Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I Fixed a bent leg - for those who wonder how to do it.

Go down 
+13
LorenzoItaly
PeGe
baltimore zoo
Synlex
SyLoBe
ken yeo
pipi6
Roger
LittleLady
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
dlfrogman
Suebeedo
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

I Fixed a bent leg - for those who wonder how to do it.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Fixed a bent leg - for those who wonder how to do it.    I Fixed a bent leg - for those who wonder how to do it.  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 6:49 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
QuollMate wrote:
I should really do this to my Nayab American Cheetah. Thanks for this helpful thread!

The poor fool can hardly stand up. He's too busy kicking himself! Laughing lol!

That or he has an uncomfortable itch Laughing The hairdryer would probably work for you too. Very Happy

He's made of PVC. Should I try hot water and cardboard, or the hairdryer?

exclamation MY SEARCHLIST exclamation
exclamation EBAY STORE exclamation
exclamation TRADE LIST exclamation

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
https://www.instagram.com/olympus_593

Concorde Page
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde

Collectibles Page
https://instagram.com/supersonic_trilobite
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: I Fixed a bent leg - for those who wonder how to do it.    I Fixed a bent leg - for those who wonder how to do it.  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 10:36 pm

Either would be fine, I prefer the hairdryer just because I'm less likely to hurt myself. Laughing You're probably better off with the hairdryer as well so you have the faucet handy for the cold water. I haven't experienced this with the PVC models, but I've noticed the plastic going cloudy on cellulose acetate when not cooled off right away study

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: I Fixed a bent leg - for those who wonder how to do it.    I Fixed a bent leg - for those who wonder how to do it.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 1:28 am

I wanted to add this video in this very useful topic from our kind Sue! Very Happy
Ikessauro, a dino collector that makes lots of great walk around videos, made this simple video tutorial about how to fix a bent part in a plastic figure. It is in Portuguese language but it is quite simple, he is using a cup of hot water and then, a cup of cold water, preferrably with ice if possible. Link is here!

PostSubject: Re: I Fixed a bent leg - for those who wonder how to do it.    I Fixed a bent leg - for those who wonder how to do it.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I Fixed a bent leg - for those who wonder how to do it.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2