Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D

Go down 
+6
ken yeo
Roger
Kristie
Sumo
widukind
SUSANNE
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D Empty
PostSubject: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptySat 31 Mar 2012, 21:03

I was looking for the dark variant of the old Hannoveranian foal, and then I saw the arab mare..it looked BROWN ! Shocked

Me, oh my, - I have been disapointed so often. Usually it is just the picture on Ebay that distorts the colour  Rolling Eyes

But this time it exceeded my wildest expectaitions - it is a REAL variant  cheers

First of all, the new  (old) one IS brown  Very Happy
I managed to take this picture outdoors to show the colour, but it is icy cold today, and storming. So the rest of the pictures are taken indoors by artificial light  Neutral
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I got the dark hannoveranian foal from the same seller, - look, it is exactly the same colour as the arab mare.
It has been painted over, - but I am sure it was done by Schleich.

Look at the difference in the mould. My old, black one is made in China, the new one in Germany.
The Chinese one has a quite different hairstyle  Laughing

And different ears  alien

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptySat 31 Mar 2012, 21:07

Congratulations Susanne!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptySat 31 Mar 2012, 21:25

Wow! What a lovely pair of ladies, and what an interesting set of differences! cheers The different manes makes me wonder if the two molds have been made from completely different prototypes altogether.
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptySat 31 Mar 2012, 21:29

Congrats Susanne! Mine is brown like your new one. And also made in Germany. :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptySat 31 Mar 2012, 23:25

Thankyou, Andreas flower

Sumo, good point.
The funny thing is that it seems that the black one (China) is in the `95 catalogue, and the brown one is in the later ones, - I will scan pictures tomorrow, it is very late now Wink

Aaarw, Kristie, that mare is BEAUTYFUL, - almost like new ! And your picture, wow cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 00:41

It would mean that this mare sold very well and they made a new mould as a copy from the previous one. Even factory moulds have a limit and sometimes brands to keep the figure in their lines they need to make another mould that is a copy from the previous. Obviously it always result in some differences and in that figure they are really noticiable in terms of sculpting.
That's an interesting variant and fortunately from a horse with an exciting pose although the head is a little bit funny! Very Happy
Congratulations Susanne! flower

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 03:56

Congratulations Susanne! I thought mould normally is standard!

pipi6

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 05:15

wow breath taking Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 08:53

Thankyou Ken and Pip flower

Roger wrote:
It would mean that this mare sold very well and they made a new mould as a copy from the previous one. Even factory moulds have a limit and sometimes brands to keep the figure in their lines they need to make another mould that is a copy from the previous. Obviously it always result in some differences and in that figure they are really noticiable in terms of sculpting.
That's an interesting variant and fortunately from a horse with an exciting pose although the head is a little bit funny! Very Happy

You may be right, Roger, - but from my 15 years experience in the plastic tool-business, a plastic mould can make A LOT, - I mean hundreds of thousands - of models before it is worn at all. The moulds are made from steel, and the melted plastic doesn`t wear them at all. Rolling Eyes

Perhaps your other point is the one. The head of this horse does look a bit funnt, - especially the black one had a very strange head. The German mould could be an attempt to make it better scratch

But what ever the reason, I suppose we will never know Suspect

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 10:33

Wow, that's very interesting variation of beautiful horse, congratulations Susanne!! cheers I'm happy to see Your collection of variants growing and this new item is great! flower flower flower

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 11:07

Thankyou VERY much, Ana cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 12:57

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou Ken and Pip flower

Roger wrote:

You may be right, Roger, - but from my 15 years experience in the plastic tool-business, a plastic mould can make A LOT, - I mean hundreds of thousands - of models before it is worn at all. The moulds are made from steel, and the melted plastic doesn`t wear them at all. Rolling Eyes

Perhaps your other point is the one. The head of this horse does look a bit funnt, - especially the black one had a very strange head. The German mould could be an attempt to make it better scratch

But what ever the reason, I suppose we will never know Suspect

That's a very valide point, Susanne! :)
The moulds of these kind of detailed figures can really make thousands of figures but with time the figures start loosing some detail, we can see some almost textureless figures, mainly in models there are in catalogue for a long time. Remember also that Schleich sells very well. :)
I also believe that sometimes they make more than a mould when they launch a figure that they expect that will sell a lot. Recently you showed a Schleich horse with 2 or 3 variations and one of them was smaller. If that's true, it is incredible once to make a mould is a huge investment. What a Face

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 13:16

You are right, - and they certainly make different moulds for the different countries they make them in, - like the later giraffes, the old husky, the old Labrador etc Very Happy

I wished I had a better camera, - the old Arab foal is a good example.
But it is almost impossible for me to take pictures of black models, that show any detail Crying or Very sad

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 14:25

SUSANNE wrote:
You are right, - and they certainly make different moulds for the different countries they make them in, - like the later giraffes, the old husky, the old Labrador etc Very Happy

I wished I had a better camera, - the old Arab foal is a good example.
But it is almost impossible for me to take pictures of black models, that show any detail Crying or Very sad

Laughing That shall be terrible when a photographer is much better than her camera! flower Your pictures are excelent so you make some little miracles. :)
Schleich changed a lot in these last years. Actually all Schleich sculptors are Chinese. Even horse sculptors. I believe that this Arabian was not sculpted by a general sculptor but from someone more used with horses. I cannot judge the morphology but it has an Arabian spirit that I appreciate. What a Face Wonderful movement it has! bounce
Of course I don't intend to say that Chinese sculptors are not good. My favourite Wild life figures for 2012 are in CollectA and Mojo ranges, all made by Chinese sculptors. But I still believe that such specific series like horses need someone more expertised, Chinese or not! Very Happy

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 15:23

Roger wrote:
My favourite Wild life figures for 2012 are in CollectA and Mojo ranges, all made by Chinese sculptors.
Anna is Polish Chinese? Very Happy

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 16:32

skysthelimit wrote:
Roger wrote:
My favourite Wild life figures for 2012 are in CollectA and Mojo ranges, all made by Chinese sculptors.

Laughing Laughing

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 18:28

Congratulations Susanne! The brown mare is gorgeous!!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 19:57

Thankyou very much, Scott flower

Robertbert, you are wonderfully crazy cheers Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 22:32

skysthelimit wrote:
Roger wrote:

Very Happy Has she sculpted any 2012 Mojo Wild Life figure? pirat Hmmm, you are better informed than me... Wink

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 22:54

Roger wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:
Roger wrote:

Very Happy Has she sculpted any 2012 Mojo Wild Life figure? pirat Hmmm, you are better informed than me... Wink

Laughing I didn't, but any of the horse can come back to the wild alien

Roger, I'm not sure if all wildlife by Mojo was sculpted by Chinese sculptor, I think some were sculpt by British sculptor, but I'm not 100% sure scratch pirat
About the Schleich, I remember talking with Barricade (member of this forum) who personally knows one Schleich sculptor, German sculptor Wink

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 00:32

Ana, it should be a very rare and retired sculptor Made in Germany! Very Happy

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 10:38

Roger wrote:
Ana, it should be a very rare and retired sculptor Made in Germany! Very Happy
Don't be so cruel Rogerio Laughing Laughing Laughing geek

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D   The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D Empty

Back to top Go down

The fantastic Arab mare 13221 , - a REAL variation :-D
Page 1 of 1