Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

my customized animals

Go down 
+6
Ana
Gabe
Philter4
SUSANNE
dlfrogman
SeanieP
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

my customized animals Empty
PostSubject: my customized animals   my customized animals EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:58 pm

The following are some re-customized/re-painted animals I created: the good, the bad, and the ugly. I am not as good as my fellow forum friends who can recustomize and customize animals from scratch, but most of these will do. I have also repainted some animals just to make them the African species, such as Noah's Pals aardvarks to a lighter tan color vs gray, the storks and birds (African fish eagle from bald eagle), and Noah's Pals mutics(SP?) into red duikers. Believe it or not, before all the new Schleich elephants came out, I painted all my elephants the brown color that the former Schleich elephants had. I still like that color--realistic. I made three male Schleich ostriches brown to represent the female race, with one sitting on a nest. I also made a male ostrich's neck bending down to the chicks.

Forgive the photos blurriness--when I get too close they become unfocused. Embarassed And I appologize in advance for those who may be against re-customizing models.

Here is a monkey (forget the original species from the Safari LTD Toob) made into a vervet monkey with some light painting (made 5 of them)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

These are Schleich Roebuck Deers made into bushbucks--not the best but it will work for me...mmm, those horns????No

Made from the Safari LTD Longhorn, I created 2 African Ankole-Watusi cattle. Again, not the best, but I fell in love with them at Disney's Animal Kingdon Lodge.

This is the Schleich zebra mare pictured earlier on this forum nuzzling the Re-ment zebral foal.Very Happy

I really like this one. I made the Schleich lion a lying down one by using the legs of the lying down female. Who has never seen a laying down or sleeping male lion??? Sleep It is so normal.

Grazing Schleich Wildebeest (made 4) and a somewhat nuzzling female kudu. When watching any safari programs 90% of the time the wildebeests are grazing or on the move. If anyone would like to take 4-5 of my tommy gazelles and make them grazing, for commission, please PM me. Very Happy

I made an African honey badger (2 in fact) out of the European Schleich badger cubs. I also made the Kaiyodo hooded crane into an African Grey Crowned Crane. (Thanks to Phil for getting me the hooded crane). The yellow crown is golden straw used for grass.

When I first got my Schleich gazelles, I decided I needed to attach horns to make some males. However, Mojo will take care of that this year. I also made a laying down foal, to hide in the grass.

I got some lead, what I think were female turkeys, off of E-Bay and turned them into Helmeted guineafowl with clay and color.

Back to top Go down
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: my customized animals   my customized animals EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:43 pm

I love the guineas :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: my customized animals   my customized animals EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:54 pm

You did such an excellent job ! Amazing Shocked

Seing your re-makes I realize how enormously booring the pose of most models is Sleep Sleep Laughing

Yours are grazing, nuzzling, lying, - really, unlike many others I don`t care very much if a model is completely accurate or what scale they are, - i love them to move and look alive and busy on my shelves , - just like you make them cheers

Thankyou VERY much for sharing. Please go on with the good work sunny sunny cheers

Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: my customized animals   my customized animals EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 1:30 am

Well done Shawn, congratulations on your work, they will be happy on the diorama once it is up and landscaped!
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: my customized animals   my customized animals EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 1:41 am

Wow, that Schleich lying lion is a great job! I also like all the rest as well! cheers

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: my customized animals   my customized animals EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:33 am

Some fantastic remakes here! Congratulations Sean! Very Happy I love the zebra especially and also crane and guinea fowl cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: my customized animals   my customized animals EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 3:25 pm

Very nice custom made! especially the sitting lion & African Ankole-Watusi cattle.

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: my customized animals   my customized animals EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 3:37 pm

I love that you are brave enough to change them. They lying baby gazelle is adorable and I love the way you change some of the mommas to a nuzzling pose. There do need to be other poses that most companies are not willing to do. Great job. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: my customized animals   my customized animals EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 7:58 pm

Thanks for all the kind comments. I think I have high expectations of my animals that will be on my diorama and want them to be in somewhat different positions to make them kinda look like they are not massed produced|! Very Happy
(which we all know they are lol! )
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: my customized animals   my customized animals EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:18 pm

So lovely! Specially the zebra and the nyalas! Very Happy

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: my customized animals   my customized animals EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:22 pm

They're fabulous Shawn, I especially love the zebra custom! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my customized animals   my customized animals Empty

Back to top Go down

my customized animals
Page 1 of 1