Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

newray hunting sets

Go down 
+23
Bonnie
rogerpgvg
pipsxlch
QuollMate
Gulogulo76
Tupolew Tu-154
widukind
Chris Sweetman
scot(t)
pookyhorse
HKHollinstone
skysthelimit
Blublub
Suebeedo
Roger
Philter4
robertelephant
Gabe
SUSANNE
kudu11
Mastiffcat
jhudstone
PeGe
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

newray hunting sets - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:42 pm

Really wonderful!!! cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Blublub

Blublub

Country/State : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Thanks everybody. I'm holding copies for the people who PM'ed me and unfortunately don't have any full sets left at the moment.

Here's the list of who I'm holding for:

- Roger: Canada Goose (wings spread) and Wood Duck (wings spread)
- Harriet: Elk and flying pheasant
- Robert: Full Set
- Susanne: Full Set
- Andreas: Canada Goose swimming
- Jarda: female mallard flying and elk

If I missed anyone please let me know. I'm a bit behind in responding to those above with my trade list - I'll try to catch up this weekend.

Here's what's still available, PM me if interested in any of these:

Moose
Small pronghorn grazing
Small pronghorn running
Deer male
Deer female
Deer fawn
Mallard male standing
Mallard male flying
Mallard male swimming
Mallard female swimming
Wood duck swimming
Canada goose swimming - neck outstretched
Canada goose landing
Pheasant standing upright
Pheasant looking backwards
Pheasant crouching

Thanks!

Last edited by Blublub on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:20 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:57 pm

Thanks for all the photos Lance!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 11:41 pm

Thanks for saving the Canada goose for me, if you still have the wood duck with spreed wings available please join it to my little list! :)

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 2:18 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:
these toys are to teach children that killing animals is fun so that they can grow up to be big brave hunters.

i cannot imagine that these are bought by anyone other than those who hunt.

You are right. Toys like this are only for hunters or for children with much imagination and fantasia.
I had toys like this in my childhood, but i playing that the men are evil and tried to kill the animals, but they always failed and get defeated by the animals.
Back to top Go down
Blublub

Blublub

Country/State : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:13 pm

Paka wrote:
Mastiffcat wrote:
these toys are to teach children that killing animals is fun so that they can grow up to be big brave hunters.

You are right. Toys like this are only for hunters or for children with much imagination and fantasia.
I had toys like this in my childhood, but i playing that the men are evil and tried to kill the animals, but they always failed and get defeated by the animals.

I also find hunting distasteful and the notion of promoting it to kids even more so. However, I have to admit picking up more than a few of the New Ray sets for the uncommon figures - animals like the Canada Goose just can't be found elsewhere and the quality is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Blublub wrote:
Paka wrote:
Mastiffcat wrote:

I also find hunting distasteful and the notion of promoting it to kids even more so. However, I have to admit picking up more than a few of the New Ray sets for the uncommon figures - animals like the Canada Goose just can't be found elsewhere and the quality is pretty good.

Oh yes, i only know a canadian goose figurine from this sets study

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gulogulo76

Gulogulo76

Country/State : Oklahoma, USA

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:22 am

Okay, here I go looking at the forum late at night again. Rolling Eyes When will I go to bed? scratch question question Nevah! affraid Shocked cheers cheers LOLOL!

Okay, the New Ray animal sets, hunting or otherwise. Well, I am not a hunter, but here in my home state of Oklahoma, many are. That being said, a store in the next town over carries the New Ray hunting sets and the wildlife sets as well, and I bought the wild mallards set. I got rid of the hunters with their bang-sticks and kept the ducks. Honestly, these mallards are nice for their size, and wild mallards are some of my favorite water fowls. We have them here at a local park with a pond and they are just plain gorgeous birds. And flights of wild ducks and geese wing their way across our dark skies every autumn. i bought the New Ray mallards because i love the ducks, and if I ever find the Canadian geese set, oh, you can bet i'll buy them as well. "Honkers" are beautiful and are year-long residents in Bartlesville Oklahoma as well! Since no other company makes a Canada goose (hint, hint, Schleich and Safari and Mojo! :) ) the New Ray geese will have to do. The models aren't bad and are very inexpensive. You don't like hunting? Don't hunt. And throw the hunter figures away if you don't want them...although maybe you have some dinosaur figures who do! Now that would be a neat scenario! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 10:21 pm

In order for a population of animal to properly survive in an environment, some will have to be killed. This prevents over population. I don't think hunting is offensive. My dad hunts elk. We have over 50lbs in the freezer. Eating hunted animals is much healthier, and at least the hunted animal had a more humane life. It lived in the wild where it belonged. I admit, it's hard for me to see my dad pull up with elk in ice chest, but it's the way life goes. Our ancestors had to hunt for their survival, until the Neolithic revolution. I see no harm in these toys, as they are solely sold at hunting stores and outdoor stores. If you don't like the toys, I suppose you just don't buy them. I personally like them. I give the men and their accessories to my brother and keep the birds for my waterfowl collection. I plan to buy a few sets by Christmas. If you still like the figures, you can buy sets on Amazon that don't include the men and their weaponry. And, poachers do indeed exist sadly. Here in the states, you don't run off and hunt whenever, wherever, you like. You can only hunt during the designated seasons, you must have a license, be of age, and you must take gun safety classes and more. Poaching is a criminal offense, and there are rules.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2021 6:02 pm

Thrift shop find. I know many here do like the animals in these sets.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2021 6:25 pm

Especially the birds are amazing

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2021 7:23 pm

Yes, they are great and very hard to find outside the US. I notice you didn't get the hunters with guns or are they not allowed to get close to the animals?

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2021 7:57 pm

Beautiful models, definitely an amazing find! Very Happy I think they made some little labs too but I don't think they come in this set- but I'm not completely sure! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2021 8:51 pm

Beautiful birds! Great find Kelly.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 5:30 am

Guess the hunters became the hunted- they didn't make it into the lot I bought. This appears to be a mix of a few sets.
Not that I wanted the hunters, but funny that they're lost but the foliage isn't.
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 5:29 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
Thrift shop find. I know many here do like the animals in these sets.

I would like two of each species of bird in here.
Let’s do a trade.
I would’ve also liked the quail, but these are much rarer and are of course, not in here.
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 5:53 pm

QuollMate wrote:
In order for a population of animal to properly survive in an environment, some will have to be killed. This prevents over population. I don't think hunting is offensive. My dad hunts elk. We have over 50lbs in the freezer. Eating hunted animals is much healthier, and at least the hunted animal had a more humane life. It lived in the wild where it belonged. I admit, it's hard for me to see my dad pull up with elk in ice chest, but it's the way life goes. Our ancestors had to hunt for their survival, until the Neolithic revolution. I see no harm in these toys, as they are solely sold at hunting stores and outdoor stores. If you don't like the toys, I suppose you just don't buy them. I personally like them. I give the men and their accessories to my brother and keep the birds for my waterfowl collection. I plan to buy a few sets by Christmas. If you still like the figures, you can buy sets on Amazon that don't include the men and their weaponry. And, poachers do indeed exist sadly. Here in the states, you don't run off and hunt whenever, wherever, you like. You can only hunt during the designated seasons, you must have a license, be of age, and you must take gun safety classes and more. Poaching is a criminal offense, and there are rules.

I agree. Also, do you happen to have any of the quail? Too bad you don’t just give the men to me. I would like them for my displays.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptySat May 29, 2021 4:12 am

I have already rehomed 4 of them with bases. I can reserve the rest for you if you like. Would an outright purchase be an option?
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 1:18 am

If you're in the States and near a Tractor Supply, their Christmas leftovers are on deep discount. I snagged these to be donations for needy kids next Christmas, but will replace the animals if someone wants them- or just pull them and donate the people/vehicles to a thrift store, I really paid very little for these sets.
The Schleich Aussie enlarged a little and repainted as a Golden retriever. It might almost work better as one.
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 1:20 am

pipsxlch wrote:
If you're in the States and near a Tractor Supply, their Christmas leftovers are on deep discount. I snagged these to be donations for needy kids next Christmas, but will replace the animals if someone wants them- or just pull them and donate the people/vehicles to a thrift store, I really paid very little for these sets.
The Schleich Aussie enlarged a little and repainted as a Golden retriever.  It might almost work better as one.

I would like one of the orange-vested hunters.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 7:33 am

Really great sets. The golden is a schleich copy or similar. The mallards remind me of something but I can't put my finger on it..

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 10:14 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Really great sets. The golden is a schleich copy or similar. The mallards remind me of something but I can't put my finger on it..

I think the mallards are "inspired" by Schleich [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (the looking to the right one) and CollectA [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (the starting one).

Last edited by jarda on Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 7:08 pm

So jealous!!!great sets and nothing ever like this appears in the UK!

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 2:16 am

Birdsage, I could probably get you one of the hunters. Let me figure out which set I'd like to break up. The hunters are the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

newray hunting sets
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3