Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA

Go down 
+14
landrover
Kristie
Sergey
Kiryuha
Ana
Lasersword1973
ken yeo
Kikimalou
aandmkw
Wildheart
HKHollinstone
Gabe
MartinH
zbyszek
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA   Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 7:29 pm

zbyszek wrote:

.....Well, the folly of collecting is huge and irresistible force.

lol! cheers This is SO right Laughing

It is wonderful to see how your collection has grown, with figures for the whole family Very Happy

I am especially impressed by your collection of CollectA dogs...ohhh, I am VERY impressed by them all, but I have never seen so many of those dogs together before. They a a whole lot more nice than in the catalogue I love you flower

Zbyszek, it is wonderful to have you and your precious family back again sunny
Even if i still can`t spell you name without checking Embarassed Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
zbyszek

zbyszek

Country/State : Gliwice,Poland

Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA   Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 7:35 am

Thank you Susanne for a very nice and warm words. Embarassed Very Happy sunny
And I hope that soon my name now will not have to check Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA   Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 8:32 am

A very nice and educating way to show your collection Zbyszek!
Congrats on your latest additions to! Very Happy
you can't start early enough to get your children interested in nature and animals, those are the people who will save our planet in the future(i hope)! Laughing cheers

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:04 am

Would love to see a 'Harriet Re-Paint"(As good as the Wisent) Przewalski's horse!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA   Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:18 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Would love to see a 'Harriet Re-Paint"(As good as the Wisent) Przewalski's horse!!!!!

Balti, you are so funny I love you - I am very happy you can`t get near me, or you would begin repainting me, too affraid
Hmmm, night be a good idea Rolling Eyes scratch

Sorry Embarassed - yes, of course, Harriet could make wonders with any figure cheers
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:26 am

Here's the deal...
These companies, PLEASE do it right or don't do it all! A lot of these figures could be so much better! But because they lag on the paint jobs, the figures aren't up to par!
Harriet's Wisent repaint is a fine example of that! She did a MUCH better job than Schleich! The Przewalski's horse needs the "HT" (Harriet Touch)!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA   Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:28 am

Hmmm, how many hours did it take Harriet to paint the wincent scratch
And how many could they sell at the price it would be then ?

I think comparing Harriet`s repaint to a mass produced plastic toy it is like comparing a poster to real, original art, Wink Very Happy

Of course you can get perfectly painted figueres, but you have to pay then , just look here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Shocked Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA   Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:25 pm

Nice collection, I like to see your figurines by continents!

I also think the Schleich Przewalsky has a bit ugly paintjob, and I was planning to buy one and repaint it. But I have no time xD

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 7:50 pm

No, they CAN do it right if they choose too! Example, look at the Papo hippo, that paint job is near perfect! So if they can do it for their hippo, why can't they do it for their mandrill?
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA   Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 3:52 am

I think most of us agree with you Balti, but i think that is not realistic... Laughing
The companies will never do like we want, maybe not nice, the do it the easiest way for their production. Crying or Very sad
If this means a worser paintjob, because it is cheaper, then they will choose that way... Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA   Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Our collection of hand-painted figurines Schleich, Safari, Papo, CollectA
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2