Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals

Go down 
+8
Roger
ken yeo
SUSANNE
Tiermann
Mastiffcat
krista
Kikimalou
Lennart
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lennart

Country/State : Sweden

Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  Empty
PostSubject: Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals    Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Since my introduction some of You especially asked for my Berico Animal.

B was a Swedish brand, it's not very well known in Sweden either and I doubt that they were sold abroad. I don't know much about the firm. It seems that they were placed in Malmö, in southern Sweden, close to Copenhagen (with water between though).

The wild animals are about the same size as Schleich, the Farm animals and figures roughly 1:32 but a bit heavier than Starlux. The wild ones were made alternativly in soft coat, some kind of velvet material.

Here are my wild ones + some plastic bags, remains from an old shop. Berico was probably out of market in the late sixties.

Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  ?action=view&current=IMG_0814-1Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  ?action=view&current=IMG_0813Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  ?action=view&current=IMG_0812
Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  ?action=view&current=IMG_0808Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  ?action=view&current=IMG_0808.jpg#!oZZ8QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1167.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq621%2FLennartK%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DIMG_0807
Back to top Go down
Lennart

PostSubject: Berico again...   Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Sorry I don't get a grip of posting pics....
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals    Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:10 pm

It works Lennart, you just have to paste the directlink under each pic and load them on STS.

But please could you reduce the size of your pics to 800px because some members have problems with bigger pics Wink

Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  IMG_0811
Back to top Go down
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals    Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:45 pm

Those Berico animals look really interesting. What year are they from?

You can also use the IMG-tag in this forum.

Click on the image-icon and you can post address of your photo in the field. The address must be "direct link" (from Photobucket).
Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  Img

Your photo address appears between two tags [*img] and [*/img] (real tags are without the stars)

Hope this wasn't too unclear... :''D

Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals    Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:52 pm

oh those donkeys are darling!!! more! more!

PostSubject: Berico pics cont.   Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:39 pm

Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  IMG_0810
Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  IMG_0809
Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  IMG_0808
Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  IMG_0807
Back to top Go down
Lennart

PostSubject: And some more Bericos   Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Sorry for the size, I will try to learn that to the next time...

Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  IMG_0806
Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  IMG_0805
Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  IMG_0804
Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  IMG_0803
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals    Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:47 pm

Some great animals there, I really like the caribou. Are these lead/metal?

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Lennart

PostSubject: And some Farm Bericos 1:32 scale   Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:52 pm

Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  IMG_0814-1
Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  IMG_0813
Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  IMG_0812

Sorry for the size, try better next time. They are probably made in the 50 or 60-ties. The material is hard plstic, like the older Danish Reisler.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals    Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:45 pm

Ohhhhh ! WOW!!! WONDERFUL bounce cheers

Those donkeys Shocked
Those tigers Shocked
The zebra cheers
The deer.....the reindeer, the .... sorry, I´ll stop now Embarassed Rolling Eyes Wink

And some are fuzzy affraid
They are fantastic ! Thankyou for sharing, Lennart, - you don`t happen to have any doubles, do you ? drunken

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals    Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:16 am

The tiger family is nice!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals    Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 4:28 am

Wow, Lennart! What a Face That's really interesting! I enjoy to know more brands and to watch the work designers has done! :)
If you have doubles and they are not expensive I'm also interested in one figure! Anyone... except... the crocodiles! Laughing Wink
I really love the red deer stag and other cervides. The guy with the crocodiles is also funny! I don't know if Malmo FC scored a goal or if he is angry with the reptiles! monkey
Thanks a lot for showing! cheers

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals    Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:49 am

Some of these are really beautifully done. I can't decide which I like best, the red deer pair or the moose or the reindeer!

Lovely figures!

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals    Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 11:27 am

Wonderful animals, congratulations Lennart!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Was Berico a big brand with a lot of animals? So that they have also one or a few species specials? scratch

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Lennart

PostSubject: Berico again   Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:17 pm

As I wrote earlier is Berico not so known even in Sweden. I can't find nearly anything about the company.

They were still on sale in shops in the 60-ties but Britians, Crescent, Reisler and even Timpo was more common in Sweden in those days. In the late 60-ties Elastolin plastic was sold in plastic bags in some more exclusive toyshops.

Bericos wild animals were to my knowledge made in not so many more species than the ones i have shown. I have two hippos, an elephant and maybe som more but thats it. I don't know if there are any more.

I might have some double for trading - in that case I will post a note in that thread.

The Berico Farm animals are smaller, 1:32 scale and there are more of them, I will post pics when I can.

Some are really nice and I think I have spares there too. For long I thought they were Reislers but theres is a very good danish site with all Reisler figures so now it's easy to see which are not.

I have some double Reisler to trade if some one is interested.

/Lennart
Stockholm
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals    Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Wow, fantastic figures, they are great and even though I never heard of this brand the age and similarity to my figures as a child brings back great memories!
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals    Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Do you have a double of the Reisler cobra ? bounce
I had one when I was a child, but it has got lost during the years Crying or Very sad

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals    Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:04 pm

I've just noticed that, at least, the lion, black panther and reindeer are HAUSSER models copies Suspect Wink

The bison is a TIPPLE-TOPPLE copy too Laughing

Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  16

Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  Elastolin27

Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  RenneElastolin27

Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  TippleTopple3250
Back to top Go down
Lennart

PostSubject: Yes to both Susanne and Kikimalou   Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:59 pm

Yes Susanne I have an extra Reisler cobra, tried to mail You yesterday but it bounced.

Try to mail me.

And Kikimalou:

If the Bericos are copies, the bison is absolutley, that would explain why the wild Animals are better made and in a bigger scale than the farm Animals.

Firms seem to copy a lot back in the fifties. Danish Reisler copied a lot from Timpo for example.

Or, this wild animals might be something completly diffrent, It's just that the plastic seems to be same as the farm animals.

Theres also a danish company called Danolin who made animals in the same material as Elastolin/Lineol. It might be them instead?

Lennart

Back to top Go down
Lennart

PostSubject: Some more Bericos   Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:26 pm

Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  IMG_0816
Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  IMG_0818
Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  IMG_0817
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals    Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:53 pm

It is immensely interesting to hear about this !
I LOVE those elefants I love you
And bisons, and....

BTW, I was very happy to get * these * fuzzy models from Anna in Sweeden.
I was almost sure they were some kind of Reisler, but it seems that some , for instance the ducks and ducklings, are actually Bericos Shocked

Lennart wrote:
Yes Susanne I have an extra Reisler cobra, tried to mail You yesterday but it bounced.

Try to mail me.

Lennart

I have sent you a PM now Very Happy

Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals    Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:10 pm

i especially love the reindeer and stag!!
poor monkey being teased by the crocos- even the elephant is surprised!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals    Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:16 pm

Lennart wrote:

If the Bericos are copies, the bison is absolutley, that would explain why the wild Animals are better made and in a bigger scale than the farm Animals.

Firms seem to copy a lot back in the fifties. Danish Reisler copied a lot from Timpo for example.

Or, this wild animals might be something completly diffrent, It's just that the plastic seems to be same as the farm animals.

Theres also a danish company called Danolin who made animals in the same material as Elastolin/Lineol. It might be them instead?

Lennart

DANOLIN made some HAUSSER copies in the past, maybe they are DANOLIN or maybe BERICO copied DANOLIN who copied... Nevertheless, those models are really interesting and are an unknown part of toy history for most of us. study

Again, the elephants are looking like TIPLLE-TOPPLE copies

Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  Pfeiffer_Katalog_1955_6
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals    Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 12:10 am

Thanks Lennart for showing more figures and sharing more information. That's a real addition for the forum and our knowledge about animal figures! :)

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals    Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:02 am

Roger wrote:
Thanks Lennart for showing more figures and sharing more information. That's a real addition for the forum and our knowledge about animal figures! :)

I agree. Thank you so much! I love to learn more about vintage and rare figuress. So interesting!

They may not be rare where you live (like the VEB Plaho is not rare to Germany) but they are rare to me. cheers

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals    Berico - Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals  Empty

Back to top Go down

Some of my Berico (Swedish) animals
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next