Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BONGO sculpt

Go down 
+7
aandmkw
Kikimalou
Gabe
Philter4
Wildheart
Rio
HKHollinstone
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

Country/State : Miami, FL

BONGO sculpt - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BONGO sculpt   BONGO sculpt - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 09:21

""1:12 is not so easy to understand in the metric system, maybe that's why some use the 1:10 scale ? "

Kiki 1:10 is actually a very large scale, it is used by the military industry when creating prototypes of future war vehicles, like tanks etc. I stand by 1:12 being a lot simpler, don't think of it as 1:12 think of it as the scale of 1, how can you go wrong with that?

1 foot in real life = 1 inch in the 1:12 scale. (scale of 1)

It is a very nice middle area, big enough for all the detail to be included, but not so large that you have to move your family out to make way for your items, i could never have worked with 1:10 i get dissy just to think about it, there is buildings that i have had custom made that are so large and massive, that i have had to ship them in over 20 sections, and place all of the architectural components myself, once this sections are assembled, (when the diorama is finished) it would be impossible for both of us to move some of the buildings, that is how large and massive they are, now imagine 1:10 affraid
Back to top Go down
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: BONGO sculpt   BONGO sculpt - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 09:25

""Oh these models almost make me cry, they are so beautiful!Very Happy Thank You Danny for showing these MASTERPIECES""

No need to cry dear Ana, you are well on your way there, this figures are created after a lifetime of work, you are creating your own masterpieces in less than two years right? now that is incredible, i imagine 10 years from now where your skills will be at, sky is the limit.

""Who made the zebra and kudu?""

No company produced them, they unique works of art.
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: BONGO sculpt   BONGO sculpt - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 09:28

I knew this,just asked if they were random photos from the internet or your figurines?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: BONGO sculpt   BONGO sculpt - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 10:11

Looking at that stunning Zebra and Kudu, perfect models, they make mine look like cartoons.
I would love to try other clays and the one you mentioned too, but I can only afford clay like the one I'm using now.
So, do you think it's impossible to get to a realistic level with the clay I'm useing now then?

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: BONGO sculpt   BONGO sculpt - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:06

I would not say such a thing, i think great results could still be acomplished, and on the positive side, if you create scultures using a clay that presents challenges to you, imagine what you would be able to do once you get the clay that is perfect for the job.

I'm really not familiar with the clay you use, but the biggest thing i notice, aside from the problem using the wire skeleton, is how the colors are taking in by it, but i'm sure that you could still make great sculptures with the tools you have harriet, you really have come a long way, the talent is there, that is for sure.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: BONGO sculpt   BONGO sculpt - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:41

Berlinzoo954 wrote:

I stand by 1:12 being a lot simpler, don't think of it as 1:12 think of it as the scale of 1, how can you go wrong with that?
1 foot in real life = 1 inch in the 1:12 scale. (scale of 1)

Idea Of course ! cheers

So 1 foot is scratch 33cm and 1 inch is scratch 2,54cm Very Happy

So at 1:12 33cm is equal to 2,54cm scratch scratch scratch Easy !

So a 1m80 human will be ... scratch scratch scratch scratch (180/33)x2,54 = 13,85 cm What a Face jocolor geek bom drunken

lol!

Back to top Go down
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: BONGO sculpt   BONGO sculpt - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 12:29

Well now that you put it like that, it does seem a little difficult to understand, i leave it at feet eguals inches and go from there.

The landscape artist for the zoo, was shocked when i told him that i wanted the trees to be in perfect 1:12 scale, since most dioramas cheat scale, people do not realise how big trees are, and especially in 1:12 i had never seen fully mature trees in 1:12 scale, so i now have a forest somewhere in storage, with trees over 4 feet tall.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: BONGO sculpt   BONGO sculpt - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 13:05

Berlinzoo954 wrote:

Well now that you put it like that, it does seem a little difficult to understand, i leave it at feet eguals inches and go from there.

The landscape artist for the zoo, was shocked when i told him that i wanted the trees to be in perfect 1:12 scale, since most dioramas cheat scale, people do not realise how big trees are, and especially in 1:12 i had never seen fully mature trees in 1:12 scale, so i now have a forest somewhere in storage, with trees over 4 feet tall.
Danny the trees must be incredible in 1:12 scale. Did you have an Oak tree made? My favourite of all trees. It is true people forget how big trees are, they are massive, that's why I never bought the Schleich trees as they are way too small.
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: BONGO sculpt   BONGO sculpt - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 13:52

I bought the Schleich tress because they were not intended for the animals!They are in perfect scale with my dinosaurs!
1:40
The Schleich oak tree is perfect with the little replicasaurus boy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: BONGO sculpt   BONGO sculpt - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 18:02

Beautiful zebra and kudu Danny. They are definately Masterpieces. They have such amazing details. Thanks for showing us these beauties.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: BONGO sculpt   BONGO sculpt - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 18:10

Thank you from me too Danny, for showing these pics of the kudu and zebra, they look absolutely stunning and real.
The only thing that is missing, is that they are not breathing and alive! Very Happy

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: BONGO sculpt   BONGO sculpt - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 23:38

"Danny the trees must be incredible in 1:12 scale. Did you have an Oak tree made? My favourite of all trees. It is true people forget how big trees are, they are massive, that's why I never bought the Schleich trees as they are way too small."

Hi Harriet,

Yes the trees are massive, and if i would not tell, a person would never know that they are not real trees, inside they are all artistic silver wire sculptures, but on the outside they have layers of skin, hundreds of branches, thousands of leaves, everything a real tree has. Yes i do have Oaks, i will get some really good pictures for you when i can, i think i must have around 20 oaks, since they are a great species for the zoo grounds, magestic trees.

I have many many other species as well that are incredible, sadly not all will fit in the zoo diorama, my goal is that if i can include at least 50 of the large 1:12 scale giants, then the landscape illusion will be a succes, there will be hundreds of other smaller species of trees/bushes/palm trees and grasses all around the diorama grounds.
Back to top Go down
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: BONGO sculpt   BONGO sculpt - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 23:47

I have posted this pics before in the other forum, but it will give you a good idea of what i mean, this two are of a Fig tree it was one of the first Prototypes in 1:12 scale, i took it to a 1:12 show, and every single person (some with over 30 years in the industry) said it was their first time in their lifes they had seen a tree replica in exactly 1:12 scale, especially with that much detail, ever since that, Goliath (that's what i name him) has been joined by a lot of true 1:12 scale trees, and a few more to come, some even bigger, and mind you most trees are reproduced are the minimun height that they would grow in 1:12 scale since the maximun height would be impossible to have a zoo then.[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: BONGO sculpt   BONGO sculpt - Page 3 EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 07:54

Wow drunken Fantastic ! You have beautiful dreams Danny... Beautiful Cool
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: BONGO sculpt   BONGO sculpt - Page 3 EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 10:05

The Fig tree is magnificent, absolutely beautiful. I'm really looking forward to seeing the oak tree then, they must be spectacular! Your Zoo is really going to be stunning, with these trees and the beautiful custom animals, like the Bongos I saw, It's going to be a knock out I think Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: BONGO sculpt   BONGO sculpt - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Aug 2010, 12:55

I knew this fantastic tree already of course, as i saw it before on the other forum.
Yes, our friend Danny does no half work, and some of the new members here will be shocked in a positive way, to see what this man is achieving with his fantastic zoo! Shocked cheers king

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: BONGO sculpt   BONGO sculpt - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 21:22

THank you WIlly, you have allways showed me great support, and i will try my best to show something really special, really soon, each of this items is very special in its own, since the artist did them with a lot of love, but i believe that the final effect of having all of this items in one diorama will be the real test.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: BONGO sculpt   BONGO sculpt - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 21:41

You are very welcome Danny!
And not forgot, these items you had made are unique in the world, there is only one of each of them! king

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: BONGO sculpt   BONGO sculpt - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 22:07

Very beautiful tree Danny Very Happy I'm really waiting to see items You mentioned too Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BONGO sculpt   BONGO sculpt - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

BONGO sculpt
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3