Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Return of the Windhund

Go down 
+6
landrover
baltimore zoo
SUSANNE
Roger
widukind
castlerigg
10 posters
AuthorMessage
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

Return of the Windhund Empty
PostSubject: Return of the Windhund   Return of the Windhund EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Choosing a pair of Dogs for our Ark is always difficult, because there are so many beautiful models in so many different materials. (These are just a few in composition, metal, and plaster.)

But we have always mourned for “Erté”, an elegant Russian Borzoi from the Tipple-Topple mould, who was stolen from us twenty-one years ago ...

This week, we managed to get another!

We are very happy to have this model in our collection again. Here he is, being introduced to three of the pack by "Charlot", our 1930's Lineol Shepherd's Dog.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Windhund   Return of the Windhund EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:45 pm

You cant see that this dog is a oldie!! Phantastic!! Big congratulations!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Windhund   Return of the Windhund EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:52 pm

Very beautiful vintage dogs! I'm glad you found it again! Very Happy
It would be interesting to have your imput about new pvc dogs. Some brands are working hardly in it. flower flower
If this dog was mine its name would be Thomson! scratch geek

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Windhund   Return of the Windhund EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 5:04 pm

Ohhh, my knees go all wobbly pale

He is SO wonderful, beautyful, great bounce bounce cheers

And he is from the time when this magnificent, huge and strong and enormously fast hunting dog was not crippeled by haystacks of long, fluffy fur, and humiliated with powder and perfume at dog shows What a Face

Your collection of dogs is absolutely awesome I love you drunken

baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Return of the Windhund EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:15 pm

What breed is the black dog to the left of the Great Dane? Looks like a Cane Corso?
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Windhund   Return of the Windhund EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:50 pm

These dogs figures are very rares to me..Russian Borzoi is beautiful cheers

Is marvellous see your animals Sue and Lesley.

Please show more...and more.

Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Windhund   Return of the Windhund EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:58 pm

That's a wonderful model, I really like the Austrian composition animals.
Will we ever see your entire boarding list? It would make for a fascinating thread.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
castlerigg

castlerigg

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Windhund   Return of the Windhund EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:10 pm

Thanks, everyone! Tierman, we might get them all lined up one day -but the boarding list grows longer and longer each year!

baltimore zoo wrote:
What breed is the black dog to the left of the Great Dane? Looks like a Cane Corso?

Ahh ... that's Deadlock, our favourite composition dog and leader of the pack. To us, he represents a typical European Mastiff-type, as seen in Medieval tapestries. He was almost certainly a Tipple-Topple sculpt originally, but after 1925, he was sold by both Pfeiffer and Hausser as a Great Dane.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Windhund   Return of the Windhund EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:42 pm

landrover wrote:

.......Is marvellous see your animals Sue and Lesley.

Please show more...and more.

Yes ! Yes ! bounce bounce Very Happy

Arrrhw, that mastiff is beautyful..also drunken

baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Return of the Windhund EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:56 am

Thanks for the info and the close up picture!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Windhund   Return of the Windhund EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:34 am

I can't believe I missed this a couple days ago. I'm so glad I found it. Wonderful post! The Russian Borzoi is gorgeous, as is the Lineol Shepherd's Dog. All the dogs pictured are amazing and I'd love to see more of your collection Sue and Lesley.

May I ask, what is the brand of the brown short-haired Dachshund with the red collar (in the picture where the newly acquired Borzoi is being introduced to three of the pack)?

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Windhund   Return of the Windhund EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:35 am

Oh they are gorgeous!! That's so wonderful you were able to find another Borzoi, congratualtions! cheers
How did you other one get stolen? Was your house broken into?

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
castlerigg

castlerigg

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Windhund   Return of the Windhund EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:40 am

The brown Dachshund is Hausser/Elastolin composition. His body paint is in good condition, but at some time, the end of his tail has broken off. Someone has replaced it with a longer and more pointed one than he had when he left the factory.

Harriet, he was part of a display in a case at the local Children's Library where we both worked at the time. Someone went to a considerable effort to get into the case and the Windhund was the only figure stolen. ... so it must have been the object of the whole theft. Actually, the stolen dog had a lot of repairs and almost a complete repaint ... this specimen is in much better condition!

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Windhund   Return of the Windhund EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:54 am

This is incredible ! How can somebody look at a model on their shelf and enjoy it, when they know that it is STOLEN Shocked Suspect Evil or Very Mad

The things that people steal, - I once worked in a hospital, and somebody stole the wallet fron an unconcious old man No

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Windhund   Return of the Windhund EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:34 pm

How beautiful borzoi dog, very lovely! I love you Wonderful model I love you Congratulations Sue and Lesley for having him back in collection.

It is very sad that somebody steal Your previous one Sad

Also Dashchound and Deadlock are fantastic sculptures Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Windhund   Return of the Windhund EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:32 pm

That's really an awful thing to do, but wonderful you've found a better one!
SUSANNE wrote:
This is incredible ! How can somebody look at a model on their shelf and enjoy it, when they know that it is STOLEN Shocked Suspect Evil or Very Mad
Quite!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Windhund   Return of the Windhund EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:06 pm

castlerigg wrote:

The brown Dachshund is Hausser/Elastolin composition. His body paint is in good condition, but at some time, the end of his tail has broken off. Someone has replaced it with a longer and more pointed one than he had when he left the factory.

Harriet, he was part of a display in a case at the local Children's Library where we both worked at the time. Someone went to a considerable effort to get into the case and the Windhund was the only figure stolen. ... so it must have been the object of the whole theft. Actually, the stolen dog had a lot of repairs and almost a complete repaint ... this specimen is in much better condition!

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg

Thank you Sue & Lesley! Very kind of you to post this picture. I love the Dachshund (long tail and all); it's a lovely model.

The theft is so bizarre! I really can't help wondering if the thief was a collector who knew precisely what they were taking or whether this person just randomly found this particular item desirable. Either way, it is shameful.

HKHollinstone wrote:
That's really an awful thing to do, but wonderful you've found a better one!
SUSANNE wrote:
Quite!

Agreed.

-Scott
Back to top Go down
castlerigg

castlerigg

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Windhund   Return of the Windhund EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:38 am

Scott ... 21 years ago, in the UK at least, composition animals were considered worthless. We were told many times that only soldiers were worth collecting. So a collector is very unlikely.

And surely, a collector would have seen that the animal was a mass of repairs?

Of course, it was in a children's library .... maybe a child said "Oh, I want that dog, it looks so like our Timmy!" ... and Daddy or big brother got it for him/her ???

We will never know..........

Lesley.
Castlerigg.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Windhund   Return of the Windhund Empty

Back to top Go down

Return of the Windhund
Page 1 of 1