Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My summer visitors :-D

Go down 
+15
Fisva
AlienMantis
mreyder
Katty
75senta75
scot(t)
Kristie
Ana
Elros Alvar
Rio
HKHollinstone
widukind
Sumo
JackyLovertjex
SUSANNE
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

My summer visitors :-D Empty
PostSubject: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJuly 1st 2012, 13:18

It always rains a lot in Denmark, but this year it has just been raining and raining and raining and...
So the grass grows and grows, even on the very poor soil where I live.
I have had to fence off a small area for the horses, because there is much too much grass. And even then I have to keep Albina and Spotty in the stable, and only let them out for a short period a couple of times a day, - and feed them hay , because the grass is too sweet for them and makes them sick.

The a couple of weeks ago, I passed a field with some very skinny Iceys. There was almost no grass at all Sad
I found the owner working in his garden, and asked him if I could have some of his horses on grass for the summer, - and a few days later :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

FIVE skinny little horses began to eat and eat and eat Laughing
Well, you can see two balloons with legs, - those are my Freya and Ida Embarassed

Three days later they began to explore the area :

And today, 6 days later, they are beginning to look beautyful :

Especiallt two 1 year old fillies were SO thin.
Her the black one after 1 day :

And her again after 6 days ! cheers

A little sorrel after 1 day :

And now, together with the Balloons cheers

Laughing Let us see, - in a month I will have 9 balloons bounce bounce affraid

JackyLovertjex

JackyLovertjex

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJuly 1st 2012, 13:30

So. Much. Grass. Shocked

There is almost no grass anymore in our pastures Sad The horses already ate it..

But that's so sweet of you Susanne! To let these horses run in your pastures! I love you
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJuly 1st 2012, 13:36

Awww, they look so happy! Well done taking them in, and it looks like your horses enjoy their company. sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJuly 1st 2012, 14:17

Phantastic!! Thanks for the pics!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJuly 1st 2012, 14:18

How beautiful! That is so nice you could help them out Susanne, they look so much healthier after spending that time in your meadow. I bet the owners are pleased with the difference in his horses?

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJuly 1st 2012, 14:39

So beautiful !

Susanne, you are so kind to help those horses, I bet they think they are in heaven !

Do you think you'll end up buying any of them ? albino
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJuly 1st 2012, 14:42

I LIKE VERY MUCH THE HORSES, Very Happy I love the landscape Very Happy .
Precious photos SUSANNE cheers.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJuly 1st 2012, 14:57

Thankyyou very much for all the kind commets flower

Yes, I think everyone is happy : Me, the owner, my horses and the visitors Very Happy Very Happy

Uhhh, Rio, don`t say that ! I have already developed a soft spot for the little black one Rolling Eyes Embarassed
But they are pure-bred Iceys, so she probably costs a fortune What a Face

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJuly 1st 2012, 15:20

Oh Susanne, how lovely!! You have lovely visitors! And they look so happy on Your grassy land Very Happy Beautiful! And so much difference after just few days Very Happy
Wonderful, great idea You had cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJuly 1st 2012, 16:16

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyyou very much for all the kind commets flower

Yes, I think everyone is happy : Me, the owner, my horses and the visitors Very Happy Very Happy

Uhhh, Rio, don`t say that ! I have already developed a soft spot for the little black one Rolling Eyes Embarassed
But they are pure-bred Iceys, so she probably costs a fortune What a Face

Looking at your photos, I have to say that the little sorrel one has stolen my heart I love you she is very pretty
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJuly 1st 2012, 16:56

Perhaps you can work out an exchange with the owner....the little black one for the pasture rent! Wink

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJuly 1st 2012, 17:00

they are all so lovely!

I confess I did get nervous seeing them graze so near the pond. I'm glad none of them have disappeared, falling victim to the monster fish who is probably getting hungry and willing to swallow a gentle Icey.

Seriously, though, great pictures of a very happy arrangements! Thank you for sharing.

Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJuly 1st 2012, 20:38

Susanne, I have now looking several times your great photos! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
That´s the HEAVEN for horses - and for you certainly!
I am happy about them all!
Many thanks for showing these great photos! drunken drunken

queen queen queen queen queen You are also the Queen of horses, surely! queen queen queen queen queen queen

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJuly 1st 2012, 22:44

scot(t) wrote:
I confess I did get nervous seeing them graze so near the pond. I'm glad none of them have disappeared, falling victim to the monster fish who is probably getting hungry and willing to swallow a gentle Icey.
I was thinking the same Laughing

Back to top Go down
Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJuly 2nd 2012, 08:41

Yay for Susanne!!!! Saving the Icy's! Soooo happy for them!!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJuly 2nd 2012, 09:03

Thankyou very much, friends sunny

Really, it is not an exceptional deed , - I had too much grass, and the Iceys were hungry . So 1 + 1 = 5 in this case Laughing Laughing

Kristie wrote:
Perhaps you can work out an exchange with the owner....the little black one for the pasture rent! Wink

-Kristie

Very Happy
If only it was so Wink
I think they should be here many years to pay for the little black mare.
Icey fillies, where both parents are in the studbook, are darned expensive, - one reasom more why I do NOT understand why the owner did not at least BUY something to feed them scratch

HKHollinstone wrote:
scot(t) wrote:
I was thinking the same Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Rio, yes that sorrel filly is SO beautyful also drunken
And she runs like the wind.
The black filly is a little more quiet, and I am not so yourng as I used to be Rolling Eyes Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJuly 4th 2012, 11:40

Sea horses Laughing

Ha, ha, Fish! They are larger than you are Twisted Evil Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJune 2nd 2013, 12:49

Next spring affraid Sad

Friday I got the "summer-horses" here again, but ohhhh !
I got tears in my eyes when I saw them.
They are so thin that it is close to abuse Sad
How can people sit at their dinner table, and know they have starving horses outdoors ?

The youngsters are 2 years old now, but thay have not grown at all since they left in the autum !

This one has developed eczema to gnats, and has a cover on, - but you can see her spine through the thick fabric !!!

I will have to find a way to tell those darned people to feed their poor animals, without chasing them away, so they take them away from me again  scratch

Last edited by SUSANNE on June 14th 2013, 20:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
mreyder

mreyder

Country/State : Holland

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJune 3rd 2013, 20:07

When i look at the second photo, i don't think: this is close to abuse, i think: this IS abuse. The poor animal is far to skinny. I hope you don't mind me putting 1 photo here in your topic, but for all who don;t know anything about horses and pony's: This is how he/she should look (condition i mean):

This is one of my females with her son, he is only half a day old on this photo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bokkerijdersburcht.nl/britains
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJune 3rd 2013, 20:12

Great cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
AlienMantis

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJune 3rd 2013, 22:46

Do you have animal police?

Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJune 3rd 2013, 23:11

Susanne, you should call the police or some animal rights organisation, or maybe an organisation that is closely related to horse protection. One call can change everything. The owners can get scared and start to care about those horses, or they will be charged, or whatever (I don't know how it works in Denmark). However, you should try. Those horses are in quite poor condition.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJune 3rd 2013, 23:24

Rayder, what a FANTASTIC little mare and her adorable son !
Yes, that is the condition they should be in !!!! Sad(o)):

AM, yes, we do have "Animal rights", but it is my experience there is not much they can do, unless some animals have actually starved to death No

Agata I am scared that if the police is involved and can`t do anything after all, the owner of these four young mares will just take them away, and I will loose the possibility of contact.
Like this I can take care of them the whole summer, and go check on them next winter... Suspect

BUT there are already good news. Now, after 3 days they have begun to play together and run on the field !!!! cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJune 4th 2013, 06:37

Thank you for sharing this little story with legacy between sugar and bitterness.
I missed it last year and only discovered it this morning. It is sad to see animal owners who are unable to take care of their horses, I don't know how they are abla to send them to you in this shape for the second year... At least those horses will have a very good summer because someone like you is living near them cheers
I can't wait to read you again now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D EmptyJune 4th 2013, 07:32

This is terrible, it's obvious they don't care about them so can you offer to keep them for good?
They looked so happy last time they came to stay.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D Empty

Back to top Go down

My summer visitors :-D
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next