Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals

Go down 
+7
Bongo
gogo1004
baltimore zoo
SUSANNE
ken yeo
Roger
nyarlahotep
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nyarlahotep

Country/State : kentucky

Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals Empty
PostSubject: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:17 pm

I was just perusing the TGF toys site and noticed some interesting non-wildlife line animals due to be released in 2012. Neither was currently in stock. One was a battle rhino with armor much like 2011's elephant with the addition of a chariot and dark-skinned rider. It was priced at an astounding 69.99. The other more intriguing (to me anyway) combination consisted of a gladiator with a spotted hyena. Unlike the elephant and rhino, the hyena has much less armor, although there was a collar around it's neck. It looked like a really nice figure, as it had it's teeth bared and was much more realistic than the current Papo, Safari and retired Schleich versions of this species. Hopefully it will be relased later in the year so I have a little more collecting money after the big antelope wave that we are all so excited about.

I apologize if this has already been brought up, but I searched the forum and found nothing specific or general about the subject.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:42 pm

You can find this information in the huge topic about 2012 Schleich releases. :)
Anyway, the only picture I know from this hyena is this one:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Surely we cannot judge the realism of a figure when we only see this. :) So, surely you already have more pictures! bounce bounce
I have all modern spoted hyenas in the market and my favourite is the Mojo Fun! I'd loved this one would be better but surely it will coust unless 4 or 5 times more and brings a collar as present! Sad
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:54 pm

By looking at the photo it look realistic than all the others. I m getting him for sure!

Country/State : kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:33 pm

Sorry, Roger. I figured that someone had said something abou these figures, but my search didn't turn anything up. My mistake.

As for the hyena, I think it's the most realistic one yet. They really nailed the face and posture with this figure. I could do without the price and collar, but I have no doubt that this will find it's way into my collection. I'm a sucker for hyenas. I too love the Mojo hyena, as it is the best of it's kind, but this new one gives it a run for it's money.

I just commended Schleich for the quality of their 2012 gorilla and elephant figures. It's just frustrating that they can't come out with more interesting figures in the traditional wildlife line. What's more, they start producing these terrific animals in other lines that come with all sorts of odd ornaments that many collectors don't want or even view as negatives. It's a trick to get us to spend more money on things we don't really want, and in my case it's having the desired effect. I'm sure I'll be waiting with baited breath to shell out 20 dollars for a hyena that should cost 6 or 7 so I can put his accompanying human figure in a plastic box with the elephant rider and Noctis panther buddy.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 3:25 am

No need to apologize, Nyarla Very Happy
The "new Schleich" subject is so huge, it is almost impossible to find anything there anymore Laughing

The Rhino and hyena are comming in September : http://www.spielzeug-versand.com/schleich-neuheiten-2012/schleich-neuheiten-sept-2012/index2.html
And I surely hope get that hyena, too cheers

But the poor, poor rhino Shocked
How can he see here he is going, all covered in ugly junk Sad

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:31 am

Nyarla says "big antelope wave that we are all so excited about." NOT ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Please do not include me in that!).
***As a matter of fact, this is the MOST depressing toy animal figure collecting year!!!!!
I hope all the manufacturers read this!!!!!!

I have to admit, the Schleich hyena is FABULOUS! Wish they would make one without all the armor! WHY can't they? I'm fighting an uphill battle!
I guess once Signatus finishes getting all the armor off that fighter elephant, he'll be busy with the rhino and the hyena... A customizing toy collectors work is never done...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:47 am

I agree with you and Susanne! The subject is interesting and was completly lost in the huge Schleich 2012 topic as I said. :)
Please don't feel sorry because you did nothing wrong! :)
Unfortunately you have no more pictures and of course I cannot judge the quallity of a figure only seeing the face. What a Face
I saw the elephant with warrior some days ago in a local shop and as I said it doesn't represent a real elephant, it is only a beautiful fantasy figure. elephant
I don't have a single figure from these series not only because they are expensive but from the same reason I dont collect dragons and pegasus even they are beautiful! :)
Back to top Go down
gogo1004

gogo1004

Country/State : croatia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:58 am

Here you can see the side of hyena at least a little better Very Happy
http://www.schleich-s.com/toys/mercenaries/
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:20 am

Thanks, I already can see a little more! :) What can we expect from a gladiators line? :) Laughing
By the way, which species is the rhino? scratch
Back to top Go down
gogo1004

gogo1004

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:25 am

I think its a black rhino or maybe an indian rhino Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 7:24 am

gogo1004 wrote:

An Indian rhino is not for sure! I think I'm seeing 2 horns from what we can see! Laughing
But for a gladiator an Indian rhino would be a better idea! Idea
As a rhino the figure looks very uninteresting and weird but surely Schleich is not expecting to sell it as a rhino but as a fantasy figure. :) The hyena has defintively a little more interest even I continue thinking that is a shame people paying such an horrible human bigheaded figure ending with a collared hyena in hands! Sad
Back to top Go down
gogo1004

gogo1004

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 7:53 am

Roger wrote:
gogo1004 wrote:

An Indian rhino is not for sure! I think I'm seeing 2 horns from what we can see! Laughing
As a rhino the figure looks very uninteresting and weird but surely Schleich is not expecting to sell it as a rhino but as a fantasy figure. :) The hyena has defintively a little more interest even I continue thinking that is a shame people paying such an horrible human bigheaded figure ending with a collared hyena in hands! Sad
O my bad Laughing i missed it compleatlly, i think its a black rhino than :)
I will buy these two because of hyena, and rhino for my elephant warrior to have a friend :)
Back to top Go down
Bongo

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 7:55 am

Gladiators have fought in the Roman Empire, but the Romans never imported animals from india, so Indian Rhinos never came to the Roman arenas, only african rhinos were used in the areans.By theWay, gladiators never fought against animals, they fought only against other gladiators....
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:09 am

gogo1004 wrote:
Roger wrote:
gogo1004 wrote:

O my bad Laughing i missed it compleatlly, i think its a black rhino than :)
I will buy these two because of hyena, and rhino for my elephant warrior to have a friend :)

Please don't forget to show them in the forum. :) You must save a lot of money until September! :) They are expressive figures,, not only my subject as I told before and of course I'd loved to see a new hyena in Schleich wild life range. :)
With the money of these 3 figures we can buy almost all new wild life figures from CollectA and Mojo Fun! Among them a very unusual striped hyena and a promising white rhino. :)
But, if we can afford all of them even better! :)
Why is Schleich giving us in gladiator series what cannot make decently in wild life series? To get the money of collectors surely! :) I understand, brands want more and more money but I will not be in this party or it will turn in fashion. Sad
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:59 am

Roger wrote:

Why is Schleich giving us in gladiator series what cannot make decently in wild life series? To get the money of collectors surely! :) I understand, brands want more and more money but I will not be in this party or it will turn in fashion. Sad

Laughing Laughing Yes, of course it is because they want to earn money Laughing
Let`s not forget that What a Face
That is the total reason for their existance, - not to please a few thousand collectors Rolling Eyes

Serious Schleich collectors will buy them anyway, and apparently the warrior-series is immensely popular with boys and their fathers, grandfathers and whoever gives presents to boys.
That is the goal of Schleich, I am 100% sure.

I agree that if they CAN make animals like that, they could make them also for the "Nature" series", - but then they may loose the market of the girls, mothers, grandmothere etc...

I am sure their marketing department has analysed this carefully, to get the largest bite of the cake silent
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:40 pm

I looked at very small pictures of other gladiators and I thought this Retarius come with Sea Lion Razz Razz Razz Laughing
No he doesn't of course, unfortunately Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:06 pm

ana wrote:
I looked at very small pictures of other gladiators and I thought this Retarius come with Sea Lion Razz Razz Razz Laughing
No he doesn't of course, unfortunately Rolling Eyes Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
gogo1004

gogo1004

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:39 pm

Yes Roger their expensive, but i have an anniversary in october so my girlfrend will probably buy them for me :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:55 pm

gogo1004 wrote:
Yes Roger their expensive, but i have an anniversary in october so my girlfrend will probably buy them for me :)

You're lucky, you love them and you will receive them as gifts! That's nice! :)
I hope that other persons, kids or not, that also love them, have the same lucky as you have! :)
Hurray for your girl-friend! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:34 am

It is just such a shame that they couldnt make the Hyena, White fighter elephant and Rhino with REMOVABLE accessories. That way they appeal to both markets and would enable us serious animal collectors to buy them.

On the other hand it is probably to save money as clip on accessories and armour would cost more than just adding them to the moulded sculpt but STILL I wish they would think of us a little more too and make them all removable....

oh well....
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:39 am

You are 100 % right, Numaan Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Bongo

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:57 pm

The Battle Rhino is defenitely a Black Rhino. I hope, its possible to take away the battle stuff to get a "pure"rhino.

Its nice, Schleich is producing a Gladiator Line, but I have to say, some of them are not historical correct. The Gladiator with the Hyeana is a completly Fantasy figure, and as I said, Gladiators never fought against animals, the helmet of the Secutor is wrong, the helmet of this gladiator was completly closed with only two little holes for the eyes.

But the Thraker loks excellent. I hope, Schleich will produce for 2013 the Collosseum...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:16 pm

Bongo wrote:
The Battle Rhino is defenitely a Black Rhino. I hope, its possible to take away the battle stuff to get a "pure"rhino.

Its nice, Schleich is producing a Gladiator Line, but I have to say, some of them are not historical correct. The Gladiator with the Hyeana is a completly Fantasy figure, and as I said, Gladiators never fought against animals, the helmet of the Secutor is wrong, the helmet of this gladiator was completly closed with only two little holes for the eyes.

But the Thraker loks excellent. I hope, Schleich will produce for 2013 the Collosseum...

I confess I was not thinking in this series with anything of historical. I thought it was purely fantasy! :)
Nice to know that it is a historic line, I must visit Schleich site and read some more. But as Schleich is I'm sure they will make a Collosseum with score boards and wireless connection! Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:12 pm

Roger wrote:

I confess I was not thinking in this series with anything of historical. I thought it was purely fantasy! :)
Nice to know that it is a historic line, I must visit Schleich site and read some more. But as Schleich is I'm sure they will make a Collosseum with score boards and wireless connection! Wink

lol! lol! lol! lol! cheers

Me too, I thought they were as historically correct as Harry Potter Wink Embarassed
Sorry, sorry What a Face pale
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:39 pm

If they're already at it, they should make some decent Hyena and Porcupine for their wildlife.
I bought three Bayala sets only because of the animals, and now I'll have to buy that Gladiator, because Hyena looks amazing (well, collar shouldn't be there at all) Sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals   Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich :: Schleich Non animal series-
Jump to: