! :) That's the goal of these brands and I recognise their talent. And it looks Papo antecipated it to not loose one more Christmas time! santa
It's hard to understand how it balances! A lot of detail in a bad boy! Evil or Very Mad
Not definitively a Museum line figure but some dino collectors love a fantasy touch in the figures! :)
I remember someone in DTF saying, that Papo dinos are the best because the skin is the largest organ and Papo makes the skin very detailed. geek Laughing
What is interesting is that there are very few information about the skin of t-rexes and many scientists are convinced that they had protofeathers!
Have you bought it? Congratulations! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus   PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:58 pm

Wonderful model cheers

I don`t know as much about them as Roger does, but I have read that Baby- T-Rexes did indeed have feathers Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus   PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:10 pm

:) :)

I like this model. his head and his jaws are really splendid..¡¡¡
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus   PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:43 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Wonderful model cheers

I don`t know as much about them as Roger does, but I have read that Baby- T-Rexes did indeed have feathers Shocked

I'm not an expert Susanne! But try to see a real T-rex skul and you'll see that the head is really wrong, mainly the nose and lower jaws! Try to remember the Papo smilodon, a completly wrong figure but with a nice looking because it remember some animated creations! Very Happy
I also love Donald Duck and Pink Panther and I know they are not accurate depictions of ducks or panthers! pig
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus   PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 9:20 pm

More pics [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink
Back to top Go down
LUkaPerry939

PostSubject: thank you very much   PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 10:38 pm

bounce bounce
Kikimalou wrote:
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus   PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 10:52 pm

lukaleon085 wrote:
bounce bounce
Kikimalou wrote:

So use the link Wink Lukaleon
Back to top Go down
smithyboy

smithyboy

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus   PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:19 am

Looks cool. Very Happy Very Happy

Country/State : india

PostSubject: Re: PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus   PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 3:39 pm

the lower jaw is bad.but really good figurine but late release
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus   PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 2:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

New and repainted Papo tyrannosaurs galore Shocked bounce
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus   PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 3:25 pm

PiltyR wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

New and repainted Papo tyrannosaurs galore Shocked bounce

Thanks Laurasian friends, those who have not a FaceBook acount can [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus   PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PAPO 2012 ANTICIPATION: Tyrannosaurus
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2