Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub

Go down 
+10
A-J
Ana
Elros Alvar
Taylcoel
widukind
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
scot(t)
Katty
Numa
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub  Empty
PostSubject: PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub    PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub  EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 3:05 am

I was surprised to see a black panther released by Schleich as part of their 2012 book and animal range and so had to get it. It was a little expensive as I had to buy the book set for around £11.00 but it was worth it just to get my hands on this official colour variation of the panther cub.

I have taken lots of photos of it below and in comparison with the normal panther cub and both panther adult variations. It is a shame that Schleich do not release the black panther family as part of the current range as it is annoying having to buy a whole set just for one model.

Anyway it is nice to have this in my collection. Unusually the black panther cub comes with an original tag with a unique number compared to the normal panther. The Noctis black panther does not have a tag at all. I wonder what makes Schleich give some models a tag and not others? Personally I prefer having the tags but thats another story...

What I can say is that the adult black panther has a shinier plastic finish and the colouring is a black with a slight white or silver tinge. The panther cub is a clear matt finish and the colouring is black with a tint of brown underneath.

Photos are attached below:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub    PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub  EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 4:11 am

Neat!!! I like him. Congratulations on you Limited little cub!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub    PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub  EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 7:27 am

I like the panther. It's too bad it's only available with the "Noctis" set, but I've seriously considered getting it anyway. Great call in picking up the special edition panther cub. Great pictures Numaan!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub    PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub  EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:29 am

Thanks for the pictures Numaan, congratulations on getting him!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub    PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub  EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 9:00 am

WONDERFUL ! WONDERFUL ! cheers

I really never considered the black ones as wariations, but of course they are Very Happy
A brick in the Schleich-collecting puzzle fell into place in mu head geek

Thankyou VERY, VERY much for the fantastic photoes bounce flower bounce king

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub    PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub  EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 9:01 am

CDongratulations!! I nice little cat!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taylcoel

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub    PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub  EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 11:39 am

Ive really wanted it to add to my other black panther from bayala but sadly they only release it in Germany Crying or Very sad It looks fantastic, thanks for the photos cheers I also think they should release both in the wild life sections

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub    PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub  EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 11:55 am

Very good photos. cheers
Also look for the breeding of panther to my collection of Bayala, Very Happy bounce
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub    PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub  EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Very nice and cute! Congratulations Numaan! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub    PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub  EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:30 pm

Very nice! I like the little black one more than the one from bayala, but they are both great!
Congrats! and thanks for sharing

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub    PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub  EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:17 pm

Congrats Numaan! I like the little one too!

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub    PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub  EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 7:24 pm

I like the cub much more than the Bayala adult. Thanks for posting beautiful comparison photos!

Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub    PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub  EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 12:43 pm

Hey Numaan , how u man ? Glad to c u again Very Happy

I love the cub so much ...it has a great charm I love you

and of course, I love the adult too I love you
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub    PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub  EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:30 pm

Numaan, I'm glad you are happy with your new figure so congratulations!
Anyway, as a collectorI must confess I have a huge respect for what Schleich has done some years ago when it was a faimily brand. My 3 favorite Schleich figures are from 2003, 2004 and 2005.
What are we seeing here? Again the new Schleich abusing of the eagerness of the most faithful collectors of the brand!
If that figure as exactly the same but sold under AAA name nobody would say that it worths 11 pounds. scratch
Surely the manager of the brand is laughing of us, he is surely a genius, he made a figure from an existing and very outdated and uninteresting mould, saving a lot of money, repainted it in a black and easy painting and is selling a figure of such a small size and low quality for 11 pounds. It worths why? because it is a special edition? A pseudo-variation? Because it has a different tag? Or is it the book so fantastic?
If these are the reasons so what we like is not the figure but the idea of finding a new beagle. For me it is almost nothing and I hope next time we don't have another silly variation and even more expensive. Schleich must know that unless I don't like it and other similar things of their strategy and I hope they are not destroying the fantastic work of a family that made their figures with love. I'm not a Schleich slave! Sad

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub    PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub  Empty

Back to top Go down

PHOTOS: Schleich 2012 Special Edition Black Panther Cub
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich :: Schleich walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: