Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New pictures, monkeys and plants

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

New pictures, monkeys and plants Empty
PostSubject: New pictures, monkeys and plants   New pictures, monkeys and plants EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 21:06

Just wanted to show the Asian monkeys I have, I am looking for any poses of these I don't have, or any spsecies that are not represented. I do have the Playvisions crested macaque, but since they are from the island of Sulawasi I did not include it. I may do a diorama for him and barbarusa, but in the future.

Well the first thing I want to show is the different monkeys, I have Lar's gabbon, an adult and young, a pr of grey langurs, another species of langur, a lion tailed macaque, and a Japanese macaque, mother with baby.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I also was out at the diorama and noticed the difference between what I used to do and what I do now. the difference is amazing, I put the trees, one with lichen, one with colored foam, and one of the Selkirk foliage next to the Philodendron I made yesterday. I am working on a large vine that will go in one of the trees today, I wont do the leaves, I'll buy a vine kit for that, but the vine snakes around the trunk and up into the middle branches. I have not decided what species of vine to use, I am looking for a native Indian vine that looks tropical for the forested area of the diorama.

Here are the comparison photos

As always your suggestions are needed, I think with the custom species that I am buying and the tropical plant kits, the Selkirk bushes will be great as small low growing brush between the bigger plants.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: New pictures, monkeys and plants   New pictures, monkeys and plants EmptyMon 12 Apr 2010, 09:56

Nice collection of monkeys. They will look good in the diorama. Have you recieved the AAA Zebra yet? I suppose it will take a while to get to you. I was outside yesterday, it was really warm and sunny, and I took a few pictures of mine with the Schleich foal and the Papo Lioness, I will post them on soon.
Your trees look great, I especailly like the one on the left. I'm looking to make some trees for my zoo, or buy them, they will have to be big, well at least one will be and then maybe I can make some cherry trees or some other small growing tree.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: New pictures, monkeys and plants   New pictures, monkeys and plants EmptyMon 12 Apr 2010, 11:23

[Quote = "HKHollinstone"] Nice collection of monkeys. They will look good in the diorama. Have You Received the AAA Zebra yet? I suppose it will take a while to get to you. I was outside yesterday, it was really warm and sunny, and I took a few pictures of mine with the foal and the Papo Schleich Lioness, I will post them on soon.
Your trees look great, I especailly like the one on the left. I'm looking to make some trees for my zoo, or buy them, they will have to be big, well at least one will be and then maybe I can make some cherry trees or some other small growing tree. [/ Quote]

HK, I love making the trees myself, and I am even more excited about these new Japanese kits, Here is the photo of the Japanese kit cherry tree in blossom. These kits are made for military models, and the figure in the photo is 2 inches tall, just to give you an idea of size of the tree. You have to paint the flowers, make the trunk and branches so it is quite involved, but the end results is fantanstic. My only one I did, the P. maximus turned out ok, but there were several things I would do differently if I did another one from start to finish. Here is the photo

If you think you want to make a tree let me know, I'll get you all of the ordering info.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: New pictures, monkeys and plants   New pictures, monkeys and plants EmptyMon 12 Apr 2010, 14:20

Thanks Phil, the tree looks really nice, but would it be too small or can you get them in different scales? My zoo will be Schleich Zebra scale, the elephant I'm going to get is the wildlife wonders Asian 2010 one, that's about 7" tall I think. So where do you order them from, do they have a site? You order them from the USA or Japan itself? The ferns look nice too.
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: New pictures, monkeys and plants   New pictures, monkeys and plants EmptyMon 12 Apr 2010, 15:25

HK, they do not make them in a different scale, but to make a bigger one you just order more then one kit. That is how I am making my bamboo grove. The kit makes 6 stalks beteween 4 and 5 inches, I want 8 inches or higher, maybe even 10 inches tall. What I did was to buy 2 kits for each of the 6 stalks I wanted taller, and several kits that will have some shorter, like in nature plants are not all the same size. The end result will be 18 to 20 stalks 8 inches or higher, and about 25 stalks that are from 4 inch to 7 inch, and a few that are smaller then 4 inch. It will take about 20 kits to get the grove I want, which is over $200 usd, but that is why I bought just a sample at first, if I couldn't make them I didn't want to put that much money into something I wasn't happy with. For now I have one set of bamboo coming (hopefully today) and I will just make 3 taller stalks to see how they look when done.

I get them from a company in europe, they cost about $11.75 per kit, which is not cheap, but you can identify the plant to the species. If you are still interested email me and I will forward the site directly to you, my email is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New pictures, monkeys and plants   New pictures, monkeys and plants EmptyMon 12 Apr 2010, 16:08

That is a nice group of monkees you already have there Phil!

The trees, other plants and srubs are much better now.
I like the little Japanese diorama very much, the Cherry-tree and ferns do look really nice.

When i would make diorama's, it would be little ones like this, for making pics of animals one by one, in their natural surroundings.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: New pictures, monkeys and plants   New pictures, monkeys and plants EmptyMon 12 Apr 2010, 17:22

Philter4 wrote:
HK, they do not make them in a different scale, but to make a bigger one you just order more then one kit. That is how I am making my bamboo grove. The kit makes 6 stalks beteween 4 and 5 inches, I want 8 inches or higher, maybe even 10 inches tall. What I did was to buy 2 kits for each of the 6 stalks I wanted taller, and several kits that will have some shorter, like in nature plants are not all the same size. The end result will be 18 to 20 stalks 8 inches or higher, and about 25 stalks that are from 4 inch to 7 inch, and a few that are smaller then 4 inch. It will take about 20 kits to get the grove I want, which is over $200 usd, but that is why I bought just a sample at first, if I couldn't make them I didn't want to put that much money into something I wasn't happy with. For now I have one set of bamboo coming (hopefully today) and I will just make 3 taller stalks to see how they look when done.

I get them from a company in europe, they cost about $11.75 per kit, which is not cheap, but you can identify the plant to the species. If you are still interested email me and I will forward the site directly to you, my email is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Thanks, it's quite expensive for me at the moment, but I'll have a think about it and maybe get back to you on that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New pictures, monkeys and plants   New pictures, monkeys and plants Empty

Back to top Go down

New pictures, monkeys and plants
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Dioramas & Outdoor photos-
Jump to: